DRB_Black
+0|6736|Sacramento, California
What I don't understand, is how I can put five to ten rounds in some clown, only to have him drop prone fire one round, and I'm the one that dies.  I have Comcast cable and play low pings, and I have two gigs of ram with a 3 gig P-4 processor.  My vid card is kind of lame ATI 300XL 128 mb; but that should not make a difference.

I know I hit the guy cuz I see the dust cloud.  I'm not bitching about the younger guys with a faster reaction time over this old fart that I am, just the assholes I know I have the drop on and then I die anyway.  I die enough just sucking at the game, but come on five rounds from a PKM in the chest should kill anyone.
=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6789|Canader , eh?
there is a little thing called cheating...do you know what it is?

*excuse the sarcasm*
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6767|Houston, TX
I've experienced something similar to that on Iron Gator.  This guy turns the corner and there I am waiting.  I unload about 7 - 10 rounds into what my reticule "says" is his chest.  He survives all but the last shot. (head I think)  When the smoke clears and I'm done cursing the accuracy, I view the wall behind my ex-target.

I swear it was like Pulp Fiction. (Jules and Vincent vs the G-Damn hand cannon)  I look and a bugs-bunny style outline of bullet holes is etched into the wall from where my bullets managed to miss this guy.  I couldn't have been more that a few meters from the end of the hall where he met his PKM demise. 

My resolve is to fire in shorter bursts. 3 maybe 4 bullets at most.

Edit: When it comes to the one shot thing, he might have a cheat or hack, but that gets hard to prove.

Last edited by Kung Jew (2005-12-14 12:47:30)

A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6762|Hamilton, Scotland
man thats shady, thats happend to me, but the guy probably aimed fr ur head! (DRB_black) thats y i aim fr upper chest or if hes static, in the head, just depends on the accuracy level on the gun u have and what the enemy has.
Also, the closer the better!

Last edited by A.Drew(G.Drew (2005-12-14 12:52:27)

FiR-BlackEagle-
+0|6808
I have it some times to but there are classes that have armor MAYBY that explain why it comes but Im not sure. But have it some times too that some 1 shoots me and I Shot him and he`s killed it`s strange. It could be too a Bug. Im NOT FOR SURE.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6732
get aload of this some n00b comes round a corner on the karkand map i filled him with a whole clip from the F2000 at point blank range as he is trying to reload his GL he didnt die not even flinch then i couldt move and he knifed me WTF reported to admin and they couldnt have given a shit next thing i know he got me with a pistol (headshot) from like half the map away

https://bf2s.com/player/60409746/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/60409746/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/60409746/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/60409746/awards.jpg
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6786|mansfield

DRB_Black wrote:

What I don't understand, is how I can put five to ten rounds in some clown, only to have him drop prone fire one round, and I'm the one that dies.  I have Comcast cable and play low pings, and I have two gigs of ram with a 3 gig P-4 processor.  My vid card is kind of lame ATI 300XL 128 mb; but that should not make a difference.

I know I hit the guy cuz I see the dust cloud.  I'm not bitching about the younger guys with a faster reaction time over this old fart that I am, just the assholes I know I have the drop on and then I die anyway.  I die enough just sucking at the game, but come on five rounds from a PKM in the chest should kill anyone.
maybe your old and he was a younger guy/girl with faster reflexes
[64]-Spud
+0|6736|cork city Ireland
what pissis me off is when u shoot at a guy he hits the deck and his gun is not even aiming at u  like of to the left and bang bang u dead,

and LOL @ hurricane
bmyerz85
+0|6770
1. aim for the face
2. keep moving
3. move perpendicular to an opponent
4. dont trust your reticule, it lies
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6752|Rochester, NY
Interesting, always try to aim at his weak spot before he gets you.
bmyerz85
+0|6770
i found the biggest mistake to make in the game is to think that you have a guy beatin and he is dead, because many times i have found if you stop firing when you think he is dead, that is when you get messed up
topal63
. . .
+533|6740

[64]-Spud wrote:

what pissis me off is when u shoot at a guy he hits the deck and his gun is not even aiming at u  like of to the left and bang bang u dead,

and LOL @ hurricane
What you see & what he sees are not (might not be) the same thing. . .

If you are standing up your visual reference in-game shows you as standing-up. . .
If you are prone - shone as prone. . .

When prone your aim can almost go vertical from your point-of-view (P.O.V.), but the graphic animation seen
by the other player is a muzzel pointing forward not up . . . he can even appear to be no pointing at you; but you are wrong for thinking that - that is just a mismatch in the animation; for whatever the reason is/maybe - he might  be/or is actually pointing at you - from his P.O.V.

Last edited by topal63 (2005-12-16 13:29:28)

Sluggit
+3|6740|Sweden
Posted one before too U DRB_Black on the topic To those Veteran Players with 5000 Kills or More.

Same again!! There are some tricks that U can use fore example put a Medic bag or two beside U and U will be able to take some more damage. If this was the case at the same time, the other guy shoots U in the head, bang there U go!

If U have thick padding and a team mate put a Medic bag or two at U feet (beside U) U can take so much more damage. Maybe that looks odd in-game and U think it’s a cheat but it’s not. I use that all the time as Medic. Just make those Medic Bags keep coming all the time, fore U self and U team mates!!

I am 40+ and think that the game is fun and guess, hope that I’m not that bad??

Keep on practise and look at the other guys and copy what U think is good and U need to improve U game-play!!!!

All the Best and don’t give in !!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard