Wisher1981
+1|6780|SWEDEN
didnt meen u king jew... just thoose other bastards... u´r quite nice...
and yeah i suppose i did know people would bitch.... but... come on... i said im sorry two times... wtf...
otorhinorrhea
+0|6737
Just an FYI, the Army ribbons CAN be obtained, they are NOT commented out, UBAR just doesn't have the right stat requirments, see the following:
http://bf2s.com/player/45849672/
RocketChild
+8|6865|TotalBF2

otorhinorrhea wrote:

Just an FYI, the Army ribbons CAN be obtained, they are NOT commented out, UBAR just doesn't have the right stat requirments, see the following:
What do you reckon the requirements are then?  I see that the numbers are real lopsided for those two you did earn...you think you got them after 15 hours, 20 hours?
Diddy_Bongo
+0|6745
I think its 45 hours and 100 wins to get each ribbon that would be my guess looking at it.

In addition I think the medals will come at 250 hours (like they do in BF2) and not the 4500 hours mentioned. as i understand it the service medals have always been 250 hours (I know I will get flamed for saying that ). and not the original 4500 hours stated (maybe someone miss calculated ?? ) The reason I say this is because there was someone before teh patches came out who got teh Navy Medal, i Know because i checked on this site (he wasnt a particularly good player ). Sorry I cant remember is name to back up my arguement although I did have it written down somewhere .
RocketChild
+8|6865|TotalBF2
I would believe 250 hrs easy.  4500 hrs would be 12 hrs a day for one year (per army).  I wonder if it is like the  Far East Service and  Mid-East Service Ribbons.  UBAR does not have exact figures for those, but it might be the similar qualifications.
Stogle
+0|6765
please delete this thread
TroyN
+0|6751

otorhinorrhea wrote:

Wow, that turns my world upside down a bit. I *should* be getting my SEAL ribbon soon then.. I have 100 wins, 24 loses, and a best round score as SEALs as 120. 31 hours played.. So I should be getting it within 15 hours more yeah? That really shocks me, I just figured they were unobtainable.  I'm guessing it's 100 wins and 35/40/45 hours played.. I'm gonna dedicate today to playing SEAL maps. I'll update when I get it.. I should be able to put atleast up to 40 hours today.
AbrnRanger
+-1|6743|Bradenton, FL

TroyN wrote:

I'm guessing it's 100 wins and 35/40/45 hours played.. I'm gonna dedicate today to playing SEAL maps. I'll update when I get it.. I should be able to put atleast up to 40 hours today.
I am betting that it is 40 hours of play per team and not the amount of wins/losses.

35 hours is ruled out at the time of this post with this profile.
http://bf2s.com/player/44995752/

45 is ruled out at the time of this post with the aforementioned post.

BTW Long time viewer, First time replier. 
TroyN
+0|6751
Most likely, will see soon. At 33:12 SEALs now.. Woo boy I'm geting sick of devil's perch/leviathan/iron gator already 40 seems pretty fair for 6 factions. Anyway, I'll update like I mentioned when I finally get it then we'll know pretty much for sure the requirements, or if he got it by sheer luck meeting odd requirements. I'm hoping it's just time though...

UPDATE: 35 hour mark reached, as expected no ribbon. Will update again at 40 hours.
UPDATE2: 37:30 hours, still no ribbon. 12am so going to sleep.. will find out tomorrow.
UPDATE3: 40 hour mark reached.. no ribbon. Immensly frustrated. It's either 45 hours, or some very odd in a round requirements we don't know of.

Last edited by TroyN (2005-12-15 13:25:23)

Diddy_Bongo
+0|6745
45 is ruled out at the time of this post with the aforementioned post.

But it says he HAS got it at 45 hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so why would you rule it out granted 35 hours we can rule out as your first one prooves this.

The only links between the 2 awards that that guy has got are :

over 45 hours play on each side
Over 100 wins on each side
and a Best round of 80+

Troyn any luck ?????

Last edited by Diddy_Bongo (2005-12-15 08:47:54)

TroyN
+0|6751
Ok, I put alot of effort into finding out about this. Hit the 45 hour mark. No ribbon. Thought maybe it had a teamwork IAR requirement. Got 50 team points on devil's perch, no ribbon. Thought maybe kills IAR requirement, 24 devil's perch no ribbon. Aparently it is not time based. I don't know how to explain it, and maybe time is a factor. It's not *just* time though.
Diddy_Bongo
+0|6745
Have you tried re connecting to server after reaching the 45 hour mark as quite often you can only get the award after achieving the time then reconnecting to be eligible for it ... I know that sounds weird but I know what I meant !!!!!!!!!
TroyN
+0|6751

Diddy_Bongo wrote:

Have you tried re connecting to server after reaching the 45 hour mark as quite often you can only get the award after achieving the time then reconnecting to be eligible for it ... I know that sounds weird but I know what I meant !!!!!!!!!
Yeah, the 50 teamwork and 24 kills was also after reconnect.

EDIT: Ok, just looked at the top 20 players. Quite a few have 48-50+ hours as factions on Special Forces and no ribbons. I don't know what that guy did to get the SAS and Spetz Natz ribbon, but obviously it's not just time played. I have NO idea what it is. Quite angry that I tanked my win:loss to get time as SEALs in. Now war college is 100 more wins away :\

Last edited by TroyN (2005-12-17 08:56:07)

Diddy_Bongo
+0|6745
http://bf2s.com/player/Mr.Bonus/ <-- heres anotehr player with soem of the forces ribbons I found him via leaderboard in the game it says for ribbons

" Played all mec special forces maps (faction)"
Time in service

They are the only 2 things taht link it I am just starting to wonder if you have to  play each map a set amount of time if you look at mr bonus's stats he has played teh MEC v USA maps an aweful lot. I wonder if there is some thing in that as the otehr guy had played teh SAS v SPetz maps alot
TroyN
+0|6751

Diddy_Bongo wrote:

http://bf2s.com/player/Mr.Bonus/ <-- heres anotehr player with soem of the forces ribbons I found him via leaderboard in the game it says for ribbons

" Played all mec special forces maps (faction)"
Time in service

They are the only 2 things taht link it I am just starting to wonder if you have to  play each map a set amount of time if you look at mr bonus's stats he has played teh MEC v USA maps an aweful lot. I wonder if there is some thing in that as the otehr guy had played teh SAS v SPetz maps alot
I thought about this too.. however when I looked he had less than 3 hours on both warlord and night flight. While I have 10+ hours on every SEAL map except Iron Gator which is at 9 hours. Maybe it's 50 hours. I dunno. Could of been some odd state update and he got the ribbon updated before BF2s updated his spetz natz time to 50+. That's all I can think of.. Unless the ribbons have different times. Which I'd say is a possibility since the rebels only have two maps total. They may all have slightly different time requirements.. I've done everything short of geting 60+ command points in a round to try and trigger it though. Tried 50 team points, 24+ kills in a round, 47 command points, over one hour time in a round. Even got a win on all 3 SEAL maps after the 45 hour mark to make sure.

EDIT: Er.. looking at that link. He got the SEAL ribbon:

"You have earned the Navy Seal Service Ribbon.

* First received on: December 13, 2005, 5:57 pm"

December 13th? If this is right.. he got it long before the 50 mark. Almost would of had to. He plays WAY too much to have only gotten 1 hour more on SEALs in 6 days. Something isn't right here. There is some crazy in a round requirement we're not seeing. Got to be. I can't even fathom it though.

Last edited by TroyN (2005-12-19 11:56:54)

Titanium Shadow
Silent Justice
+0|6765|Chicago
The thing I am noticing with both profiles is(you almost hit it TroyN) they bot5h gottem on the 13th...Granted he did get mec the 14th. But the 13th must have been a good day for handing them out. I wasnt on that night   I was SICK. would've been interesting to see if I would've received them as I had 45+ hours for SAS
TroyN
+0|6751

Titanium Shadow wrote:

The thing I am noticing with both profiles is(you almost hit it TroyN) they bot5h gottem on the 13th...Granted he did get mec the 14th. But the 13th must have been a good day for handing them out. I wasnt on that night   I was SICK. would've been interesting to see if I would've received them as I had 45+ hours for SAS
Thinking about it. I've heard people say you could technically uncomment the awards server side and recieve them. Of course this would not be allowed on a ranked server. Would it be possible however, that a server a handful of people played on from the 13th-14th was ranked and maybe had it uncommented, then got caught and was shutdown/forced to change? Any way to check server history? Since they're supposedly commented out in the files.. something is NOT right here though. The more I think about it the more it doesn't make sense. In the files it's listed at 5 hours and commented out.. yet couple of people recieved them only one day apart.

Another thing I notice, is about an even split of the forces. Such as the first profile linked has SAS and Spetz ribbons, and basicly got them at the same time. The second has SEAL and MEC also around the same time. Lowest threshold for recieving so far has been 45. Prehaps it's 45 hours as the rival forces. They kinda throw that out of whack with SAS vs Spetz when normally it's insurgents though. Could just be 45+ as two forces peroid however...
Diddy_Bongo
+0|6745
I was thinking mayb e its 80 hours 'In a theatre' (ie US seals V MEC) which triggers it then u just have to have a set amount of time playing each faction to get the award.

Im currently up to 60 hours for seals V MEC so we shall see soon enough

Last edited by Diddy_Bongo (2005-12-19 14:19:33)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6731|Antarctica
Maybe its just a bug?
RocketChild
+8|6865|TotalBF2

Diddy_Bongo wrote:

I was thinking mayb e its 80 hours 'In a theatre' (ie US seals V MEC) which triggers it then u just have to have a set amount of time playing each faction to get the award.

Im currently up to 60 hours for seals V MEC so we shall see soon enough
It looks like DJflexxor plays just one map, so I am not sure that is true, because Troy was doing the same thing.
Titanium Shadow
Silent Justice
+0|6765|Chicago
I got the ribbons now check out my post...srry no link but search sf ribbons
Diddy_Bongo
+0|6745
How did you get them did it just come up ??? Have you noticed what the reuqirements where ?? Any clues would be great !!!

Looking at your time spent on each map it has to be time in theatre that triggers it (total time) as I see you have like 90 hours + on Ghost town I can only assume that once you reach a certain total hours on faction maps then the award auto triggers ?? Did you recieve the awards in a round or did they just appear like teh BF2 ones did >?>

Last edited by Diddy_Bongo (2005-12-22 05:28:35)

ArkAng37
+1|6871|San Antonio, TX
Someone has like 45 or more gh as a SEALs and they have the ribbon. So Its NOT 5 gh as a army class its 45gh. Sucks nuts.
AbrnRanger
+-1|6743|Bradenton, FL
30 hours in the Army and a Best Round of 80 or more....if I recall from another thread.
YitEarp
+1|6751
that other thread is wrong, i have 49 hours as SAS, over 100 wins, and brs over 100.  from what i can tell the best guess so far is about 90 hours IN THEATER(meaning on the maps that army is on).  ill reach the 90 hours for SAS today or tomorrow though, i will keep ya posted and hopefully be able to confirm the reqs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard