Inc0gnit0
+0|6734|Las Vegas, United States
I love this baby, G3 is a real mans gun :p
Esker
+1|6750
Yeah it's a cool gun, defo better than that SA80 piece of shit the poor medics have to put up with. I sometimes find having a frag rather than a nade launcher to be quite useful at times.

The 20 round clip is a bit of a bastard but any assault guy worth his salt should be ok with it.

I got used to 20 round mags with that MP7, which I gotta say may not be the best gun for running in with but it reminds me so much of a MAC10 on CS I just gotta use it
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6740|Riva, MD
I dismissed it for the same reasons but then I unlocked it thinking, I can live with this until Christmas when I get the F2000, but it turns out it's a pretty damn good weapon.  The accuracy on fully automatic is awesome and the gun looks pretty cool too.  I miss the grenade launcher a lot though, plus the 20 round clip and rate fire don't mix well, and the ironsights suck.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6751|Honolulu, HI
Whoever asked it earlier: The simplest way I can think of to describe a "clip" is that its only function is to hold bullets in place.  Once it's loaded properly, the weapon itself, rather than the clip, chambers rounds as they are needed.  An example of a clip-loader is the venerable M1 Garand, or the notorious SKS.

A "magazine," on the other hand, is more complex than a clip.  It's generally spring-loaded so that as ammunition is expended, rounds are constantly chambered upwards to the top of the magazine.  Most firearms are magazine-fed.

Yeah, it's a picky distinction but it's better to learn the distinction from a forum than having a hard-core NRA life member or ex-Marine "explain" the difference. 

As for the G3, yeah, I admit that 7.62 x 51's are ballsey bullets with a fair recoil, but on the other hand the G3A3 weighs, what, something like 9 pounds?  With that stability, maybe full-auto would be kinda inaccurate but single shots shouldn't be as bad as it's implemented right now.

Still, can't argue with 40 damage.  And the fact that no one will be able to call you a n00b t00ber. 
YitEarp
+1|6748
very good explanation btw, thanks!  was always kinda curious.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6798|Noizyland

The G3 isn't bad. it is my most recent unlock. It is brilliant at close range, like between the buildings and the tall wall in that place in Karkand. I do not like it's terrible accuracy though. I once shot at a guy who was fairly close without killing him. (Luckily he was so blissfully unaware of me that after missing a couple of times I simply strolled up to him and angrilly put an entire clip in the back of his head as he tried to run up a hill.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Rakasan
+7|6860|California, USA
For me, the G3 woops ass in CQC.  For sniping, I'll be sticking with the G36C.
plastic_budgie
+114|6774|England : East Yorkshire
I like g3, but to be honest MEC Rifle own's. I think MEC team is the bomb
M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6777|Medicland, sthlm

plastic_budgie wrote:

I think MEC team is the bomb
Was gonna post something about MEC and bombs, but given the current status of said topic, I'll let it slide.
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6757|In a van down by the river
The G3 isn't consistent enough but I enjoy using it.  Sometimes I'll get easy 1-2 hit kills.  Other times I have to unload a whole clip to hit anything. Still, I enjoy using it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard