Bizkid79
+1|6596|Netherlands
Ok, my question is: WTF is wrong with that BF 2142 nick ordering system? (located at http://battlefield2142.ea.com/battlefie … teran.aspx)

I don't seem to get any nickname from EA for BF 2142... i really tried everthing possible (even a rampage on my keyboard wouldn't function as an "new nickname for BF 2142" ...)

Does anyone have the same problem as me or am i alone in this godforsaken problem?

I just wanted to pre-order my nickname for BF 2142, but seriously... every nickname i can possibly think of (or even a series of letters or numbers, which have nothing in comen what so ever) seems to be taken (if i must believe the site's command on every nickname i enter....

Is this just me or is EA screwing some nicknames over?
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6745|EUR
If it say its taken. Its taken.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
So: 'sdkffdkgmfdlkmhglkdsmgf' is taken?
asbad
+19|6691|Ireland
Ya i had the same prob, Some bastard stole "VaginalDischarge" from me. When the full game starts im gonna be damn sure to hound the basterd every time he's online
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6745|EUR

liquidat0r wrote:

So: 'sdkffdkgmfdlkmhglkdsmgf' is taken?
Too long.
Bizkid79
+1|6596|Netherlands
I'm already trying for a week now or so and i get the same dumb answer on the site "BF2 Account already used" (YEAH BY ME, YOU DUMB #@$&*!)

What the F-word does that mean?! That i can't use my original BF2 nickname in 2142 because i already used that name in BF2? Cuz it's not that another player is under that name for 2142, cuz i tried snatching another name (with the search help of this site for nicks) and than the site gives me a direct prompt as "BF2 Soldier Name already used by another player"... so is EA cutting some corners for some BF2 players or what?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Wait, I got the same problem, it is not asking you for a bf2 name, it is asking you for your EA account name.
Login to it and then from there you put in your soldiers name.
Dont try and create another EA account, just login to your existing one.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6594|Cherry Pie
It took me 50 minutes to find a name.  And that was after using a Japanese dictionary and after about 50 Japanese words I finally landed "School Boy" in Japanese.... lol.   Some ass took my BF2 name...
Bizkid79
+1|6596|Netherlands

zimmer92 wrote:

Wait, I got the same problem, it is not asking you for a bf2 name, it is asking you for your EA account name.
Login to it and then from there you put in your soldiers name.
Dont try and create another EA account, just login to your existing one.
Ok, hold up...

I'm doing this

EA Member Name : Bizkidje

EA Password : *

Battlefield 2 Soldier Name : Bizkid79

Battlefield 2 Password : *

Name of choice for Battlefield 2142
(Maximum 14 characters) : Bizkid79

And than the error of "BF2 Account already used" appears...

So what do i have to change?
Dex Luther
+32|6408|Canukastan
I had the same problem. I managed to get the name I want, but when I go to sign in with it I get a "user doesn't exist" error. I just thought that maybe the veterans program wasn't online in the demo.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-10-13 11:05:40)

Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6790|ATX

Bizkid79 wrote:

And than the error of "BF2 Account already used" appears...
To me it sounds like you (or someone else) already registered a 2142 nick using the BF2 account info you use to log in and play BF2...  but then I'm no expert here...
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Create a new EA account - I.E new email
Then create a soldiers name that isnt the one you want there.
It should work from there.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6561|Your attic
The entire veteran program is shot to pieces, it never really worked for everyone at the start and it hasn't really worked since. I got it to work for me eventually but it took alot of hassle compared to what I get (wow a little number 2 by my name)

And zimmer just told you all, so be grateful

zimmer92 wrote:

Why they couldn't of just thought

Oo look, we're using the EA downloader accounts as the primary login, why don't we say get everyone to register BF2 under their EA account and give that entire account this veteran status, the name registration thing was a good idea, but they mucked that up as well.

All pessimissium aside, I congratulate them for doing stuff like this, but doesn't mean they can get away with fudging it.

Last edited by Towelly (2006-10-13 12:02:19)

zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

I cant remeber whether I registered my nick or not. Cant seem to find a way to check. Tried it and the nick is in the database already.
Also once and for all, can you use the same nick in 2142 from bf2 ?

Also(2) They say you can create multiple soldiers for one accaunt. Will only one of those soldiers be a veteran ?
And can you register more nicks for one accaunt then ?
Dex Luther
+32|6408|Canukastan

zimmer92 wrote:

Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of signing up for the vet. program so that you get the name that you want?
explosivo
Banned
+262|6613
well o took Double_Helix
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6564|Iceland
My name is Ballz and I love it!
Dex Luther
+32|6408|Canukastan

explosivo wrote:

well o took Double_Helix
The underscore worked for you? It wouldn't let me use the name I reserved because it had an underscore in it.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6430
Fallschirmjager cant fit in 2142, so my name is Fallschirmjage......
TwistedX
Aviator
+26|6764|Oklahoma
I came to to one conclusion to the vet program...

(in-game loggin)
If it says your account is already in use, chances are it is already in use by YOU, AKA the veterans program. But it will not let you use it or activate it unit the full release of BF2142.

Witch i hope I'm right, otherwise I'm a Lil pissed

Last edited by TwistedX (2006-10-13 17:25:24)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard