Yes - all transport with guns10%10% - 26
No its fine as it is.29%29% - 75
Whats IO mode?2%2% - 6
Total: 255
l41e
+677|6647

Original argument: "zomg i'm impatient"
Counter-argument: "ZOMG WHINY N00bZ I R 1337 ZOMGNUB"

Please. If you're going to say something that the other 18000 people on here have already said 15 times, except with a bunch of curse words thrown in to make you feel 1337...don't. Log off, disconnect your intranets cable, go outside, grow up, and then come back.
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

bicycles
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6654
I say no...you really shouldn't need them.  Bottom line is if you put any vehicle in there people are going to whore them just like on normal game servers.  Whether it's running people down or using the guns (if the vehicles still have them).

Regardless, every IO server I've played on, which isn't many, the endurance for running has always been boosted by at least double so you can still get from one flag to the next in a reasonable amount of time.
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6654

DrunkFace wrote:

Fine as it is, All you infantry only fags can suffer the consequences of having to run every where, Why the fuck would you buy BF2 if you didn't want vehicles?? you got what you wanted and you don't like it now.. Fuck!! maybe find a game which you like on release instead of changing what was a unique game.
Don't give me this BS about choice, I think you know my choice and I know you'll never be happy until there's nothing on a map which can kill you.
Another moron that has decided there is only one way to play BF2.  Not everyone bought the game for the vehicles.  This game has too many dimentions to fit into one server.  If you want to ground pound without dieing every five seconds it's just more fun to do it where everyone is ground pounding.  It's not about which server will I die less on, it's about which server offers me an even playing field instead of an APC every time I turn a corner, or a jet constantly bombing.  Me personally, I do both...with an emphasis towards the vehicles.

I actually prefer choppers or jets, but it's pretty damned satisfying to kill someone one on one when the playing field is totally even.  And how is IO changing the game...that is, how the hell does it affect YOU?  If you don't like it than don't play it, and if you're not playing it than why did you even post?  This thread isn't about whether or not IO should be available, it's about specific details of IO servers.  Don't play, and don't read the threads related to IO.  As this thread says in the title that it is about IO, why would you even look at it, let alone waste the time to post about it?
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6611|balls
need it for jalalabad when everybody is just sniping at the usmc spawns instead of trying to figure a way to get a cap.  thats the only map i play were you would need it, maybe sharqi, but i've never played i/o on it.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6672|Houston, Texas

i3igpete wrote:

yeah... jalalabad sucks when you jog for a half mile only to be hit by sniper fire.  there's no cover in the desert.
How about 64 player IO Iron Gator. Poor mec.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6749|the middle of nowhere
No. The transports would become J-10's and all the n00bs would flock to them and camp them in the turrets to get 39359301257 points.
Edit: Except for maps such as Iron Gator and Wake Island in wich you need transports to get to land.

Last edited by Darkhelmet (2006-10-16 20:29:32)

Sa¢ripan
+12|6738|St-Dié/ Lorraine/ France
Just this :

https://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7083/mecbiker1ht.jpg
pwned7
+53|6577

DrunkFace wrote:

pwned7 wrote:

infantry only is fine as it is

DrunkFace wrote:

All you infantry only fags can suffer the consequences of having to run every where, Why the fuck would you buy BF2 if you didn't want vehicles??
some ppl are sick of tanks, choppers, jets, etc (such as myself). I'm a sniper, which means that there is no use for me to play on servers with tanks, choppers and jets. i rekn infantry only is awesome as its based on kits only and not getting randomely killed by tanks, artillery, and all the other bs.

i think IO has also improved the "squad work" idea. bf2 is cool with vehicles, but sometimes u want abit of a  change.
Errrr can you read?
If you don't like vehicles why the fuck did you buy or play BF2? One of the rare FPS with vehicles, there's 100's of FPS out there with no vehicles which you could have bought. "and all the other bs" is what BF2 is, its what makes it unique. I bet most if the people wanting IO didn't play 1942 or Vietnam but came from CS, UT and Quake FPS type games. All good games but a different style to BF2, so stop trying to make them the same.

As for the teamwork thing... It encourages medic whores, but thats not real teamwork. Teamwork is the ability to never be "randomely killed by tanks", because you have a decent commander who spots them and a decent squad who can take them out. For planes and choppers its spotting them and having a pilot who's not too much of a whore bombing infantry to come and attack them, either destroying them or at least occupying there attention away from you.
like i said. i bought bf2 for the vehicles and all, but after a while u get sick of the whores getting into them (maybe suuch as urself ) and u just tend to lean towards an IO server, for this very reason. i stick to IO  servers also because i lag with vehicles and arty...

btw well said MastersMom drunkface u shouldn't get pissed just cause some want to play IO dude... u can stick to ur tanks and jets. some ppl may want to take abit more of a challenge

Last edited by pwned7 (2006-10-18 03:01:02)

gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6671|The Real World

Disodium wrote:

No vehicles are needed other then what there is....

Smart squad leaders eliminate the need for vehicles in Infantry Only mode...
By that i mean.. a rambo squad leader that runs head first into battle will get smack thus needing him self + his whole squad to respawn else where..

A squad leader that hangs back.. covers and supports his squad will lives longer so his squaddies can respawn on him.
Sure as squad leader you wont get as much score.. but if you are squading with mates you can take turns being a mobile spawn point.
And no you dont have to hang under a log hiding away camping you can go into battle with your squad but always ensure theres a way you can run to hide for you mates to respawn if the shit hits the fan.
What he said
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6579|England

R3v0LuT!oN wrote:

[mcp]eltorrente wrote:

No because jackasses would drive around doing nothing but looking for roadkill.  Nothing wrong with roadkill, but it would get annoying very quickly on an IO server.
BUT...it would make that Anti-Tank kit useful in IO for once...
if you cant use the anti-tank in IO you fail nothing like taking somebody out with the sraw

but your right they should have

normal bf2

vechile lite bf2 (being the jeeps/vodniks and other small vechiles without weapons and no tanks/helo's)

IO bf2

all this whine about a online game imho is just sad , just play it have fun and if you dont injoy it play something else .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard