kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6852|Bryan/College Station, TX
I know we often do something like this when it comes to land vehicles. Take their vehicle and then drive it some place and leave it until it finally blows up from inuse. We also go sneakly to their base and steal their choppers and jets... however in one game I saw something I hadn't seen before.

Kubra Dam. Someone snuck over to the MEC base and stole their jet. They then fly over to the second runway on the USMC side and successfully land. They then taxi the plane into the hanger. They are engineer and then they become commander. The entire game as far as I can tell he repaired the MEC jet to keep it there and commanded.

Pretty much denying the use of the jet from the MEC the entire game.

Anyone else see something like this on any map?
Not using a vehicle, just repairing it to prevent the other team from using it.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6721|'Ull, Yorkshire, England
Thats a pretty damn good idea, but i'm guessing it was on the version of Kubra where there is only one jet so it wouldn't work if there were one in each hangar. I'd find it incredibly boring to sit and repair but as long as its the commander thats a great idea.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6850|Cologne, Germany

good tactic, but it might get you kicked / banned from some clanservers, who won't allow stealing vehicles from the enemy base.

denying the enemy access to a valuable access is a fair approach, I'd say.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6852|Bryan/College Station, TX

B.Schuss wrote:

Denying the enemy access to a valuable access is a fair approach, I'd say.
For us amateur pilots who would be useless against the likes of people like [CANADA]_Zenmaster who simply school us from the air while we are on the ground. And since AA is useless against such pilots. Stealing the jets and choppers are just about the only way to even the odds.

At least then its a ground war without any air power.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-12-13 06:52:27)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6829|Belgium

kilroy0097 wrote:

The entire game as far as I can tell he repaired the MEC jet to keep it there and commanded.
Seems a sneaky way of getting the better hand, but hehe I do love sneaky

The one thing I don't get is, why repair the thing? He could just as easily occupy it, for as far as I know the degeneration of vehicles only start when they are not used and not illegally parked.

While sitting in the damn thing and commanding he:
- deny the enemy their access (the sneaky bastard )
- is useful for his team as commander
- increases his commander score and such
- increases his time in plane (and thus be quicker to obtain some badges medals)
- increases his kills in a plane while dumping arty on the enemy

(of the record no I don't do this myself, the only way I know to get a plane down is rather fatal for the bird and occupant)

Cheers,
R
Ps.: and no he wouldn't get repair points because the freakin' thing is empty... like it or not (and that is a whole other discussion), you don't.
misfire00
Lead Magnet
+26|6790|Charleston SC - USA
LOL! I'm thinking about the poor bastards standing around the MEC hanger waiting for a jet to spawn. And waiting and waiting and waiting.
someone25
+1|6757

misfire00 wrote:

LOL! I'm thinking about the poor bastards standing around the MEC hanger waiting for a jet to spawn. And waiting and waiting and waiting.
and waiting .. an get killed by the ari over and over again....^^^^
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6846
I have taken one when my gunship was knocked out, flew to our main, landed and got out. gave it away. becuase i cant fly 4 cat cigars
SWAMRaoulDuke
+0|6800

kilroy0097 wrote:

I know we often do something like this when it comes to land vehicles. Take their vehicle and then drive it some place and leave it until it finally blows up from inuse. We also go sneakly to their base and steal their choppers and jets... however in one game I saw something I hadn't seen before.

Kubra Dam. Someone snuck over to the MEC base and stole their jet. They then fly over to the second runway on the USMC side and successfully land. They then taxi the plane into the hanger. They are engineer and then they become commander. The entire game as far as I can tell he repaired the MEC jet to keep it there and commanded.

Pretty much denying the use of the jet from the MEC the entire game.

Anyone else see something like this on any map?
Not using a vehicle, just repairing it to prevent the other team from using it.
IDD this tactic works like hell it puts your team in an advantage position....
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6772

oh, you mean something like this?

https://www.totalirrelevance.zeeblo.com/otherfiles/BF2/su_in_op_cs.JPG

Someone else, before he left, felt like being an asshole and grabbed both planes on 32 Operation Clean Sweep, and landed them in the cliff mountain things and left them there to rot lol.

Last edited by Coolbeano (2005-12-13 07:50:03)

risson
+17|6776|Wisconsin
This is an EXCELLENT post..  I'm definitely going to have to try this out!!!

Risson
Hr_Amdi
+0|6770|Denmark
Ha ha ha what a great idea. Bit like public transport - you wait and wait and wait and wait and.........
BurlySmurf
+1|6764|Nellis AFB
I do this as often as I can on Wake. If I am the US commander I will steal the Chinese J10 and park it on the carrier. Works really well if your team doesn't have a decent pilot.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6752
I love doing this for any vehicle on any map.  If someone runs from an APC or Tank on Karkand, and I don't feel like being in a tank, I'll run it back to... the Suburbs if I'm MEC, and one of the cliffs surrounding that huge empty space between the Gas Station and Hotel.  It goes out of bounds, never to touch human hands again (until it blows up)
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6796|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'
We used that same tactic in Call of Duty & COD:UO, havent noticed it here but I would assume quite effective of de-whoring another teams, yeah.
(IOC)WhiteLion
+0|6729
What I do, I would steal it and park where people will normally spawn out and use either c4 on vehicle or mine under it. i would sit and watch it go up in smoke.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6791|The Hague, Holland
Thats some good stuff you got there, gonna try that out sometime!
Oh wait.. I dont know how to land a damn jet !

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard