[64]-Spud
+0|6749|cork city Ireland
howdy guys.

i was awarded the armoured ribbon the other night on line ( naturally ), but i loged in yesterday to find that i didnt have it, this has happend to me a few times now with other medals and ribbons.

does this happen to evry one?

as im on the subject of armour i came across some guy last night that was taking out my tank with 1 shot from his tank has any one come across this, it was on that new city map in SF the one thats brown? on the little pic brits agenst insurgents

thx for the help!
Titanium Shadow
Silent Justice
+0|6773|Chicago
Yes I've had that happen a few times with the ribbons and medals, makes you mad as hell
And the tank 1 shot thingy, Yes that has happend also, and my tank was new!!!
[64]-Spud
yah my tank was new too, i hit the guy 3 times witch will take out any tank in bf2 he hit me one and bang made me made as hell that did
thinner44
+1|6844
Funny, (in a strange kind of way). That happened to me, might even have been the same map. Brand spanking new tank, still had the dealers tags on it, I shot the enemy tank 3 times... no tears, he shoots once and I'm dead... I know about positioning and treads but it was very suspect.

As for ribbons and stuff not showing... so far so good. I've got every one that I was awarded in the game showing up.. however, my 6 million gold medals have strangely gone astray ... perhaps EA has sold them in preperation of bf2 SF2
savannah_lore
+0|6749
are you sure you guys werent using the bmp 3. although it does have a tank like turret it lacks tank armor.
[64]-Spud

thinner44 wrote:

however, my 6 million gold medals have strangely gone astray ... perhaps EA has sold them in preperation of bf2 SF2
LOL

and i was driving an abrams atnk not a BMP, 3 shots shoulda killed the other tank, he hit me twice in the front and i died after one shot i taught the front was the tuff'st part of a tank?

and the map was warlord

Last edited by [64]-Spud (2005-12-09 08:59:01)

BigSwoll
+0|6748|Gahanna, Ohio
I didn't have any problem in BF2 with getting badges and ribbons, the only time it happened to me was with my Support badge for SF.

I've only been killed by one shot in a brand new tank once, and I got hit with a AT rocket from one of the stationary turrets.  My reaction, "Interesting."
[64]-Spud
i havent come across this any more.......
_|x|ake|x|_
+0|6786|greenville, sc
well... i'll get a medal on regular bf2 or a ribbon or badge, and then play sf, and get the same one again....its weird
[64]-Spud
SF have there own bages and ribbons they look the same tough very slight dferances in them
masterHouse
Official Heckler & Koch ambassador
+8|6751|Veenendaal, The Netherlands
You can get killed in a new tank with just one shot: the M1A2 of the USMC has a vitall place on the rear, if the bottom of the rear of the turret is exposed and there comes a hostile shell, BOEMM, tanks and crew are history so you can get killed with just one shot.
[64]-Spud
i got killed from the front with  one shot!!!
IC_Draconis
+9|6753

[64]-Spud wrote:

as im on the subject of armour i came across some guy last night that was taking out my tank with 1 shot from his tank has any one come across this, it was on that new city map in SF the one thats brown? on the little pic brits agenst insurgents

thx for the help!
Something similar happened to me 1 week ago in Karkand.
My totally new tank was taken out by 1 hit from a grenade launcher:))))
There were no other simultaneous hits, just this only one.

Yesterday - on Warlord map - I fired 9 RPG-7 rocket into the top of an Abrams from about 30 meters and it didn't blow (It wasn't sitting on a supply box, not that would help against 9 rockets anyway). I let it to take the post and waited for it to pass. 2 minutes and corners later i managed to took out it with 2 shots.

Some kind of a bug in the game.

Sometimes awards disappear...just log in again for a couple of times and they'll get back.

The most annoying thing is when you get in a very popular server, after a long wait and the f...ked up stat server gives you private rank and takes away all your unlocks. You have to disconnect, log out/in, connect and probably your place will be taken by a new player.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6781|The United Center
the secret to tanks is try to hit underneath them.  theres little to no armor there, so if you can get a direct shot on the underside, its a one hit kill always.  if the tank is on top of a hill, its much easier to do.  my guess is thats what happened.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6790|United States of America
first off, how in the hell do you even get the armored service ribbon!!! I swear  that i will tank whore a whole round on karkand and never get the blasted thing!  I can get helicopter and arial service but not tank!  I might just be some helpless wannabe tank whore.
[64]-Spud
yah that realy pisses me of.

miller i was playing SF when i got it, i got somting in the region of 60 odd pts in the warlord map in a tank and i was awarded it
uks4z
+0|6752
Yeah, I had the same problem. Had the tank for basically the entire round on a 64 player karkland, had about 30 or so kills, and no armored service ribbon. Sucks.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6823|England
I shot a tank 4 times yesterday then he saw me and took me out in 2 shots to the side just after id hit him with my 5th.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6809|Noizyland

It is possible to take out a full health tank in one hit if you hit it at the right place.
Normally though, a one hit kill dosn't destroy the tank, but just makes it flame, and eventually be destroyed.
Don't attack a tank from the front. If you are stuck at the front with no other option, at least aim for the tracks.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6875|Toronto, Canada

Miller wrote:

first off, how in the hell do you even get the armored service ribbon!!! I swear  that i will tank whore a whole round on karkand and never get the blasted thing!  I can get helicopter and arial service but not tank!  I might just be some helpless wannabe tank whore.
You have to spend 15-20 minutes in the tank in a round, one time I killed over 40 guys and didn't get it because of the time constraints. But then I got it on Kubra damn getting kills 18, 19, 20 with 4 tickets left.

Funny thing is, once you get it, you'll meet the requirements many times again without thinking about it. YOu'll get it eventually.
[64]-Spud

'{DsM}SongofWar[BoC wrote:

Funny thing is, once you get it, you'll meet the requirements many times again without thinking about it. YOu'll get it eventually.
i want it now!!!!!!!!
DSRTurtle
+56|6720

[64]-Spud wrote:

'{DsM}SongofWar[BoC wrote:

i want it now!!!!!!!!
LOL

Songhua Stalemate with less than 20 people on a 64 player map.  I got mine and wasn't expeceting it.  I finshed the round with 23 kills and 75+ pts.  I also got my Combat Action Ribbon, which I was trying for.  I look up with the score 89 to 120 and I had 17 kills.  I was like please let the round last long enough to get #18.  I got 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, and 23.  I got the Armored Service Ribbon on kill # 21 or 22.
I think it was because 1 or 2 of my kills were by an AT Mine I laid and 1 was in a jeep I was trying to defend a flag with.  The rest were all in Armored Vehicles.

It can be done. Don't give up hope.  I was thinking the same as you that it was next to impossible.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6687
Got my armored service ribbon without even trying on songhua, just like DSRTurtle above me. Just APC whored as an engineer the entire round (32 player server, full up)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
DSRTurtle
+56|6720
I have renewed confidence now.  I know I can get the Armor Combat Medal and the Expert Armor badge when I meet all the other requirements for them.  It's amazing what you think when something good actually happens.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6681|Peoria
For all you guys with the 1 shot tank trouble, remember

if you shoot a tank in the front, it doesn't do alot of damage BUT

a TOW missile to the TREADS is an instant kill. Save for the stupid under the turret spot, which you can't really hit well, the front treads are the weakest part of the tank, with the back coming in close second.

Also, if you shoot a tank on the top, you may not do damage, because i believe that if you hit either the gun or the hatch, it does no damage. Your better of hitting the BACK from the top.

ALSO, tank shells bouce off tanks if you hit them at the right angle, so SOB found a way to hit a tank, doing damage, and then the shell skips off and hits the turret, doing more damage, resulting in a 1 shot kill.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard