Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6677|Belgium

JimmyBotswana wrote:

Again always the same shit TEAMWORK lol what a load of crap PEOPLE DONT DO TEAMWORK THEY GO OFF ON THEIR OWN AND DO THEIR OWN THING. I would love for the guy who just got in the tank to follow me and together my APC and his tank would pwn but he doesn't follow me, so now what do I do? How does your "teamwork" help now?
Maybe YOU should follow him... LOL

The EMP strike immobilizes any vehicle for a small amount of time, so your AT-Engi can take them out.

I play mostly on foot, and I see a lot of 'lone wolfs' speeding away with the APC or any other vehicle without even asking to get in.  10 seconds later they're wasted.

As Bernadictus said: Teamwork!
Gh0sT_RIder
+35|6426
The only problem i have with the apc's now is they cannot float.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6547|Doncaster, UK
I'm not overly sure that there's enough water in 2142 for that to be a problem. Have to see on the other maps.
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6645|United States - Illinois
If your not gonna work as a team then maybe BF2142 is not the game for you JimmyBotswana.  With this demo every nub in the world is gonna be playing so you really can't expect a whole ton of team work.  But once the game is released and people realize hey this isn't BF2 we have to actually work together then it will happen. 

APC vs APC solution

Apc pilot emps the opposite APC.  Then AT/eng gets out and rockets him.  Hides and reloads.  Rinse and repeat.  Opposing APC driver comes on the forum and complains b/c he got wtfpwnzored b/c they were using teamwork and he didn't have extra special big boom guns to destroy the APC by himself.

As for the hoover tank.  If you can't kill infantry with ease with the main gun you should probably quit life b/c it is SIMPLE to kill infantry with it.  Get a adjustable DPI mouse and its like being on foot but you have a gun that will blow the shit out of people.  I was first apprehensive about the hoover tank to but once i got used to the controls WOW just WOW i was raping dudes with easy.  Just adjusted up to 1600 DPI
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6547|Doncaster, UK

Colfax wrote:

If your not gonna work as a team then maybe BF2142 is not the game for you JimmyBotswana.  With this demo every nub in the world is gonna be playing so you really can't expect a whole ton of team work.  But once the game is released and people realize hey this isn't BF2 we have to actually work together then it will happen. 

APC vs APC solution

Apc pilot emps the opposite APC.  Then AT/eng gets out and rockets him.  Hides and reloads.  Rinse and repeat.  Opposing APC driver comes on the forum and complains b/c he got wtfpwnzored b/c they were using teamwork and he didn't have extra special big boom guns to destroy the APC by himself.

As for the hoover tank.  If you can't kill infantry with ease with the main gun you should probably quit life b/c it is SIMPLE to kill infantry with it.  Get a adjustable DPI mouse and its like being on foot but you have a gun that will blow the shit out of people.  I was first apprehensive about the hoover tank to but once i got used to the controls WOW just WOW i was raping dudes with easy.  Just adjusted up to 1600 DPI
Agreed, a mouse with an adjustable res upto 1600 or 2000 dpi is a massive advantage now. The ground mounted AV guns are slow as hell turning with a regular mouse, but whack up the res and you're a killing machine.

The Nekamata hover tanks is fantastic with a high res mouse as well.
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6645|United States - Illinois

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Agreed, a mouse with an adjustable res upto 1600 or 2000 dpi is a massive advantage now. The ground mounted AV guns are slow as hell turning with a regular mouse, but whack up the res and you're a killing machine.

Mine goes up to 1600 and it works perfect.  I play at 400 dpi.  Which is its lowest setting.  They aren't that expensive.
Zefar
+116|6650|Sweden
The EMP is far more usefull than most people think. 2 APCs going together with one tank or Mech can easily destroy any enemy tanks due to that they knock them out cold and the tanks just sit there and shoot their bullets at them.

And I'm sure we will see more teamwork than nothing at all later on when they game have been out for a while, heck even BF2 lacks Teamwork now and then but some servers are great with it. Same thing gonna happen to BF2142.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

Colfax wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Mine goes up to 1600 and it works perfect.  I play at 400 dpi.  Which is its lowest setting.  They aren't that expensive.
Thank God for the G5.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6466|Life in a vacuum sucks
2142 APC wow wow wow

BF2 APC ok
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6547|Doncaster, UK

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Colfax wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Thank God for the G5.
Amen brother.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6697|UK
Switch to 2nd position and fire the big blue ball things, they do damage, i dont think that apc v apc will be an aspect of 2142
Stags
+26|6657
I ram.  Just because its fun at times.

The APC is designed to carry troops to the front.  The troops fight while the APC proves a mobile spawn point and support fire.  You use Tanks and Mechs as your main front line vehicles.  The buggies are now recon and quick reaction (seriously with that boost, I'm loving it).

Only, thing I'd like to see changed is getting rid of the stupid Halo Tap.  I ran into the side of a parked car and died.  WTF?

Anyways, key advise on the APCs is it isn't BF2 so don't use it like an APC from BF2.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
I did a test. The APCs have REALLY good armour in the their front. 5 tank shells to the front untill it blows up. So always shoot APCs in the wheels or back. APCs are not really meant to fight other armor, they are built to run away from armour and clear light infantry.
Stags
+26|6657
Hmm... could that be why ramming worked the extra armor?   j/k it really doesn't work its just fun and annoys the other driver.

I've been called a coward for running (my friends who play with me) then I laugh when they get blown up while using the APC.  I rather run and keep my squad alive, move them around the flank EMP the bastard tank and have my ATE (Anti-Tank Engineer) blow it up.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Teamwork in nonexistant you say? Wish it was, I was messing about in a battle walker this afternoon and wasn't I in for a surprise.

Two tanks and an APC travelling together. I managed to take down one of the tanks then I got EMP spammed until the other tank got me.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

Colfax wrote:

APC vs APC solution

Exactly.  Be engineer, EMP the APC, jump out and AT the enemy APC.  And yes, the hover tank owns infantry.  Splash damage away.  Keep drifting to avoid AT.  Shield up if you can't avoid the shots.  The Tiger tank is only good for ranged combat.

The APC would be better if they hovered, though.  And it should be a bit smaller too.  It's great hauling ass in open areas, but horrible in tight spots.

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-10-16 17:29:28)

he_who_says_zonk
+17|6722

Colfax wrote:

APC vs APC solution

That completely defeats the PURPOSE of the APC which is to protect infantry from combat until they can be delivered into CQC with other infantry! It would definitely work in the same way that nadespam can destroy tanks if you have enough OH TEAMWORK OH GOD YES TEAMWORK, but it doesn't make it a good tactic, nor does it make the game well-designed for giving you that option. IRL no army sends infantry against armour as a first-resort, most of the time they won't even send armour against armour, why would this change in the future? Because muzzle flash is blue? APCs today have guided AT missiles that can destroy armour from kilometers away, apparently in the future they took steroids and as a result they're beefy-looking and completely lack balls!
Cerberus666
+4|6555
Well in fairness to the guys at EA, APC stands for armoured personel CARRIER. Its not made for a fight, thats down to the mechs.  The APC in 2142 was only really designed to launch guys onto titans and transport your squad around quickly...if you want a battle get in a tank next time...
jordanmillward_1
+11|6405

Havazn wrote:

With the introduction of Mechs, the tanks in 2142 essentially become the APCs of BF2. APC stands for Armoured Personnel Carrier. It is not designed to stand toe to toe with a tank in real life. I believe they were misrepresented in BF2. No one used the to transport troops into a fight. Although 2142 is in the future, these machines are portrayed more accurately as an APC. A support tool, not a front line behemoth.
QFE

+1 to you, good sir. You talk sense, unlike some people here.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6818|Belgium
I really don't get what the fuss is all about?
It's like a lot of people are saying: APC = Armored Personnel Carrier..
It's only supposed to be a meaning of transport for troops and be able to defend the troops inside.
I mean, I don't see anyone whining that the Troop Transporter 'Choppers' should have Hellfire missiles or whatever other weapon that could inflict serious damage to other vehicles.. They also have nothing more than 2 turrets, and yet, no one moans about that?
Besides, I think that the APC is a powerfully anti-personnel vehicle.. And it has the EMP so it can run from enemy tanks/walkers or assist an allied tank/walker with killing an enemy vehicle.. And it also has that FLAK-alike cannon that can inflict damage on low-armored vehicles..
Besides in BF2 for Armor you had the APC and the Tank..
in BF2142 you for Armor you have the APC, the Tank and the Mech.. So no need for complaining..

My conclusion: The APC in BF2 was basically 80% Armored Tank / 20% Personnel Carrier
This APC is 90% Armored Personnel Carrier / 10% The Death Of Many Infantry
manitobapaintballa
+32|6620

Greenspan wrote:

lol in BF2 you can't even get a gunner to jump in a helo with you and easily own the other team. There's NO WAY your going to get someone to jump in that shitty APC with you.

2142 APC = BF2 Vodnik
the 2142 apc rock they aren't shitty just cause you can hit someone don't mean they suck
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6684|UK
Yeah, the APCs in 2142 are essentially for troop transport, big f*ck off armored hunks on metal that can run from other armor and shite all over infantry, unlike those in BF2 which are more light assault that can carry troops as an extra.
My 2 cents
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6538|Las Vegas

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Delphy wrote:

I grasp the concept, idiot, it just doesn't happen very often.
And calling someone an idiot just because you can't think of a useful comment is a good indication of your character. Ask yourself a question, when your squad doesn't perform who has failed? Do you consider the be all and end all of being a squad leader to be a spawn point and hitting PG UP whenever the commander gives you an order?
Amen! +1

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard