arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6706|Colorado Springs, CO

Bubbalo wrote:

Kind of a different place when you found them.  Plus, funnily enough, people can't just jump right back to where they were after being away for 4 years.  Crazy, I know.
Ummm... actually it hasnt really changed much. I have been in Afghanistan or Iraq every year since 2002 and its always sucked balls. So whenever they decided to go to either Afgahnistan or Iraq it already sucked so going back would still suck, hence being the same.
h_w_s_b
+6|6443

arabeater wrote:

Well thats where they were when we found them so they must have had some desire to be there in the first place.
so let me get this straight. we're releasing all the innocent ones, after they were deemed innocent by tribunal (NOT by trial). so now, after five years of them being innocent, we're releasing them to allied countries only, and we also expect those allied countries to keep tabs on them? even though their 'innocent'?

let's face it.. we have no intention of doing anyone any justice. the innocent people at guantanamo have been wrongly imprisoned for a number of years, and upon exiting find that their captors have not only wronged them consistantly, but also destroyed their homes. wouldn't YOU be a little pissed at the people who did this to you?
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6721|Mountains of West Virginia

h_w_s_b wrote:

let's face it.. we have no intention of doing anyone any justice. the innocent people at guantanamo have been wrongly imprisoned for a number of years, and upon exiting find that their captors have not only wronged them consistantly, but also destroyed their homes. wouldn't YOU be a little pissed at the people who did this to you?
+1
arabeater

h_w_s_b wrote:

arabeater wrote:

Well thats where they were when we found them so they must have had some desire to be there in the first place.
so let me get this straight. we're releasing all the innocent ones, after they were deemed innocent by tribunal (NOT by trial). so now, after five years of them being innocent, we're releasing them to allied countries only, and we also expect those allied countries to keep tabs on them? even though their 'innocent'?

I agree. I would be pissed. Its not fair but war isnt fair. Shit happens and they just happened to be the unlucky ones. I think we should give them some sort of reparations or something to help them get by if they really are innocent.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6581

RedTwizzler wrote:

arabeater wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Slave labour in a Gulag in the Nevada desert.
As tempting as that sounds I dont think thats possible. Besides I really dont think they would be too safe in the US. You know them being accused of being Al Qaeda and all!
Yeah, for fuck's sake cameron. You know the huge threat posed by an improperly held Iraqi civilian who's had no trial.
LOL +1
h_w_s_b
+6|6443

arabeater wrote:

I agree. I would be pissed. Its not fair but war isnt fair. Shit happens and they just happened to be the unlucky ones. I think we should give them some sort of reparations or something to help them get by if they really are innocent.
indeed, war is not fair.. i suppose it's a good thing that we're the mightiest military power on the face of the planet, or we might be hearing "war isn't fair" from the forces that are taking our brothers and sisters to undisclosed locations for indiscriminate periods of time because they're "terrorists".

somehow i doubt any sort of reparations can atone for the things that are being carried out in our (somewhat) good names.
arabeater

h_w_s_b wrote:

arabeater wrote:

indeed, war is not fair.. i suppose it's a good thing that we're the mightiest military power on the face of the planet, or we might be hearing "war isn't fair" from the forces that are taking our brothers and sisters to undisclosed locations for indiscriminate periods of time because they're "terrorists".

somehow i doubt any sort of reparations can atone for the things that are being carried out in our (somewhat) good names.
Agreed. I highly doubt we will pay them back in any way at all, but I guess at least they can be thankful to be freed. I know I would be happy. Hell I was happy when my Survival Training was over after just 2 weeks of being locked in a POW camp.
h_w_s_b
+6|6443

arabeater wrote:

Agreed. I highly doubt we will pay them back in any way at all, but I guess at least they can be thankful to be freed. I know I would be happy. Hell I was happy when my Survival Training was over after just 2 weeks of being locked in a POW camp.
happy at being released from the indiscriminate prison that they were forcibly taken to and subjected to god knows what? yes, they are likely happy to be free of that. if they had willingly signed up for gitmo, like you did with your training, then it might be a different story.

let's just hope that their families are willing to forgive.

and sorry for getting off-topic.
arabeater

h_w_s_b wrote:

arabeater wrote:

happy at being released from the indiscriminate prison that they were forcibly taken to and subjected to god knows what? yes, they are likely happy to be free of that. if they had willingly signed up for gitmo, like you did with your training, then it might be a different story.

let's just hope that their families are willing to forgive.

and sorry for getting off-topic.
I didnt sign up for it, the Air Force said you go here and you will like it. I didnt like it. I doubt their families will forgive taking away their loved one for 4 years.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6675

arabeater wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Well the Australian Citizens want David Hicks to come back to Australia.

However the government is just a series of yes men to America and we've "been assured" that he'll get a fair trial.

Hate Phillip Ruddock, worst person alive. He dares to say "sleep deprivation isn't torture" while wearing an Amnesty International badge.
Yea I'm saying all countries are being dumb but most are. About the sleep deprevation thing, I went through the Air Force Survival Training and experianced alot of torture situations. Such as beatings, being locked in a very small cage for days, sleep deprevation and being starved. I have to say the hardest was sleep deprevation because I became physically sick and started to go a little nuts.
Just curious, how do they keep you awake? After a certain point, surely you are so tired that you fall asleep, not matter what they keep doing to you (within reason)?
arabeater

ghettoperson wrote:

arabeater wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Well the Australian Citizens want David Hicks to come back to Australia.

However the government is just a series of yes men to America and we've "been assured" that he'll get a fair trial.

Hate Phillip Ruddock, worst person alive. He dares to say "sleep deprivation isn't torture" while wearing an Amnesty International badge.
Yea I'm saying all countries are being dumb but most are. About the sleep deprevation thing, I went through the Air Force Survival Training and experianced alot of torture situations. Such as beatings, being locked in a very small cage for days, sleep deprevation and being starved. I have to say the hardest was sleep deprevation because I became physically sick and started to go a little nuts.
Just curious, how do they keep you awake? After a certain point, surely you are so tired that you fall asleep, not matter what they keep doing to you (within reason)?
I fell asleep alot but for only like 2 minutes before they had spotlights on you, beating you, dumping water on you, interrorgating you and making you do forced labor.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6798|PNW

The only place in the US these people would be safe is the deepest, darkest reaches of liberal San Francisco in an armored condo.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-10-17 07:51:43)

aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6818

Bubbalo wrote:

England are supporters, at least in theory, of Guantanamo Bay.
Are you sure about that? 

Margaret Beckett, Foreign Secretary wrote:

"The continuing detention without fair trial of prisoners is unacceptable in terms of human rights, but it is also ineffective in terms of counter-terrorism."

Lord Falconer, Lord Chancellor speaking about Guantanamo Bay wrote:

"shocking affront to the principles of democracy" and the US are "deliberately seeking to put detainees beyond the rule of law in Guantanamo Bay".

Lord Goldsmith, Attorney General wrote:

"The existence of Guantanamo remains unacceptable."

"It is time, in my view, that it should close. Not only would it, in my personal opinion, be right to close Guantanamo as a matter of principle, I believe it would also help to remove what has become a symbol to many - right or wrong - of injustice.

"The historic tradition of the United States as a beacon of freedom, liberty and of justice deserves the removal of this symbol."
This doesn't sound like support to me.
arabeater

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The only place in the US these people would be safe is the deepest, darkest reaches of liberal San Francisco in an armored condo.
Exactly why we shouldnt keep them here.
bakarocket
+12|6574

arabeater wrote:

I didnt sign up for it, the Air Force said you go here and you will like it. I didnt like it. I doubt their families will forgive taking away their loved one for 4 years.
You signed up for the air force. BIG difference.

However, it's nice to see that some people really believe in repercussions for wrongs done. If these people are innocent, the only possible way to make them forgive the US is to build them new homes in safe areas of the countries they were ripped out of (and the innocents ones didn't WANT to be in war zones - most don't have much of a choice).

I wish this could happen, but obviously the only real solution - the one that can guarantee that the US will never have to worry about them going for revenge - is mass execution.

I'm very glad that the US isn't that kind of country yet, and I still have faith in them.
arabeater

bakarocket wrote:

arabeater wrote:

You signed up for the air force. BIG difference.

However, it's nice to see that some people really believe in repercussions for wrongs done. If these people are innocent, the only possible way to make them forgive the US is to build them new homes in safe areas of the countries they were ripped out of (and the innocents ones didn't WANT to be in war zones - most don't have much of a choice).

I wish this could happen, but obviously the only real solution - the one that can guarantee that the US will never have to worry about them going for revenge - is mass execution.

I'm very glad that the US isn't that kind of country yet, and I still have faith in them.
Yea that sounds like a great idea but dont count on it ever happening. We will probably just drop them all off at some train station in Baghdad with some cab money.
h_w_s_b
+6|6443

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

YEP. after all, being found 'innocent' by a tribunal (which you would be hard-pressed to call impartial) means nothing. what REALLY matters is that our obviously above-average-intelligence citizenry can make an informed decision and use a mob to apply that decision. oh wait, i'm just describing all the xenophobic redneck fucktards that would comprise this mob. hmmm......

would you be leading that mob, newbie?
h_w_s_b
+6|6443

arabeater wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

sadly, the only way this situation could possibly end without any horrible repercussions is if all of guantanamo, the people who administer it, and the people that are detained there, are covered by a mountain of sand and we never speak of it again. i don't think that's likely to happen.

however.... keeping them in guantanamo simply because we don't want to send them somewhere we don't approve of only exacerbates the situation. at the very least, we should send the innocent back to their families, and _profusely_ apologize.
arabeater

h_w_s_b wrote:

arabeater wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

sadly, the only way this situation could possibly end without any horrible repercussions is if all of guantanamo, the people who administer it, and the people that are detained there, are covered by a mountain of sand and we never speak of it again. i don't think that's likely to happen.

however.... keeping them in guantanamo simply because we don't want to send them somewhere we don't approve of only exacerbates the situation. at the very least, we should send the innocent back to their families, and _profusely_ apologize.
I still like the idea of just flying them on commercial planes to Europe with some cab money. LOL!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6798|PNW

h_w_s_b wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

YEP. after all, being found 'innocent' by a tribunal (which you would be hard-pressed to call impartial) means nothing. what REALLY matters is that our obviously above-average-intelligence citizenry can make an informed decision and use a mob to apply that decision. oh wait, i'm just describing all the xenophobic redneck fucktards that would comprise this mob. hmmm......

would you be leading that mob, newbie?
Where the fuck do you get off tossing around insults like that, peckerhead? Talk about a brainfart misunderstanding. I can say that a group of Arabs might throw rocks at an Israeli, but that doesn't mean I'll be at the fore hurling stones as well. Jesus H. Christ...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-10-17 08:51:06)

h_w_s_b
+6|6443

arabeater wrote:

I still like the idea of just flying them on commercial planes to Europe with some cab money. LOL!
if only, huh? it'd be nice if we could just forget about our problems like that..
h_w_s_b
+6|6443

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Where the fuck do you get off tossing around insults like that, peckerhead?
i don't 'get off' anywhere. if you want to call me a peckerhead, go nuts. just make sure you tell a mob of people that "he's a terr'ist!@#" so you can feel legitimate about it.

upon reading your edit....

oh, my mistake. you were only remarking that a mob of ignorant redneck assholes would kill arabs unless they lived in san francisco, but you wouldn't be a part of that mob. right? do i have it right? does that mean you live in san francisco?

listen... if you genuinely were saying that the retarded masses of our country would behave in such a manner, and you were LAMENTING it, then fine. you are right. however i took your post to mean that you would be a part of that mob if not the instigator.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6798|PNW

h_w_s_b wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Where the fuck do you get off tossing around insults like that, peckerhead?
i don't 'get off' anywhere. if you want to call me a peckerhead, go nuts. just make sure you tell a mob of people that "he's a terr'ist!@#" so you can feel legitimate about it.

upon reading your edit....

oh, my mistake. you were only remarking that a mob of ignorant redneck assholes would kill arabs unless they lived in san francisco, but you wouldn't be a part of that mob. right? do i have it right? does that mean you live in san francisco?

listen... if you genuinely were saying that the retarded masses of our country would behave in such a manner, and you were LAMENTING it, then fine. you are right. however i took your post to mean that you would be a part of that mob if not the instigator.
You're the reactionary genius who pictured me at the head of a 'mob of xenophobic redneck fucktards,' so I think I have reason to call you a peckerhead, insofar as your misunderstanding stands. I also didn't mean San Francisco in the literal sense (as in the only sanctuary), as there are plenty of other fairly liberal cities, but there are many places that would be even less welcoming of them than sex preds.

Guess I do too much reading for my own good. So much is lost in words on the internet.
arabeater

h_w_s_b wrote:

arabeater wrote:

if only, huh? it'd be nice if we could just forget about our problems like that..
Hey I'm sure we could cook something up. Just give Rumsfeld some time to think it over.
h_w_s_b
+6|6443

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

You're the reactionary genius who pictured me at the head of a 'mob of xenophobic redneck fucktards,' so I think I have reason to call you a peckerhead, insofar as your misunderstanding stands. I also didn't mean San Francisco in the literal sense (as in the only sanctuary), as there are plenty of other fairly liberal cities, but there are many places that would be even less welcoming of them than sex preds.
well.. i _did_ ask you at the end of my original post if you would be at the head of that mob, because i genuinely wasn't sure if you were asserting that or not. if you had said something like "my entire post is hyperbole" then maybe people wouldn't think

is exactly like it sounds.. a threat.

and i really don't want to get into a tit-for-tat with you. if you really were saying that this country is so ass-backwards that we would still take to mob violence simply based on race then just say it.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Guess I do too much reading for my own good. So much is lost in words on the internet.
comic books don't count. and next time please, so i don't misunderstand you, use /sarcasm tags or something..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard