TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6568|Australia
render transport aircraft dropping vehicles and supplies.

the PLA and MEC would have the Ilyushin Il-76

the US would have the C-130H/J Hercules or the C-5

any thaughts?
Whodofart
+11|6477|U.S.A.
I think being able to see the transport planes would be interesting depending on what map you played on.  For the maps with aircrafts most definitely cause pilots could have the opportunity to shoot them down, preventing the opposing team from not only receiving their supplies, but make them wait longer to get something else.

Plus, it would be interesting if the transport planes could not only drop supplies and vehicles, but bombs aswells.  U.S. forces would have the MOAB ftw.

heres some info, pics, and video on this Mother of All Bombs.  LOL, enjoy

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ … s/moab.htm
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6725|Tampa Bay Florida
Or paratroopers?
jord
+2,382|6713|The North, beyond the wall.
They should be able to be piloted.Now that would be a game.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6705|The Netherlands

jord wrote:

Yeah, and then ram them into enemy transports
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6584|UK

Why would you waste an entire C5 on one supply crate/hummer lol!

Least it would piss off the green peace people, it's soooooo dam in efficient it actually turns me on lmao.
samfink
+31|6590
maybe do that, and make it that you can do multiple drops at once? i/.e. first shove the hummer out the back, then shove another out the back later on, then a supply drop,, another supply drop, then make it come into land ( why not make teh thing a destroyable asset, destroy the enemy transport, and they can't drop supplies or vehicles, and also have depots, that have 2 vehicles in them or masses of supply drops, make the depots need 5 packs of c4 to destroy, and then if you destroy them, you get 10 asset destroy points, and the enemy can't drop whatever was in the depot until the depot is repaired. ( make the supply drops unpacked, say, so they don't repair the depot itself)
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6735|MoVal So-Cal
I think they would use thoppers like the sky crane to make jeep and supply drops, it would be cool to see em though.
jsnipy
+3,276|6557|...

They should also render the administration offices that support the tropps behind the scenes ...
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6733

jord wrote:

Ahhh the days of DC.
That'd be so funny though, if a J10 was camping the carrier, and this giant C-5 appeared outta no where and he rammed into it.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2006-10-15 11:36:01)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6801|Cambridge (UK)

jsnipy wrote:

They should also render the administration offices that support the tropps behind the scenes ...
And the families back home.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6514|Sheffield-England
i do't see why commanders cant sit in a UAV and fly it around across the battlefield
Phrozenbot
+632|6650|do not disturb

That would be interesting to see, but it might require a lot of work to implement. There is a ton of things that could be added that are missing though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard