I have:

Intel Pentium D101GGC

Pentium 4 540 LGA775 3.2

Serial ATA Western Digital 74 Gig. Raptor 10,000 RPM

XFX Geforce 6800 Extreme Pci Express

2 Gigs Ram

500W Power Supply

Windows XP Professional

For some reason, after ALL Windows and Hardware updates I play Battlefield 2 for anywhere between 10 minutes and 1 hour and it crashes to the desktop with no warning or errors.  I have the latest 1.4 patch provided by EA/dice.  I don’t know what else to do.  There’s a couple of ideas on various web sites from people with this same problem such as, leaving the side of my case off or test my memory, or turning off a setting in control panel/system so my computer doesn’t reboot on errors, or upgrading punkbuster.  All of which I have tried and failed.  I’ve also increased my graphics aperture from 64megs to 256 megs.  I am now frustrated and my last option is to stop playing this game.  I don’t want to because I really enjoy it.  Could you please please please help me.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6660|UK
when was the last time you did a complete bf2 restall, if a while ago and you can handle the gimp telling you what to do all the time for a week or so i suggest remove all, and reinstall in safe mode, including patches, make sure you use the full patch not inc as i have found them to suck, this takes a little while to do but i found it to be worth the while, dont forget to remove all from registery as this will screw up the re-stall, there is a great programe for removing unwanted files and un-used data from your pc you can get it at www.filehippo.com and look for the prg called Cc-cleaner i swear by it and it free, with no ad ware or viruses... dont worry you wont loose your stats or shit as ea has them on there data base just make sure you can remember your account details and password b4 you do this as this could cause you un-wanted hassle....... good luck
w0ls0n
+16|6551|Maine
This is a fresh install of Windows XP as of this morning. We just put in the Harde Drive today 10/18/06
Disabl3d
+11|6409|Chicago
Maybe your missing drivers? Thats the only thing I can think of.

Last edited by Disabl3d (2006-10-17 20:48:30)

SargeX_au
+29|6757
Have u run memtest86 for a couple of days to test for errors?
cabracke
+5|6637|Germany

SargeX_au wrote:

Have u run memtest86 for a couple of days to test for errors?
How could he have, he just installed the system...

Did you overclock your system? If I do, my BF2 does the exact same thing, CTDs just in the middle of the game. So try setting your BIOS to less aggressive timing values.

Have you installed the latest motherboard drivers (chipset, net, sound)?

Which graphic driver are you running? Certified NVidia or others? If so, try running NVidias 91.47 WHQL drivers.
alpinestar
+304|6600|New York City baby.
Call EA they will... tell you nothing lol.
seriously maybe you have maxed everything out ?
w0ls0n
+16|6551|Maine
Hi,

Just ran memtest86 for about 5-6 hoursd and came back and had a LOT of red errors. Have determined that one stick was bad. Guess I'll have to return the 2 I got and RMA them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard