Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. spy satellites have detected suspicious vehicle and people activity near the site of
North Korea's nuclear test that may signal preparations for another test, U.S. television networks reported on Monday.

U.S. officials said they could not be certain of what the North Koreans were doing in the area, but the activity there could be preparations for a second nuclear blast, NBC and ABC said.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&a … rth_dc_117
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6536|Global Command
I think that the most ominous sign is that China is constructing a fence at the border.

= bad sign.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS
I'm still wondering what South Korea is going to do about the thousands upon thousands of pieces of pre-positioned artillery, ready to pound the shit outta northern South Korea.

Last edited by Spark (2006-10-16 23:42:10)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

I'm still wondering what South Korea is going to do about the thousands upon thousands of pieces of pre-positioned artillery, ready to pound the shit outta northern South Korea.
The US forward submarine base in the Pacific is in Guam. There are currently 4 SSNs stationed there and will be 8 by the end of 2008 under current plans.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/coun … nia/gu.htm
For those not knowing where Guam is.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS
And can they prevent a full out artillery strike by the DPRK?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

Hey man I think your bold key is stuck. If they can't big brother to the north will.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
millhous
+39|6644|OREEGONE, USA
Guam is the shit.  If your planning a trip,  i recommend the G-Spot.  Good strip joint.
MorbidFetus
+76|6558|Ohio

Spark wrote:

Can the DPRK even launch a full out artillery strike? I'm willing to bet the vast majority (if not all) of the artillery pieces/shells are ancient, prolly rusted out or manned by ill-trained crews.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562
As I suspected, Kim Jung Il thought showing his might would alleviate his isolation in the international community (he sees the nukes as a bargaining chip) but with sanctions now enforced he has stated that the developments at the UN are 'an act of war'. The guy is not going to be able to be reasoned with. I say let them nuke (or attempt to nuke) South Korea so the rest of the world can have a pretext to turn every last square inch of North Korea into a charred mess. Problem over.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-17 04:28:37)

arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6688|Colorado Springs, CO

CameronPoe wrote:

As I suspected, Kim Jung Il thought showing his might would alleviate his isolation in the international community (he sees the nukes as a bargaining chip) but with sanctions now enforced he has stated that the developments at the UN are 'an act of war'. The guy is not going to be able to be reasoned with. I say let them nuke (or attempt to nuke) South Korea so the rest of the world can have a pretext to turn every last square inch of North Korea into a charred mess. Problem over.
WOW! For once I completely agree with you. Im skeered!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6635|IRELAND

CameronPoe wrote:

For once I disagree Cameron. Fucking up a whole oppressed nation over the actions of a dictatorship on the international arena hardly sounds fair. I thought you were against collective punishment, or is that just in the middle east?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

eh, it's just a one kiloton they will shake it off.
[/sacrsacsm]

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-10-17 05:38:28)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
herrr_smity
+156|6635|space command ur anus
let them blow another bomb, if they do they have 1 less
herrr_smity
+156|6635|space command ur anus

MorbidFetus wrote:

Spark wrote:

Can the DPRK even launch a full out artillery strike? I'm willing to bet the vast majority (if not all) of the artillery pieces/shells are ancient, prolly rusted out or manned by ill-trained crews.
the problem is not the conventional shells the problem is the chemical shells
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

JahManRed wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

For once I disagree Cameron. Fucking up a whole oppressed nation over the actions of a dictatorship on the international arena hardly sounds fair. I thought you were against collective punishment, or is that just in the middle east?
I was using fairly exaggerated over-dramatic language so I'll put it another way. Collective punishment is always unfortunate. The threat being posed by North Korea is clear and present and is directed at others whose lives could be taken if this crystal clear threat is ignored to the point of said threat becoming a reality. If it kicks off then it'll be case of 'which innocents would you prefer to have killed?', the only deciding factor for me being who the aggressor was.

If North Korea continues to progress along its current path and actually decides to use what should only ever be a deterrent then the threat posed by them must be eliminated once and for all, using any and all means necessary to secure the lives of others whose lives would be in danger. When I said 'char' the whole country I wasn't exactly being serious - certainly strong action, possibly nuclear, should be utilised to completely disable the apparatus of their government and military. I believe in 'an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth'.

Not exactly analogous but I will state here that I fully support the action taken by USA in bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945. It seemed to be the most logical step to take and was arguably necessary.

Let's face it people:
"The [UN] resolution cannot be construed otherwise than a declaration of a war" - DPRK Foreign Ministry

They aren't mincing their words here.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-17 06:10:45)

arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6688|Colorado Springs, CO

CameronPoe wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I was using fairly exaggerated over-dramatic language so I'll put it another way. Collective punishment is always unfortunate. The threat being posed by North Korea is clear and present and is directed at others whose lives could be taken if this crystal clear threat is ignored to the point of said threat becoming a reality.

If North Korea continues to progress along its current path and actually decides to use what should only ever be a deterrent then the threat posed by them must be eliminated once and for all, using any and all means necessary to secure the lives of others whose lives would be in danger. When I said 'char' the whole country I wasn't exactly being serious - certainly strong action, possibly nuclear, should be utilised to completely disable the apparatus of their government and military.

Not exactly analogous but I will state here that I fully support the action taken by USA in bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It seemed to be the most logical step to take and was arguably necessary.
Well yet another statement I completely agree with.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6635|IRELAND

Cameron you were advocating a preemptive strike in your first post. Glad you clarified and downgraded to a "nuke them if the nuke first" stance.

Id wait until Kim and his fiends are all holding a summit like the one the other day and launch a couple of tomahawks and blow the whole leadership to shite. I believe that the ppl of Korea are being punished enough by the regime that with a little help and alittle time could be toppled, revolution could be brewed. The international community's threats and sanctions only draw the ppl closer to their now great protector.

I don't think N.Korea has any intension of nuking anyone.   Its a deterrent against the blatant aggression shown to them. I am a great believer in leaving countries to sort out their own mess. Like any dictator, the time will come when Kim will be ousted by the ppl.  We tried all this shit with Saddam and all it did was make him more popular and eventually the country had to be invaded. With Korea we will do the exact same, only we wont be able to invade because they have nukes, leaving the regime in a powerful position, seen as the protectors, and "didn't we tell you we needed nukes", restoring faith in the regime and taking us farther away from a revolution which could be conceived and carried out from within by the ppl!!!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

JahManRed wrote:

Cameron you were advocating a preemptive strike in your first post. Glad you clarified and downgraded to a "nuke them if the nuke first" stance.

Id wait until Kim and his fiends are all holding a summit like the one the other day and launch a couple of tomahawks and blow the whole leadership to shite. I believe that the ppl of Korea are being punished enough by the regime that with a little help and alittle time could be toppled, revolution could be brewed. The international community's threats and sanctions only draw the ppl closer to their now great protector.

I don't think N.Korea has any intension of nuking anyone.   Its a deterrent against the blatant aggression shown to them. I am a great believer in leaving countries to sort out their own mess. Like any dictator, the time will come when Kim will be ousted by the ppl.  We tried all this shit with Saddam and all it did was make him more popular and eventually the country had to be invaded. With Korea we will do the exact same, only we wont be able to invade because they have nukes, leaving the regime in a powerful position, seen as the protectors, and "didn't we tell you we needed nukes", restoring faith in the regime and taking us farther away from a revolution which could be conceived and carried out from within by the ppl!!!
JahMan - in my first post I clearly state that it was not to be pre-emptive. I specifically talk of North Korea striking first. Aside from that - it's South Korea's problem (and they don't have any nukes) and personally I believe Kim Jung Il is actually unhinged and may actually be crazy enough to do something stupid (unlike some middle eastern dictators) especially when sanctions really begin to bite (and there ain't no oil-for-food in this deal!). Only time will tell however.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-17 06:17:58)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6635|IRELAND

Sorry dude I missread: 
"I say let them nuke (or attempt to nuke) South Korea"
as
"I say let them nuke (or attempt to nuke)  Korea"

Should really keep my glasses on.

Ok carry on, your still a Filthy Commy Tree-Hugger, lol
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6555|San Diego, CA, USA

MorbidFetus wrote:

Spark wrote:

Our artillery is better and much more accurate.  We can determine where an artillery shell was fired from before it lands on the ground and have 5 shells incomming to the position before their first shell lands.

So yeah, each ONE of those artillery pieces may get 1-2 shells off...and that's about it. 

Our artillery shoots over the horizon too (that greater than 18 miles), AND we have shells that use GPS to correct their position while in the air.  So our artillery can shoot in a general direction, acquire a target while in-flight, and then correct it self while in-flight to hit its target within 2 meters of its designated position.

Its the refugees that will cause a greater problem...when you have 10,000 people running towards you, how many of them are actual enemies?
IRONCHEF
+385|6498|Northern California
Shiiittttt...we could anhilate N Korea with just a sea-born naval attack.  Subs reserved for doing heaviest damage, big guns for removing their arty and airfields.

But on a serious note, saving that population would be a great, hugely gratifying cause if it can be done while getting Kimmy out of the picture.  So a joint mission with the chinese to sneak some teams in and do a slow game to undermine and get him toppled?  Or perhaps short missions to assassinate him and his party?

Regardless, it has to start with propaganda via leaflets or some informational source (take over their state television?).  Full scale invasion will end in defeat (we might win some battles, but we WILL lose the war).
ghettoperson
+1,943|6656

CameronPoe wrote:

[Borat]High five![/Borat]
Capt. Foley
+155|6595|Allentown, PA, USA

CameronPoe wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I was using fairly exaggerated over-dramatic language so I'll put it another way. Collective punishment is always unfortunate. The threat being posed by North Korea is clear and present and is directed at others whose lives could be taken if this crystal clear threat is ignored to the point of said threat becoming a reality. If it kicks off then it'll be case of 'which innocents would you prefer to have killed?', the only deciding factor for me being who the aggressor was.

If North Korea continues to progress along its current path and actually decides to use what should only ever be a deterrent then the threat posed by them must be eliminated once and for all, using any and all means necessary to secure the lives of others whose lives would be in danger. When I said 'char' the whole country I wasn't exactly being serious - certainly strong action, possibly nuclear, should be utilised to completely disable the apparatus of their government and military. I believe in 'an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth'.

Not exactly analogous but I will state here that I fully support the action taken by USA in bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945. It seemed to be the most logical step to take and was arguably necessary.

Let's face it people:
"The [UN] resolution cannot be construed otherwise than a declaration of a war" - DPRK Foreign Ministry

They aren't mincing their words here.
Im starting to love this forum, the Republicans are starting to become more moderate over all I think and the Democrats are also. Everyone is starting to act human, haha.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6555|San Diego, CA, USA
Found on: http://www.drudgereport.com/

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE5826I520090903

North Korea says in last stage of enriching uranium

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard