LGRK2031
+5|6681|Germany

BobbyD. wrote:

sgt.sonner wrote:

.... Uzi?? somehow I dont believe you.
believe it or not but i also get trained on this old one, but during the last couple years it is mostly replaced by the MP. But there are still german troops who use it, like the MG from '43.

maybe i can find an pic of that in my archivs.
Sorry, now I have correct you m8. The MG from '43 is called MG43. The one u mean is the MG3 the improved version, but they look very similiar.
BobbyD.
+22|6605|Germany

LGRK2031 wrote:

BobbyD. wrote:

sgt.sonner wrote:

believe it or not but i also get trained on this old one, but during the last couple years it is mostly replaced by the MP. But there are still german troops who use it, like the MG from '43.

Sorry, now I have correct you m8. The MG from '43 is called MG43. The one u mean is the MG3 the improved version, but they look very similiar.
Thanks for correction, i know these fact too ( they only changed a spring in the breechblock i guess).
The comment was regarding some weired fact about the MG3 that where still in use.
I have heard about it from other who have served and have seen it by myself during my special trainings,
that on some older MG3 you can still see the old type designation on side of the weaponcase.
These old type designation is than write over with some crosses.

By the way, do you have served in our army?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6698|Tampa Bay Florida
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/spearhead14/g36enub.jpg
LGRK2031
+5|6681|Germany
Yep I did. I was with the 1./PzBtl. 84.
At that time the G36 was beginning to get issued to our armed forces.

I got trained on the G3, G36+P8 (pretty at the end of my service time),P1, UZI, MG3.....
During my time with the Hamburg Police Department also P6 (P226) and MP5.

Last edited by LGRK2031 (2006-10-12 10:09:32)

Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6703|UK
Wtf..
You guys make your own thread to talk about shit, all I wanted was a pic of a guy with a g36e
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6635|Warlord

Samtheman53 wrote:

seen as one of you tried to help me i got it myself

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7977 … 031uq9.png
Nice graphics. So that's what the uniform looks like! Maybe it would have been better taken from the other side though...

fatherted13 wrote:

hnk or lee enfield, make the best weapons in the world imho
Lee Enfield??? Not since they went to metal stampings and injection-moulded plastic! The SA80 is possibly the worst-made, least-reliable modern-day assault rifle serving with a major army.

You know a weapon is bad when even H&K can't improve it enough to make it worth keeping LOL

Last edited by Todd_Angelo (2006-10-13 03:10:47)

Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6557|EUtopia | Austria

fatherted13 wrote:

hnk or lee enfield, make the best weapons in the world imho
Steyr Mannlicher Firearms rule. H&K are pretty close, but Steyr has simply set standards for so many types of rifles that are in civil and military use. You may argue here, that they don't have the absolute top weapons today. Well, that's because they've been producing the Stg. 77 since 1977, and it's still accurate and reliable nonetheless.

Oh yeah - and how many rifles in the world can you name that will shoot through any modern APC? The IWS2000, for example will.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6698|Tampa Bay Florida
I've heard that the Lee Enfield was pretty good back in World War 2, maybe that's what he's talking about ...?
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6635|Warlord

Spearhead wrote:

I've heard that the Lee Enfield was pretty good back in World War 2, maybe that's what he's talking about ...?
And before that too (much the same in WWI).

The bolt-action Lee Enfield rifles like the SMLE are some of the finest rifles of their type every made (despite a theoretical weakness in the way the bolt locks) and if you get a good one it's perfectly capable of holding its own in contests shooting up to a mile.

A famed invitational match in the UK was won year after year by ex-service Lee Enfields of various vintages, a great many of them using peep sights instead of telescopic sights... quite something when you realise that the target had to be on a 7' x 4' piece of paper to be seen from the shooting point!
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6545|Search Whore killing fields

Twist wrote:

try www.militaryphotos.net You'll be able to find all sorts of picture crap there. For ingame screenshots. Just go to a karkand game and do a screenshot of the nearst person who isn't driving a tank !
http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/ … /untitled2

Even the army practices noob ejecting
Burks
+2|6651
That's modern whale hunting for you. Have to feed the crew somehow.
TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6541|Australia
here you go samtheman53. I had to brighten the image a bit.
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/SPG1991/BF22006-10-1323-40-49-73.jpg
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6653|Canada

LGRK2031 wrote:

BobbyD. wrote:

sgt.sonner wrote:

Just another correction lol its the MG42, not 43.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard