Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6565|UK

NOW, I've looked around, and saw plenty people stating it, yet never seen a reason for it.

As we all know, at 20,00 there are two ranks:

Master Sergeant and First Sergeant.

These two ranks are separated by badge requirements.

OK, so everyone (almost) know's that, fair enough, but if we go ahead in the ranking's, way way up to the high officer's we see another example of this, yet it's different.

If a colonel, is for example a ground pounder, and does not want to spend at least 50 hours in every vehicle, he remains a colonel.  Let's also say for talking sake, he went past 180,000 point's which of course is the next rank up.  If at that time he crosses the 180k mark he doesn't have the badge requirement's he stay's a colonel, but as soon as he spends those hour's in the vehicle's and gain's the badge's, he will rank up.

So my question is, why at 1st serge, does someone need to have all the badge's before the 20k, yet up at the 180k, you can achieve your badge's and you rank at your own leisure?  I was just thinking about it there, as we have all seen thread's been started, 'omg why wont it rank up' and 'this game is fucked up I can't get my rank' etc.  So there tend's to be quite a lot of bitching, and yet, when one become's a general, you can go past the 180k mark, and then suddenly decide, bah I will go get those vet badge's and get my rank.

Does anyone know why this is?  Is there even a reason for it lol?  I suppose it is kind of pointless anyway, but I have often wondered, is it just because the General's are so uber compared to our n00b 1st serge friends?

I apologize if any of that is wrong up there btw ^^^ it's late, be happy to receive correction, and even happier with proper answer's

Thanks fella's

Martyn
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6714

Are you kidding? DICE is too lazy.
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6528
good question
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6558|Winterpeg, Canada
Good question

PspRpg-7 wrote:

DICE is too lazy.
^ your answer.
Crawdaddy79
+27|6553
I thought a Master Sergeant became a First Sergeant as soon as he obtained all the necessary badges...????
NuShadow
Captain Fantastic
+24|6499|woodbridge, VA

Crawdaddy79 wrote:

I thought a Master Sergeant became a First Sergeant as soon as he obtained all the necessary badges...????
Nope
Crawdaddy79
+27|6553
I don't believe you.
Crawdaddy79
+27|6553
Notice you are from Woodbridge.  I lived there for two days.  Traffic pissed me off and I moved to Alexandria.
Chorcai
+49|6664|Ireland
Whats the deal with 4stars ?? I have 3 how does one get 4 ?
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6479|Tyne & Wear, England
I know the answer to this question...but I am far too drunk to put it into words...sorry.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6697|Disaster Free Zone
Because basics are very easy to obtain for 1. And also if you don't get the better rank at 20,000 it doesn't matter when you get to 50,000. Where as if you don't make general when you get 180,000 you will never be able to rank up again.
Plus when they added all the ranks above second lieutenant in 1.12 (or was it 1.2) it meant people over 180-200k points could still get there general status without starting a new account.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard