Yob2kanobe
+0|6749
I really think we need to have access to spare batteries for the Night Vision goggles, what a PIA to run out of batteries in a firefight! They could be passed out like medi-kits or ammo pouches by at least one kit. dam we really just need a resupply grunt that runs around with all the goodies to hand out!
Jodah3
+1|6757
I think the battery lasts too long.  Unless you're a sniper/commander you generally die before you run out of the battery and I believe it would add a whole new level of strategy to the night maps if people had to be more conservative with their batteries.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6814|Barrington, RI
I fell off the cliff on Devils Perch when my batteries ran out.  so yes more batteries please!
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6800|The Hague, Holland
Omg yes we need some batteries for those cursed things.
But lets admit it, if you play on the frontline, you dont have to worry about the batteries.
Youll probably die before the NVG runs out of batterie, wich is ok with me.
G.I.JOE¤MFA¤
+3|6748|Wherever Uncle Sams Needs Me.
i find i rarely use them...if i do use them i only use them for a few seconds...just to scout around for any snipers prior to me advancing on a flag

dont think i ever used them on devils perch
Rosse_modest
+76|6794|Antwerp, Flanders
Perhaps you need to manage your goggle usage better?
{504th}T/4.Stryker
+0|6746|Winnipeg, Manitoba
perhaps I need to buy SF first
sentinel13
+0|6748
I think the batteries last an alright amount of time, my actual beef with them relates more to the extreme brightness of "lit" areas. I mean seriously nothing sucks worse than entering into a town with your NV on and a street light turned on completely blinds you.

But if there would be a class to hand out batteries I guess it would have to be the support class since the batteries are sorta like ammo....
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6720
Is it just my graphics or do the NV goggles do sod all. I can't see a thing in them!
{USI}_Zombie
+11|6792
I'm with sentinel13 on this one, the goggles need a better agc circuit, (thats automatic gain control btw), to reduce their amplification in a more lit area
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6769|The 70's
When SF was announced i got the mistaken impression that we would have torches, attached to the barrel of your gun, which would mean when you switched it on, your lightsource would be visible to all. NV goggles make things too easy as long as you flick it on/off when necessary.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6724|Antarctica

sentinel13 wrote:

I think the batteries last an alright amount of time, my actual beef with them relates more to the extreme brightness of "lit" areas. I mean seriously nothing sucks worse than entering into a town with your NV on and a street light turned on completely blinds you.

But if there would be a class to hand out batteries I guess it would have to be the support class since the batteries are sorta like ammo....
That was done on purpose so ppl wouldn't use the NV 24/7
bigelectricat
+3|6710

{USI}_Zombie wrote:

I'm with sentinel13 on this one, the goggles need a better agc circuit, (thats automatic gain control btw), to reduce their amplification in a more lit area
pc gamer did an interview with the makers of BF2SF and asked them about the night vision goggles. they are aware of the current generation night vision goggles that can adjust to light situations. but they chose to use old technology, i.e. goggles that dont react to ambient light, to balance gameplay.

personally i dont think it balances anything if you limit the night vision goggles because all sides have access to the same equipment.

and why did they not put night vision on the sniper rifle scopes? i know for sure the russian dragunov have these types of scopes. and they fit on NATO rifles too.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6732|Purplicious Wisconsin

bigelectricat wrote:

and why did they not put night vision on the sniper rifle scopes? i know for sure the russian dragunov have these types of scopes. and they fit on NATO rifles too.
I like the idea and yes most countries use these kinds of scopes,  even the LAW 136(Swedish call it the AT4)http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl11-e.htm has this weapon. By the way, how does it work instead of posting the website you click a gun name and it shows the gun on a different site?

Last edited by War Man (2006-01-03 19:12:57)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard