.|microphage
+4|6630|Vancouver, BC
Ok, i know bf2142 is suppose to come out on the 17th...but gamespot says the 18th and in bestbuy and futureshop ads, it's availiable on the 19th. WTF? that's 1-2 days of quality scores and about like 3 unlocks! so is it still the 17th?
mattajohnstone
+15|6786
its different dates in different places and with different shops mostly 17th-20th
Icleos
+101|6740

.|microphage wrote:

Ok, i know bf2142 is suppose to come out on the 17th...but gamespot says the 18th and in bestbuy and futureshop ads, it's availiable on the 19th. WTF? that's 1-2 days of quality scores and about like 3 unlocks! so is it still the 17th?
It has to do with shipping and inventory restock.
Every store is not synchronize to the exact same restock rate.
Stores restock their inventory on different days.  They do this about every week or so on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and so on...

I believe all or most Best Buy stores restock on Tuesday in the afternoon or later.  They don't place the product on the shelves until the next day.  They will probably have the game on the 17th but it won’t be on the shelves until the 18th.  If you go to Best Buy on the 17th and ask for Battlefield 2142 they might go get you a copy from the inventory room. 

I've done it many times with other games and gotten the game before the stores actual release date.

Last edited by Icleos (2006-10-14 11:31:04)

MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6773|EUR
Why the hell do you care if someone has 1-4 unlocks more then you?
Dont tell me you can't get along with that.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6686|Computer Chair
Geachte heer Real Life Name

Het bestelde artikel met het ordernummer xxxxxx is naar u verzonden

Het naar u verzonden artikel is:

1 * Battlefield 2142 DVD               

Deze bestelling zal morgen bij u worden bezorgd door de TPG Post.
Translate into:

Im getting it tomorrow, Tuesday the 17th. While im in Europe.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6814|Belgium
I'm getting my copy at Game Mania ( I live in Belgium ) and they'll have it 19 oct.
So 4 more days to go ^_^
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6681

Icleos wrote:

I've done it many times with other games and gotten the game before the stores actual release date.
Cheater .

Though, I'm not entirely sure you'd have the servers or the players to play on/with before release.
Stags
+26|6654
The Official Release date according to EA is October 18th.  Although it was originally slated to be released on the 11th but that got moved back because the changes took longer than expected.  This release date may vary from store to store, however the game has already shipped to the stores so it should be on the shelves on the 18 +/- 1 day. 
Fab_1963
+11|6409|In the middle of Nowhere
Hey  i just want to make a HEADS up that battlefield 2142 is coming out tomorrow! i wonder what it is goin to be like well we'll see
Master*
Banned
+416|6492|United States
im not even going to say anything
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6818|Belgium

1 and 1 = 1
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6668|The Netherlands
I bought it (In stores, just a few hours ago)
zyphlus
+8|6754
Fry's has it for $39 this morning by 9 am... went yesterday nothing... Wonder if they got a new Zboard too?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard