Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6752|Singapore
Well so anyone thinks that this removals in the upcoming patch destroys the game?
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6776|06-01
Unless you my friend are a dolphin diving, bunny hopping tool then i would think that the removal of such functions would greatly IMPROVE the game. 'nuff said.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6752|Singapore
Well some peeps at node forum are against it:P saying its making the game too realistic
Snakestyles
+17|6755|South Africa
they suck!
roger smith
+3|6784
its not a matter of realism so much as a matter of gameplay.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6776|06-01
its my guess that i think they are afraid that their stats will go to shit as they dont know how to play any other way and get the shit whacked out of them by regular players..........
Galen1066
+1|6778|Colo. Springs
I think it would greatly IMPROVE the game, and piss-off a few people w/o skills so i say to hell with them bring on the improvements
AFlyingNun
+0|6738
I'm fine with or without it, I don't use it and whenever I see someone that does I kill them every other time. I do think it's sad though, because obviously they're taking it out because some pussies whined that they couldn't handle fighting it. Obviously, EVERYONE knows that when you can't stop something the first few tries, the only logical solution is to whine and bitch at your parents or someone with power over it, not to try to train against the problem and better your skills. Not winning against someone? Well, you better log off or accuse them of cheating, because that's obviously the way to totally own someone and teach them a lesson. "YA BITCH, THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR PROVING YOUR SKILLS SURPASS MINE AND THAT YOU CAN KICK MY ASS ANYDAY OF THE WEEK!! >:0"
Deedubya
+-2|6820|The Seventh Circle of Hell
It's about time...I played against a dolphin-diver the other night...GrimRinger was his name. He killed me ONCE, being a diving FAG. I told him he as a piece of shit, no skill having fag tard cumstain, but he just laughed....so I just killed him with whatever vehicle I could whenever I came across him for the next two rounds. I say fuck their no-skill having sorry asses.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6739
Bunny hopping is the greatest skill you can have in most FPS.

That they maybe gonna remove it just shows how many whiners are playing this game.
AFlyingNun
+0|6738

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

That they maybe gonna remove it just shows how many whiners are playing this game.
Exactly. People don't realize that maybe, just maybe, hitting 5 different buttons rapidly in order WHILE AIMING at someone WHILE YOU'RE CONSTANTLY MOVING COULD be more complicated than laying down and shooting at a prone target. I've never tried bunny hopping, but I can imagine it could take some getting used to. Besides, what kind of whiny fucknut calls something they've never tried, (not to mention something they often lose to) unskilled??

It also limits your class options. Hell, I play as support, and hitting a target with an LMG while your moving can be impossible sometimes.

Last edited by AFlyingNun (2005-12-14 03:30:31)

AFlyingNun
+0|6738

Deedubya wrote:

It's about time...I played against a dolphin-diver the other night...GrimRinger was his name. He killed me ONCE, being a diving FAG. I told him he as a piece of shit, no skill having fag tard cumstain, but he just laughed....so I just killed him with whatever vehicle I could whenever I came across him for the next two rounds. I say fuck their no-skill having sorry asses.
Wow, how brave of you to rush to the safety of a vehicle rather than facing him and killing him head to head.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6810|Jupiter
Yes, well if they get rid of jumping and diving crap then it will make the game much more realistic and better, it would then be wiser to squad help, watch all sides, have teammates help you!, instead of running like wild fire into a firefight jumping like mad. all said, get rid of bunny hopping.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6739
Well i'm mostly using the hopping for fast moving from point a to b. For shooting at someone at medium distances i lay down and aim instead of jumping around. It's really hard to hit anything when you're hopping.

I think the system they got now is quite balanced, i hope they don't fuck up another aspect of the game
RKF77
+1|6769

AFlyingNun wrote:

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

Exactly. People don't realize that maybe, just maybe, hitting 5 different buttons rapidly in order WHILE AIMING at someone WHILE YOU'RE CONSTANTLY MOVING COULD be more complicated than laying down and shooting at a prone target. I've never tried bunny hopping, but I can imagine it could take some getting used to.
When exactly did overall gameplay take a back seat to twitch reaction skills?

If what you say is true, then these bunnyhoppers and dolphin divers are uber-skilled |33t g4m3r5 omg wtf lollerskates h4x0rz, and will have no problem at all improvising, adapting, and overcoming this awful, horrible new turn of events...right?

So what's the problem?

AFlyingNun wrote:

Besides, what kind of whiny fucknut calls something they've never tried, (not to mention something they often lose to) unskilled??
The same kind of whiny fucknut that vehemently defends something he's admittedly never tried before by calling other people with differing opinions whiny fucknuts.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6762|Malaga, EspaƱa
i think the Noob tubers will going to start whining

Fuck'em right?
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6739
So what's the problem?
Hopping around is fun. And i don't like to get my fun cutted because of some people that bitch about everything they're not able to do theirselves.

Cutting bunnyhopping out of bf2 is the same as cutting it out of games like UT. Can anyone imagine that? Bf2 is not AA. It's more like UT with vehicles.
Snakestyles
+17|6755|South Africa

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

Oh please we are not talking natural-selection here, its bf2. Has no purpose and it is just stupid.Oh and yes u can still jump around to get from point a-b just not shoot when in mid air.

Last edited by Snakestyles (2005-12-14 04:05:22)

RKF77
+1|6769

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

Hopping around is fun. And i don't like to get my fun cutted because of some people that bitch about everything they're not able to do theirselves.
"Not able to do it theirselves" (sic) ??  Riiiiiight.

Anyone can repeatedly press the space bar...it's not like there's a huge accuracy penalty for firing while doing it.  Face it, it's not some hardcore skill possessed by the only the top-notch gamers in the world.   You can claim it is because you love to do it, but it doesn't make it true.

Hell, you still can hop around...you've just gotta shoot when you're on the ground. 

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

Cutting bunnyhopping out of bf2 is the same as cutting it out of games like UT. Can anyone imagine that? Bf2 is not AA.
Well, you can still go hop around the map in UT, then...but post-patch, if you play BF2, it looks like you'll have to adapt your playing style.  Shit happens...we all can't have the game we want.

That will be the real test for your gaming skill...if you can adapt your playing style.

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

It's more like UT with vehicles.
That's the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. 
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6739
Anyone can repeatedly press the space bar...it's not like there's a huge accuracy penalty for firing while doing it.  Face it, it's not some hardcore skill possessed by the only the top-notch gamers in the world.   You can claim it is because you love to do it, but it doesn't make it true.
I've never claimed it is some kind of "hardcore-skill". But why would anyone bitch about it when he would be able to either do it himself or counter it by good aiming? Unless he's a hardcore realism freak i don't see any point here. And then bf2 is surely not the right game for him.

Well, you can still go hop around the map in UT, then...but post-patch, if you play BF2, it looks like you'll have to adapt your playing style.  Shit happens...we all can't have the game we want.

That will be the real test for your gaming skill...if you can adapt your playing style.
I'm gonna need to, right?

However, i still don't see why hopping will eventually be cutted. I have no problem with killing hoppers and i neither have the best aiming nor the best ping in the world. IMO it's pretty balanced.

That's the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. 
Actually i think that's pretty much the way it is
RKF77
+1|6769

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

However, i still don't see why hopping will eventually be cutted. I have no problem with killing hoppers and i neither have the best aiming nor the best ping in the world. IMO it's pretty balanced.
Of course you do...you're a bunnyhopper. 

Whether it's a "hardcore" realism thing or not, BF2 models modern combat, not make-believe rail guns and plasma guns and shit like in UT.  No, BF2 is not the most realistic FPS out there, and it's not supposed to be...but hopping around firing a weapon for hours on end is simply something you won't see in modern combat.

What they've done is their best in trying to balance gameplay with realism.  Eliminating the ability to unrealistically jump around while firing accurately is simply a no-brainer.

I would have rather seen them add a massive accuracy penalty than completely take away the ability to shoot while jumping, just to appease everyone, but like I said...shit happens 

You're a good player, you'll still do just fine.
AFlyingNun
+0|6738

RKF77 wrote:

AFlyingNun wrote:

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

Exactly. People don't realize that maybe, just maybe, hitting 5 different buttons rapidly in order WHILE AIMING at someone WHILE YOU'RE CONSTANTLY MOVING COULD be more complicated than laying down and shooting at a prone target. I've never tried bunny hopping, but I can imagine it could take some getting used to.
When exactly did overall gameplay take a back seat to twitch reaction skills?

If what you say is true, then these bunnyhoppers and dolphin divers are uber-skilled |33t g4m3r5 omg wtf lollerskates h4x0rz, and will have no problem at all improvising, adapting, and overcoming this awful, horrible new turn of events...right?

So what's the problem?

AFlyingNun wrote:

Besides, what kind of whiny fucknut calls something they've never tried, (not to mention something they often lose to) unskilled??
The same kind of whiny fucknut that vehemently defends something he's admittedly never tried before by calling other people with differing opinions whiny fucknuts.
For your first response:

Why should they pay and have to re-adapt, just because you can't adapt to them??

And for the second part:

Rather than randomly spewing the word "fuck" at me, why not try to PROVE to me that you're glad they're getting rid of bunny-hopping for some other reason besides you can't handle them?
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6739

RKF77 wrote:

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

Of course you do...you're a bunnyhopper. 
Hehe well i found that the best way to kill a hopper is to lay prone and aim at his chest. No bunny hopping needed

Oh and yes u can still jump around to get from point a-b just not shoot when in mid air.
I just read that. I thought they were going to modify the stamina bar or something what makes the jumping impossible. But now i'm happy
divided
Clear!
+3|6791
I bunnyhop when I'm travelling around the map on foot and I bunnyhop when I'm trying to evade fire.  I don't bunnyhop when I'm trying to kill people, but I fully support it.  I don't care if it's realistic or not.
AFlyingNun
+0|6738
The main reason I support them keeping bunnyhoppers, is because people are whining because they can't defeat them. How does outlawing tough opponents make anyone better?  Besides, where does it go from here? Next, I see noob tubes going, then C4 throwing, then tanks being weakened so they can't survive a single anti-tank missle. Noob tubing is the benefit of playing assault (though the people that will miss, then turn a corner and reload rather than using their gun sicken me), C4 throwing is skill, and tanks surviving more than one anti-tank missle is what makes them useable/desirable. BUT HELL, IF THEY MAKE LITTLE TIMMY CRY I GUESS WE BETTER TAKE THEM OUT TOO!!

Hell, if no one had a problem with bunnyhopping, and EA removed it for some unknown reason, I'd have no complaints.

And what's really annoying, anyone seen the way they're curing bunnyhopping? You can't shoot when you're jumping. Ingenius. I don't bunny hop and this even affects me. If I had a quarter everytime I had to quickly jump pass a point, and throw a grenade mid-jump...Not to mention I'll jump while throwing grenades to add distance or land on on a building.

Last edited by AFlyingNun (2005-12-14 04:40:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard