IRONCHEF
+385|6508|Northern California

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Deuceman wrote:

But it does nothing to change the valid argument I made that "i used non-us media sources" in discovering my "opinion" that "i don't know if Kim Jong Il is actually a madman because I've not met him."

That is your argument?  Please don't tell me you are serious about that.  Uh the sources posted weren't all US media sources.  Yeah we know who your non US sources are children.  Mine are from South Korean newsman.
IRONCHEF did the same thing when I told him that North Korea has a history of selling missiles to terrorist nations. His logic simply was "well, I haven't read about this yet, so it can't be true!"

Proof:

IRONCHEF wrote:

I'm sorry, I didn't read any articles lately saying that North Korea actually sold weapons or technology to anyone.  Did you read that or something?  or do you also not know what you're talking about?
nice little dance there pollux.  way to not let me down and prove my point further.  coward.

Oh yeah, admitting mistakes (as cited above) was a show of maturity last I checked.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6664

IRONCHEF wrote:

nice little dance there pollux.  way to not let me down and prove my point further.  coward.

Oh yeah, admitting mistakes (as cited above) was a show of maturity last I checked.
Yes that is a show of maturity. However, your consistent personal attacks are not.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-10-11 13:39:17)

IRONCHEF
lol, have a nice day pollux.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6824|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Let's stick to the topic at hand, shall we. If you feel compelled to start hurling insults and resorting to name calling, perhaps you would be better served if you took a step back and start...
a. Thinking about what is being written
b. Doing a little more homework on the subject

Further name calling will result in more than just a warning.
Deuceman
+1|6715
I can read.  What you don't seem to get through your dense head is that I am making fun of your non-us sources.  Your sources are kids who play an online game.  My sources are from news organizations and human right watch groups.  Sorry but if your opinion is based from kids playing a game.  Good luck in life. 

Anyone else want to back up Ironchef on his comment that he hasn't met Kim Jong Il so he doesn't know if he is a madman?
IRONCHEF

Deuceman wrote:

I can read.  What you don't seem to get through your dense head is that I am making fun of your non-us sources.  Your sources are kids who play an online game.  My sources are from news organizations and human right watch groups.  Sorry but if your opinion is based from kids playing a game.  Good luck in life. 

Anyone else want to back up Ironchef on his comment that he hasn't met Kim Jong Il so he doesn't know if he is a madman?
The kids I played lineage with were over 20, they have jobs, lives, and some have families and taught me some korean.  Also, not that you'd know, but those sources came both before, during and after bush named NK part of the Axis of Evil, and probably before your quoted articles were written. 

Sorry, but your assumption is based on ignorance.  You could have just asked me what i meant by lineage players.  I will have a nice life, thanks.

And on topic, I still believe that it's hypocritical that ANY country with nukes should deny another country.  THis doesn't mean that it's ok for any country to have them, it's just pointing out the hypocracy.  Ok?  If you don't understand this comment, don't flame and go crazy scouring google to prove me wrong. just say you don't understand or something. daaaaaum!
Deuceman
+1|6715
It's hypocrisy buddy that is how it spelled.  Shows your education level there with that.    So the Korea Times is trying to do a smear campaign on Kim Jong Il because of Bush's speech?  Same with Amnesty International?  Gotta love the psycho's out there.

And again my question to you oh bright one who doesn't know how to spell hypocrisy.  If you knew that your neighbor was a child molester would you let him work with kids? 

This guy has violated tons of human rights, and you think it's hypocritical that the world doesn't want him to have nuclear weapons?  Hahahahaha
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6560|Texas - Bigger than France

IRONCHEF wrote:

And on topic, I still believe that it's hypocritical that ANY country with nukes should deny another country.  THis doesn't mean that it's ok for any country to have them, it's just pointing out the hypocracy.  Ok?  If you don't understand this comment, don't flame and go crazy scouring google to prove me wrong. just say you don't understand or something. daaaaaum!
I believe your opinion should be reconsidered.  I do not like the fact that anyone, including the US has nuclear weapons.  Arguing proliferation does not decrease the number of nukes around.  Your argument is that everyone should have a nuke.
Deuceman
+1|6715

IRONCHEF wrote:

I've played Lineage for 5 years.  it's the most played game in the world (2 milion more than WOW) so that means most of south korean kids play this game more than anything else.  So I've known many south korean kids and have run game message boards and this topic has come up plenty.  But not once have they corroborated US claims of Kim Jong Il's psychotic behavior or his overly aggressive tendancies towards other nations.  They all hate him and think communism sucks and that his people need to be fed, but none of the lunacy that comes from us propaganda came out.
So your own Korean friends say that his people need to be fed.  Which means they are starving.  So that doesn't make you a madman then if you starve your people?  Wow I wonder what the standard is.  And yet even after having your Lineage friends tell you this, because you haven't met Kim Jong Il you don't know what kind of man he is.  Wow
jonsimon
+224|6513

Deuceman wrote:

Yeah, I've never heard any proof Kim is insane. Produce it if you have it, or stuff it.
IRONCHEF
Is there starving impoverished people in the US?  DO we hold people against their will without charge, basice human rights, and torture them?  Do we attack countries without reason?

Sure there's differences in these realities, so do we need to debate who is more of a madman then?  No.  Both Bush and Il are madmen.  One is on this side of the press, one is isolated on the other side of the press.  If you trust all the press you read, both national and international, then you are probably right in your opinion of Il's madness.  This however takes nothing away from my opinion that i got talking to other people who have given me a good impression of Il.  Also, since you assumed poorly, I never said my korean friends painted a rosy picture like your'e suggesting.  I believe I said they didn't like him and that he is bad.  They just never made mention that he's some lunatic.  THAT was the whole point of referencing my korean sources.  But you freaked out anyway and jumped to wrong conclusions.

But despite all this effort, you will still think that I like Kim Jong Il, that i'm some apologist for him when in reality, i'm just debating "hipocrisy."  (thanks for giving me the correct spelling.  posting on these forums without spell check has really dumbed me down.  if youwant, i can follow you around and point out where you misspell things?)
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6664

IRONCHEF wrote:

Is there starving impoverished people in the US?  DO we hold people against their will without charge, basice human rights, and torture them?
Do you realize that North Korea is one the largest human rights violators in the world? Yet somehow that puts them on the same level as the U.S. just because we, like any nation, have starving and impoverished people? The comparison you're attempting to draw isn't even close.
jarhedch
+12|6687|Aberdeen, Uk, SF Bay Area 1st

IRONCHEF wrote:

i'm just debating "hipocrisy."  (thanks for giving me the correct spelling.  posting on these forums without spell check has really dumbed me down.  if youwant, i can follow you around and point out where you misspell things?)
follow on, dude, (BTW, It's HYPOCRISY)
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6692|Canberra, AUS
Hm... have to side with the cons here.

The point that the US, UK, whoever has nukes is irrelevant. The DPRK's actions are still "deplorable" and should be condemned.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
IRONCHEF

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Is there starving impoverished people in the US?  DO we hold people against their will without charge, basice human rights, and torture them?
Do you realize that North Korea is one the largest human rights violators in the world? Yet somehow that puts them on the same level as the U.S. just because we, like any nation, have starving and impoverished people? The comparison you're attempting to draw isn't even close.
Agreed.  But have they invaded sovereign nations for political, financial, and ideolgistic reasons?  I just saw a count of 600,000 iraqi dead (huffington post).  It's an estimate based on interviews with 1800 iraqis so it's by no means conclusive.  But neither is the count given by the Iraqi government (who last month stopped giving out those numbers).

And if i may bring up Israel...who has more UN resolutions against it than any country has. 

Again, don't suggest that I'm justifying anything kim jong il is doing.  You don't need to tell me how conditions are in DPRK (not that you've been there), I can imagine.  And that doesn't have anything to do with if they should have nukes or not which is why i drew my comparison that you've disected.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2006-10-11 16:05:45)

IRONCHEF

jarhedch wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

i'm just debating "hipocrisy."  (thanks for giving me the correct spelling.  posting on these forums without spell check has really dumbed me down.  if youwant, i can follow you around and point out where you misspell things?)
follow on, dude, (BTW, It's HYPOCRISY)
Thanks.  I'm gonna go home tonight and teach my kids how to spell it because i just can't get it through my head.

h
y
p
o
c
r
i
s
y

Got it!  Thanks.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6567|Southeastern USA

Kmarion wrote:

I think I'll give my 5 year old nephew a case of beer, since I have one.
it'll help him sleep, if what happened when my brother stole my dad's beer is any indication
samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6569

kr@cker wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I think I'll give my 5 year old nephew a case of beer, since I have one.
it'll help him sleep, if what happened when my brother stole my dad's beer is any indication
Lol?
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6567|Southeastern USA
I was but a newbie at the time, but my older brother was about 4, my dad was working on his van (it was 1977, he had a boss 302, a waxed yosemite sam mustache, tight short sleeve shirt ala "The Eiger Sanction", and a fucking van, badass motherfucker), he set his beer inside the open back doors of the van and slid up underneath it, he hears "pat pat pat" and looks to see my bro running up to the back of the van and stops. knowing exactly what he's doing my dad comes out from under the van and runs around back to see that my bro had chugged about 2/3 a beer (not bad for a 4 year old). he takes him inside and tells my mom, who tries to feed him. he ends up covering her, himself, and the kitchen with spaghetti instead, so she takes him to give him a bath, and he promptly covers the bathroom in bathwater singing "i'm popeye the sailor man TOOT TOOT!!" they said he slept for about 6 hours, woke up long enough to eat, then was down for the rest of the night

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard