SPECOPS_Exile
+0|6637
http://www.freewebs.com/2142petition/index.htm

join the petition sign the guest book it seems all EA can understand is numbers  so the more the better
HellGuard99
+2|6495
that petition fails, EA dont listens to its community much.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
EA's not going to do shit, even if there is 2,000,000 Signatures on it..

Why?

Because they know even if they dont do anything, you'll keep playing, and people will keep buying.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6616|Peoria
sigh, calm down. I signed it, but seriously, your over-reacting. EA isn't going to be browsing your pron sites. And you guys gotta realize, dynamic ads are going to be in ALL games in a matter of years. Deal.
SPECOPS_Exile
+0|6637
hey its worth a try   

if ea is smart they will listen there gonna piss alot of people off
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Hmm. Currently people who have a certain Microsoft security update installed, (which I imagine protects against spyware,) are not able to get into BF2142 - I imagine this is because the dynamic advertising insists that this piece of software shouldn't be installed so they can get their ads in there. Personaly I'm not going to delete this and harm my computer for their bloody ads.
I know 'cause I've got this security thing installed and cannot get into BF2142.

In-game advertising is a stupid and annoying idea. We get enough advertising everywhere else in life, can we PLEASE keep it out of at least ONE medium.

Fucking capatialists.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6643|Houston, Texas

Elamdri wrote:

sigh, calm down. I signed it, but seriously, your over-reacting. EA isn't going to be browsing your pron sites. And you guys gotta realize, dynamic ads are going to be in ALL games in a matter of years. Deal.
SWAT 4 had it, and that games been out for a while.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6603|USA
bf2 players need to take the stick out of their ass and stfu.
midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6499|here

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

SWAT 4 had it, and that games been out for a while.
SWAT 4 rocks out loud.

And I'm still waiting for 2142.  My bro had to pick it up for me, and he's still workin.  -.-  Frickin security guards
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6479|Minnesota eh
I havent seent the advirtising in game, doesnt bother me much
alpinestar
+304|6566|New York City baby.
just don't buy the fucking game damn, it sucks any way
uberdoc
+3|6386|California
^^
1. No, it doesn't
2. They will never get rid of ads.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
The adds are no big deal. If anything the game will be better supported because of the adds, EA will make more money on it so they would see more reason to keep people playing. You guys must think these things through more and you will see possible good coming out of it.
Zodiaccup
+42|6516

alpinestar wrote:

Had been said a million times before, but it's still true.
ECH
+50|6613|Some where near you
Is it true that few people play BF2142 and has a lot of empty (none filled) servers?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

ECH wrote:

Is it true that few people play BF2142 and has a lot of empty (none filled) servers?
No. I find many many 64/48 servers.
ECH

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

ECH wrote:

No. I find many many 64/48 servers.
Yeah but they are not full from what I read
http://tinyurl.com/y2sqmh

Last edited by ECH (2006-10-19 09:12:48)

Richard2000
Banned
+39|6515|England
what sort of ads are you getting on 2142
am getting the game tomorrow so let me know plz
tupla_s
+455|6562|Finland

Mr.Casual wrote:

I havent seent the advirtising in game, doesnt bother me much at all
EDIT:

Richard2000 wrote:

what sort of ads are you getting on 2142
am getting the game tomorrow so let me know plz
Good question, I'd like to know too 'cos I haven't seen any of them

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-10-19 09:23:38)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
I didn't see one ad and played for 3 1/2 hours last night.  By the way, EA hit a home run with this game. I had no lag . . . none, zip, zilch, nada.  Not one CTD, no red bug, no squad bug . . . no problems at all.  And the combat was 10 times more intense than BF2 on the 64 player server I was on.  Field upgrades are sweet and allow you to try out the unlocks so you know what to pick when you rank up.  And no logging out to pick your unlock.  You can pick it right away in game as you rank up!  Bravo EA! 

And who cares about the ads.  You're doing yourself a disservice as a gamer if you don't get this game.  Buy it!
Stingray24

alpinestar wrote:

How do you know?  Do you own it?  If you don't, shut up.  The game rocks.  Quit trying to ruin others chance to have fun by being so freaking whiney.
ECH

Stingray24 wrote:

I didn't see one ad and played for 3 1/2 hours last night.  By the way, EA hit a home run with this game. I had no lag . . . none, zip, zilch, nada.  Not one CTD, no red bug, no squad bug . . . no problems at all.  And the combat was 10 times more intense than BF2 on the 64 player server I was on.  Field upgrades are sweet and allow you to try out the unlocks so you know what to pick when you rank up.  And no logging out to pick your unlock.  You can pick it right away in game as you rank up!  Bravo EA! 

And who cares about the ads.  You're doing yourself a disservice as a gamer if you don't get this game.  Buy it!
Wow, they fixed the lag issue and it only cost you $50 LOL
Giant_Squid500
+5|6642|U.S.A.

Naughty_Om wrote:

bf2 players need to take the stick out of their ass and stfu.
You need to STFU. We're BF2 players, that gives us every right in hell to complain. We've put up with enough of EA's bogus BS long enough.

Ad's are annoying as hell, and just plain ruin the experience of the game. Im signing this bitch even if it won't do anything.
Stingray24

ECH wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Wow, they fixed the lag issue and it only cost you $50 LOL
They fixed EVERYTHING people complained about in BF2  and 2142 is all new content.  You're missing out by whining and ripping on something you might not have even played.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2006-10-19 09:34:49)

ECH
https://img246.imageshack.us/img246/504/adfreegq4.jpg

Last edited by ECH (2006-10-19 09:44:42)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard