Nipr.[net]
+0|6774|Robins AFB, GA
Topic says it all.  Just curious about what my next unlock should be...There are hundreds of posts for every other weapon from SF.
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6728|'Ull, Yorkshire, England
Depends what you have unlocked so far, i would get them in this order.

F2000 - Very accurate, more powerful than the M16, and with a GL to take out light vehicles (as well as flashbangs)

G36E - A more accurate alternative to the very dissapointing L85, i've shot the L85 a lot and my shooting is a lot better than in this game

MG36 - Not as powerful as the PKM but has the option of a 3-rnd burst which is a lot better than full auto at range

MP7 - Reasonably accurate, resonably powerful and a dream to handle - why couldn't this have been the original AT primary?

SCAR-L - No improvement over the excellent G36C, definately the last thing i would unlock.

Hope this has helped
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
Just had a look at your BF2S profile and i would say without a doubt that you should get the F2000 (if you have bought special forces), if you like i can list you the full order of what i'd get and when. Also if you have got the Special Forces expansion you will get 2 unlocks (i think), i would use these to get the DAO-12 as well as the F2000.
Nipr.[net]
+0|6774|Robins AFB, GA
Thanks, guys.  I'm thinking I'm gonna break out the FN2000 and the G36E (I might even start playing medic again).  I can't say how dissappointed I was they didn't give a new weapon to the sniper class.  That'll be my next vanilla unlock, I think.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6760
MP7 is a FANTASTIC gun.  If you play Engineer for even a couple minutes, you NEED this gun.  Shottys can't hit crap if it isn't right in front of your face, but the MP7 is fast AND accurate.  I've used the semi-auto and killed a guy with 5 shots, while he was moving, and they all connected.  It's just a HUGE improvement in contrast to the shottys.
Sud
+0|6764
I know assaults that would love to have the G36E, but, full auto is nice for the armored close in battles. That is if they can give up the grenade launcher for 5 seconds.

MP7 probably last. An engineer that's on foot and not inside armor is likely a soon to be dead engineer.

Last edited by Sud (2005-12-12 12:44:21)

=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
I was incredibly annoyed to not have a new sniper rifle as well, i was hoping for a VSS Vintorez or an SR-25 (silenced snipers) but i was let down. I would definately get the MP7 before the SCAR-L but not before the others, the MK3A1 is perfectly adequate for when you have to hop out of your tank and slaughter all of the Spec-Ops who are trying to stick their C4 to you.
CackNBallz
+45|6759|Toronto, Canada
I don't know I still have a soft spot for shotguns.  Nothing beats blasting a squad with a DAO-12 or one-hit kills with the USMC or PLA pump action shotguns.

I do have to concede that the MP7 does kick ass.  A super fast firing rate and dead-on accuracy is a dream.  We may see a resurgence of engies in the ground pounding ranks that aren't vehicle monopolizers.
dop3man
I'm your pusher
+9|6753|yorkshire penisula
yes the mp7 is now one of my fav weapons,it seems perfect for the engineer.great up close allthough it only has a 20 round clip.its my next unlock for sure.cant wait to use it on kark/sharqi.
deffo made the engineer more usefull i think.its fun to use and if u need to abandon your vehicle or rush to cap/defend a flag it certainly does the job.
hope thats help'd a bit.id recommend using it on warlord if you can to try and such.
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
I hardly ever use vehicles as an engineer, i tend to just run around blasting everyone to pieces with my DAO-12 on Sharqi or Karkand, not worth the hassle you get from all the vehicle whores on Karkand. Nothing beats the satisfaction i got today of running into a squad of 3 guys, dropping them all in half a second, spinning round to find cover to reload and running into another guy (who i dropped with my last 2 shells) I also got my bronze and silver explosives badges on my first try with engineer (after struggling to get bronze with spec-ops for ages)
Sud
+0|6764
I hardly ever use vehicles as an engineer, i tend to just run around blasting everyone to pieces with my DAO-12 on Sharqi or Karkand
That's quite amusing considering DAO-12 is an Anti-Tank weapon
A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6756|Hamilton, Scotland

=FDX=VEga wrote:

Just had a look at your BF2S profile and i would say without a doubt that you should get the F2000 (if you have bought special forces), if you like i can list you the full order of what i'd get and when. Also if you have got the Special Forces expansion you will get 2 unlocks (i think), i would use these to get the DAO-12 as well as the F2000.
mmmm..... interesting, ive unlocked the F2000,G36E(cos im a gd medic, well ued to b) and the SCAR-L. i didnt c the pnt in unlocking the support or the engineer but i think im going 2 unlock the support next.
priznat
+0|6863

=FDX=VEga wrote:

I was incredibly annoyed to not have a new sniper rifle as well, i was hoping for a VSS Vintorez or an SR-25 (silenced snipers) but i was let down. I would definately get the MP7 before the SCAR-L but not before the others, the MK3A1 is perfectly adequate for when you have to hop out of your tank and slaughter all of the Spec-Ops who are trying to stick their C4 to you.
I was just thinking today why didn't they include the VSS in the SF unlocks.. I haven't bought it yet anyway though..

As for the Mp-7, it would be nice to have a different option of type of weapon for a class of player. Even the MP5 can occasionally be useful for AT (not very often, though) and it is nice to be able to switch from shotgun to SMG..

MP7 should have a really fast "pull out" time too, since they are pretty smallish.

I play engineer a lot and am looking forward to trying it out..
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
In reply to Suds highly productive post (don't you just love people who only find the time to criticise), i meant the MK3A1 - got mixed up and i apologise, please forgive me.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6733|Riva, MD
I find it strange that they went from a fairly large fully automatic shotgun (Jackhammer) to a little dinky thing like the MP7.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2005-12-12 20:15:35)

aTi|Sanders
Hold your Fire, I forgot my gun!
+0|6783
Hey Maverick.....Its fuckin awsome....come on our server and i will show you how good MP7 is....hehe. Wait havnt i already owned you enough with it?
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6745|Honolulu, HI
In other words, the MP7 kicks ass if your playing style is one of mid-range skirmishes rather than trench-clearing,  but if you play Engineer the way most people do (as an actual vehicle repairer, God forbid), then you'll likely find the shotguns more useful.  In the end it boils down to what you'd rather have: total pwnage at close range (but a complete lack of balls at distance), or a good chance at surviving mid-range prone duels.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6779

My Final Verdict:

The MP7 is a good, decent gun for engineering, but there's only a range improvement thus making the 'unlock' factor of it low. The shotties are good by themselves, the only reason for the MK3A1 is the Saiga.
Amwhere
+1|6781
Fine weapon (it's a pistol than can go full auto if needed), but wrong class.
YitEarp
+1|6741
but the mp7 is sooo good at rubbing noobs' faces in how much they suck.  not much more fun than running around on Night Flight or something pwning ppl left and right with that little pea shooter ^^
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6798

i play engineer most of the time (100+ hours) and i must say that the mp7 sucks balls.  sucks close range. sucks medium range.  sucks long range.  what are you guys smoking?  stick with shotguns cause you will at least dominate close range.
BeforeGod
+0|6831|British Columbia

CackNBallz wrote:

We may see a resurgence of engies in the ground pounding ranks that aren't vehicle monopolizers.
I was a ground pounding engineer before it was cool.

superfly_cox wrote:

i play engineer most of the time (100+ hours) and i must say that the mp7 sucks balls.  sucks close range. sucks medium range.  sucks long range.  what are you guys smoking?  stick with shotguns cause you will at least dominate close range.
Agreed! M1187 is absolutley incredible at short range and very underrated at medium range. So what if it can't hit long range, you have a pistol for a reason. The only time I might use a MP7 is if I need to be an engineer and I'm not a marine. Although generally if I'm on a team with bad shotguns I just go Spec Ops or Assualt. 

Still I'm thinking of getting MP7 just for the sake of getting it (I have the Jackhammer and I've never used it). The only classes I generally play aside from engy are Assault and Spec Ops. Since I have the F200 and I'm perfectly happy with the G36c I have two unlocks just sitting around.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard