+1,393|6647
ps 3 obviously
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6644|Nova Scotia

E7IX3R wrote:

Rygar wrote:

'Both' is the missing option.
Elixer - GTA is coming for the 360 as well.  And the cheap high def player argument for the PS3 doesn't work either, seeing as the HD DVD drive combined with a 360 still is (slightly) cheaper than a PS3.
I put off on getting a 360 until September of this year and as far as I'm concerned it is a great machine.  Not all games are great, but it's got it's gems (GRAW for starters, Gears of War, Lost Planet upcoming).  No regrets at all.
That being said, it is pretty much guaranteed I am getting a PS3.

Can't we all just get along??
Microsoft made a big mistake sticking to HD DVD and not using BluRay, The next 5-6 years will see normal DVD become obsolete with BluRay becoming the standard in media storage, Prices for dual layer BluRay disks will drop giving game developers more space to utilise when making a game.

Plus, Halo 3 ain't got shit on MGS4. I may sound like a Sony fanboy, but I've owned a gamecube, 64 dreamcast and and xbox. The playstation just does a lot more for me than the xbox.
I think they all made a big mistake by creating two different formats in the first place.  It's anyone's game as far as format wars go (VHS beat Beta thanks to affordability, when Beta had better quality).

I'm not the biggest Halo fan, but I've never thought much of the Metal Gears (not anti-MG, just don't care).  If I was going to make an argument for games I'd say Final Fantasy 13 on the PS3, but that's entirely opinion.

Lost Planet and Gears of War look bloody amazing, and given that quality games aren't a rarity on the 360 (I'm assuming there'll be plenty for the PS3)  it isn't like Microsoft f***** the goat on this one.  Both systems will most likely see long productive lives and that's A-OK with me (I'll have both).
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6696

Rygar wrote:

'Both' is the missing option.
Elixer - GTA is coming for the 360 as well.  And the cheap high def player argument for the PS3 doesn't work either, seeing as the HD DVD drive combined with a 360 still is (slightly) cheaper than a PS3.
I put off on getting a 360 until September of this year and as far as I'm concerned it is a great machine.  Not all games are great, but it's got it's gems (GRAW for starters, Gears of War, Lost Planet upcoming).  No regrets at all.
That being said, it is pretty much guaranteed I am getting a PS3.

Can't we all just get along??
BLURAY and HDDVD have difference which is why the 360 addon is "cheaper" by $20 to compared to the $600
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6672|Canada Eh?
Wii FTW!

I'd get a 360, Ive been an X-Box supporter ever since I was dumb enough (at the time thats what I thought) to buy an X-Box and ended up loving it far more than the PS2 or Gamecube, but so far the Wii is my personal favorite
[BF2s]Connor
The Young One
+20|6468|Wigan---Manchester---UK---
The easiest question in the world, PS3 no contest in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xbox sucks!!!!

Last edited by [BF2s]Connor (2006-10-13 12:17:22)

the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6692|Vancouver BC Canada

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Wii
Yea, its cheaper and sounds pretty damned cool. I'll leave my FPS' on the PC.
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6584
PS3! I DO NOT LIKE XBOX's sorry for the caps.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6644|Nova Scotia

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

BLURAY and HDDVD have difference which is why the 360 addon is "cheaper" by $20 to compared to the $600
I am aware of the difference between them, thanks.  Point?  35 Gigs is too small now?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard