Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6635|Camp XRay

so i am guessing noon tomorrow is when we will finally be able to install it. sucks
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Preatorion
+2|6503|St. Louis, MO.

Flecco wrote:

Lucky dudes who pre-ordered.
My room mate went to EBgames and picked up a  copy off the shelf.

Last edited by Preatorion (2006-10-17 19:41:00)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6780|Human Meat Shield
Where are you guys seeing this "Time to download" on EA downloader???  Mine doesnt say that, but when I click the 2142 game it asks for a CD, wonder if Im supposed to wait for a cd-key.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6706|The Ville

Kmarion wrote:

No stores have it out till tomorrow.... the guys playing had it preordered and it arrived today.
I'm going to check walmart at 1am. figured why not I did that for a movie ounce and got the movie a day before it came out. it might work with 2142.
Volatile
+252|6716|Sextupling in Empire

Obiwan wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

No stores have it out till tomorrow.... the guys playing had it preordered and it arrived today.
I'm going to check walmart at 1am. figured why not I did that for a movie ounce and got the movie a day before it came out. it might work with 2142.
You do have to admit there are some positive aspects to walmart. Thats what I would be doing if the game wasn't already on my pc waiting to be unlocked.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6706|The Ville
yup, I just wanted the box set. I hate ea dowloader it is a big piece of poop. at least in my opinion. I'm just going to use it for patches and vid trailers. I am  going to laugh my ass off if people are camping for it though lol.
Ferret
+1|6435
LMAO me and my two friends all got it and loaded it yesterday.

I am so glad I let gamestop use an unlock to bribe us into buying it there :-)

Last edited by Ferret (2006-10-18 06:29:13)

DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6558|Doncaster, UK
Is there any reason why we can't out our clocks forward a bit and get the countdown to hit zero early?
Angel.C-sq
+24|6700|Computer Chair
Ea didnt allow me to buy it useing the downloader, now I got it sooner. LOL

(Windows XP Pro 64 bit isnt supported)
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6602|Your attic

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Is there any reason why we can't out our clocks forward a bit and get the countdown to hit zero early?
It won't work right now, but I'll get back to you in a few hours.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6558|Doncaster, UK

Towelly wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Cool. Let me know if it works.
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6628|UCF
Didn't EA only charge $30 for the downloader version, whereas in stores cost $40 minimum and $50 average? And those who already possess 2142 live close to a distribution zone, but gamespot are Guaranteed to have it by 11am The Day After It's Shipped. Best Buy and Circuit City takes 2 days to ship, hence why in the sales papers the release date is always Saturday or Thursday.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6558|Doncaster, UK
I do believe BF2142 was $50 on the downloader, and £30. The price paid was either the same as or more than people who have pre-ordered through a retailer. The whole thing jsut doesn't make sense.

People like myself with EAD have had the game sitting on their HDDs for a week awaiting an unlock which EA could release whenever they want. In EA's position you would think that to keep their customer base happy they would realise people have the game earlier than expected and release the EAD unlock. What would it hurt?
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6602|Your attic

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

I do believe BF2142 was $50 on the downloader, and £30. The price paid was either the same as or more than people who have pre-ordered through a retailer. The whole thing jsut doesn't make sense.

People like myself with EAD have had the game sitting on their HDDs for a week awaiting an unlock which EA could release whenever they want. In EA's position you would think that to keep their customer base happy they would realise people have the game earlier than expected and release the EAD unlock. What would it hurt?
You'd think wouldn't you.
Preatorion
+2|6503|St. Louis, MO.
EA cant even respond to this on their own forums.
[RSN]FSK.nor
+16|6680
We with EA Downloader can install the Retail Image with the serial found in the EA Downloader folder, but someone with the DVD should make Mini-Image (http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54305) so we could play NOW.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6558|Doncaster, UK
I can't say that I'm surprised.

I remember signing up for the "won't whine about EA" pact but there's only so far a person can be pushed. I mean FFS, it's not like we're waiting for delivery of the game. We have it already, just let us unlock it.

I'd be very surprised if EA are not liable for action having advertised the EA downloader version as "be first on the battlefield".
Buffnuggles
+11|6744|The Hague, Netherlands
Here in Holland you can buy the retail version in the shops all ready for 47,50 euro.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6841
In the UK the shops should have it on friday morning and the downloader is set to unlock the game at 00:00 on friday morning. Obviously in order to have it on the shelves on friday morning the stores will get it before then. They can then start to sell them early, but EA would be quite within their rights to fine them for doing this. If the shop (or delivery company like play.com) think the fine will be less than the extra money they'll get from early release they'll release it early.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6721

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Towelly wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Cool. Let me know if it works.
The EULA says not to try that and if you do more than twice you will be banned from useing EADownloader to get the game.
Riddick51PB
+21|6520|Lincoln.ne.us
Nice job screwing up that EAD.  That's officially the last time I pre-purchase a product on EAD.

gg money
JaMrulezass
+47|6476|Hong Kong
I really dont understand why Steam does such a good job and EA a shitty one. Steam has nearly nil flaws and delays and shit. STEAM FTW

Not to mention that you dont have to "wait" unncesscarily and that the download speeds are like light speed  compared to EA.

Last edited by JaMrulezass (2006-10-18 08:03:31)

SchmilK
+4|6656

MURcarnage wrote:

So, what have we all learned from this experience?

EA Downloader: Bad
Buying retail: Good

Let's hope you don't make the mistake next time EA says to buy their stuff and get it via EA Downloader.
Should be
EA Downloader: Bad
Buying from Gamestop: Good

Seeing as how everyone who preordered from gamestop got it a day early  ;-)  Lucky them

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard