atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA
I'm confused...  You TK someone if they swear in-game?
Rosse_modest
+76|6778|Antwerp, Flanders

atlvolunteer wrote:

Then why have ratings for games?  Since its only pretend, we can let a 5 yr old play it...
Only a select few understand game rating logic, they are members of a powerful enigmatic brotherhood bent on controlling Earth.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA

Rosse_modest wrote:

atlvolunteer wrote:

Then why have ratings for games?  Since its only pretend, we can let a 5 yr old play it...
Only a select few understand game rating logic, they are members of a powerful enigmatic brotherhood bent on controlling Earth.
LOL
topal63
. . .
+533|6720

atlvolunteer wrote:

I'm confused...  You TK someone if they swear in-game?
IF they are within-range - absolutely YES.

They never correlate - the TK - with their lame & boring swearing - to them it seems random.

And they type: What the F*#k - and I TK them for doing that.

Last edited by topal63 (2005-12-09 10:45:41)

atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA
I hope you are being sarcastic.  Otherwise, I would have to say that that is about the stupidest reason I have ever heard for TKing somebody.  That's probably worse than TKing somebody that's about to jump in the jet you want.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6723|Sydney, Australia

General-Echo wrote:

ye badword filters are bullshit, they kick u for saying fuck u, but when u write F**k u can stay and every1 understands what u r saying.

On servers with badword filters i usually swear in dutch, usually that ll be: hoer! (means whore in dutch)
God I hate those filters. My story from Internode 11 (wake):

"Kicked from server for 1 minute. Admin - foul language"

I only told a guy to **** himself... A new round had started. I began close to the chinese jet so I take it. Another guy wanted it and was driving towards me in the jeep...surley he will stop. So I open the throttle and let rip. The basterd drives right into me, blowing us both up. Apparently I was the teamkiller, with a nice punish to prove it. What am I expected to do, swerve around him in my jet??!

topal63 wrote:

And they type: What the F*#k - and I TK them for doing that.
Ain't that what poeple are ment to say after you TK them?

BBC thing wrote:

Where's my sodding car?
Do british people seriously talk like this?

Last edited by mcminty (2005-12-10 01:52:19)

NYL0N
+1|6716
anyone who is in the real army knows that they don't say please very often.
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6743|United Kingdom
I'm not offended by swearing at all - scared, maybe, if they also have a knife. But, what does offend me is the dickheaded fuckmonkeys on the link in the quote. They can kiss the fattest part of my ass (and that's a lotta ass). I mean, seriously...W.T.F. If I want to bloody swear and curse and cuss I'll sodding well do it. And to hell with them Christian god-bothering peace morons that bug me in the street everytime I walk out a flamin' shop. Seriously...get a job. A real one.

Sheesh..

P.S: No offense to Christians intended, you're free to believe what you will (of course).
P.P.S: Except those stupid 'tards that bother me in the street. Full offense intented to them.
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6743|United Kingdom

Rosse_modest wrote:

atlvolunteer wrote:

fnord
pacman VKC
+0|6718
Do I swear, fuck yes. Do I get offended no, suppose how you grow up. seriously guess its what your used to, I swear everyday with what I do/mix in lol, I just left a clan and blew my top and sweared in a post,  hmm so I guess its what your used to, I find it really annoying when I got language warning on a server(only for those who deserve it) Tact is good, but for pricks who wont take a hint/point then its totally viable, after all this game is rated? so..
Deedubya
+-2|6804|The Seventh Circle of Hell
The only reason servers apply a language filter, is because minors play the game too. Granted some of those minors probably know more swear words than I do, which is saying a lot considering I work in a career field where you're looked at weird if you DON'T swear. But yeah, it pisses me off when I can't even type in a swear word in SQUAD chat. I was playing on a French server last night, and I was getting fed up with their stupid retarded asses, so as I was leaving I typed in, "Fuck you little French faggots". Needless to say, that was my third warning because it kicked me before I could disconnect. I'm very competitive, and when I get kicked because I vent through chat, it does nothing but piss me off even more. But then I contemplate, who should grow up, me or them?
pacman VKC
+0|6718
them, for fucks sake if you cant swear, then whats the fucking point. Whats the age limit for bf2, fuck em, sorry for the fucking language, ahhh fuck it. The germans invented the word "fuck" its got a million and one uses besides saying "fuck it" Blame them fucks. Shit I swore too fucking much.

Last edited by pacman VKC (2005-12-11 22:22:46)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

p0wn wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

I posted this in Debate and Serious talk but it is related to Battlefield 2.
Who here is honestly offended by swearing?
Yes, we all know...
So, what would you think if I was to say "I'm going to fuck your shit up!" ?
I'd think "Bring it on Bitch!"

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
NYL0N
+1|6716

Deedubya wrote:

The only reason servers apply a language filter, is because minors play the game too. Granted some of those minors probably know more swear words than I do, which is saying a lot considering I work in a career field where you're looked at weird if you DON'T swear. But yeah, it pisses me off when I can't even type in a swear word in SQUAD chat. I was playing on a French server last night, and I was getting fed up with their stupid retarded asses, so as I was leaving I typed in, "Fuck you little French faggots". Needless to say, that was my third warning because it kicked me before I could disconnect. I'm very competitive, and when I get kicked because I vent through chat, it does nothing but piss me off even more. But then I contemplate, who should grow up, me or them?
i was swearing at 5, but maybe thats just NZ.
i was having a crap round and decided to leave so i typed 'fucking shit-eater', then 'dick in a sweaty asshole'. 3 or so others became angry at me and began writing abusive things at me, and they all got kicked too. hahaha, made my day. retards.
Deedubya
+-2|6804|The Seventh Circle of Hell

NYL0N wrote:

Deedubya wrote:

i was swearing at 5, but maybe thats just NZ.
i was having a crap round and decided to leave so i typed 'fucking shit-eater', then 'dick in a sweaty asshole'. 3 or so others became angry at me and began writing abusive things at me, and they all got kicked too. hahaha, made my day. retards.
LOL, that's a good one
i guess i'm one of the few ppl who doesnt like to swear eh? there is no point in getting upset over a game and in real life if you have to swear. try goin to anger managment. back in highschool all i ever heard was the F**K this and F**K that what is it about that word that gets ppl addicted to usin it and i usually hear women using that word its like christ talk about being ladylike. i was brought up to be a gentlemen not some thug that abuses women and beat em after getting home from the bar.
pacman VKC
+0|6718

ubersoldat...dos sniper wrote:

i guess i'm one of the few ppl who doesnt like to swear eh? there is no point in getting upset over a game and in real life if you have to swear. try goin to anger managment. back in highschool all i ever heard was the F**K this and F**K that what is it about that word that gets ppl addicted to usin it and i usually hear women using that word its like christ talk about being ladylike. i was brought up to be a gentlemen not some thug that abuses women and beat em after getting home from the bar.
fuck that
pfcilng
+0|6768|Northern Illinois University
I find swearing to be an unappreciated art form, some phrases I heave heard are just beutiful
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6717|USA
Cursing can be pure poetry.

As I lie beside the naked whore, my cock hurting from the dry tight cunt I had fucked for nearly 8 hours, I realized what a slut she was to let me give her that huge creampie in her nasty pussy. Shit, she was the best cocksuker you could have asked for and loved to take my dick in her now reamed ass. I could have swore I felt a turd down that poopshoot while slamming my cock in and out of her now redish "browneye".  And those huge tits bounced so nice while I impaled her on the meat spear!

Shear fucking poetry!

Last edited by SFCCDailey (2005-12-13 10:13:42)

Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6742|United States
The only swears that arent thet greatest are racial slurs.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Important!

I have now encountered those numerous strict no swearing servers.
I used to have six kicks and zero bans. Thanks to these fucking stupid language filters, after one day of playing, (not a full day,) I have nine kicks and one ban. I am a good player. I respect others, play fair,  and never do anything to annoy. My only fault is that I have a perchant for swearing.

Oh it's not a problem as such. When I'm in good company when it's inappropriate to swear I keep a lid on it, but if I am violently blown up, shot, stabbed, run over or anything else you can think of, I am bloody well going to say "fuck."

I am turning this post into a petition to Punkbuster. It is to take their fucking swear filters off games where swearing is a part of the whole experiance. This is a war game. Not a fucking "Tea With Mussolini" war game, but a full on violent war game. People are being killed all around you. You are doing a lot of the killing, and enjoying it too. Is it so wrong for aware teenagers and up, (for the majority of players are this because of the, (American,) PG13 rating,) to say a naughty word or two? The kicking/banning thing is ridiculous.

Anyone, if you feel strongly about this issue, please sign, or write your piece so we can achieve freedom of speech in our Battlefield games.
[Blinking eyes thing]
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA
Amen brutha!
Mosh
+2|6745

bs6749 wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

As a simple exclamaition of frustration or annoyance, swearing is no problem, people need to stop being so PC and stop thinking "Grandma wouldn't like that."

Grandma dosn't play Battlefield 2.
Who gives a fuck what grandma thinks?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Why do people want to respond to that one 'Grandma' statement? It's not relevant to anything, it simply means that people need to stop thinking that people that are seriously offended by swearing play Battlefield 2. If they were offended - seriously offended - they wouldn't be playing a war game as their ideals would mean that they wouldn't like the simulated violence either. I mean, how can you say that "Swearing ees bad, it'll send ye tah Heeeaall." when they play a game where they systematicly kill people.

Anyway, I think this "Petition" was a bust, no-one seems to think of this issue as strongly as me, so I'll be shutting it down soon.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839

-=Meshekal=- wrote:

fnord
You are not cleared for fnord.  Please go to the nearest euthenasia booth and press the big red button.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard