[-DER-]Omega
+188|6827|Lithuania
I'm getting a very poor FPS in 2142 demo while using fraps. I usually get around 15-20 fps while recording. In BF2, I used to get at least 30-40. I have currently set fraps to: half size, 60 fps (max on my options panel).

Anyone have any tips as to how to increase FPS while using fraps?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

(System specs: pent 4 3.2 ghz proc, 1 gb ram, radeon 9800 pro vid card)
I run everything on medium with resolution at 1024x768

Thanks.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6821|Delaware
Turn the video settings down before you record anything.

End all unneeded processes.
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6668|Sydney, Australia
turn off anything in the background. Save the movie onto a sperate hard drive in raid configuration.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

This is where dual cores really excel and pull away from the crowd. I get 80's recording.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6702|New York
Use a program Called ATITrey tools. It has the same functions(and a ton more, Plus it has the FPS Built in all the time and its Not so bloated. If you download the Omega drivers for your card, And set them up with the performance settings when installing, you will get alot better performance. Make sure you use the ATItrey tool to make all adjustments to your cards settings. In the ATI options make sure the ATI icon is dissabled in the systen trey.

The omegas use the old style control panel and not that Bloated useless CCC control panel that ATI uses that makes your computer run slower than a snail.

Id post links, But google Omega drivers and go get them and Uninstall your crappy ATI drivers first.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Kmarion wrote:

This is where dual cores really excel and pull away from the crowd. I get 80's recording.
no doubt it makes a big impact all the way around .. but drive performance is probally most notable in fraps issues.1
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6827|Lithuania

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Use a program Called ATITrey tools. It has the same functions(and a ton more, Plus it has the FPS Built in all the time and its Not so bloated. If you download the Omega drivers for your card, And set them up with the performance settings when installing, you will get alot better performance. Make sure you use the ATItrey tool to make all adjustments to your cards settings. In the ATI options make sure the ATI icon is dissabled in the systen trey.

The omegas use the old style control panel and not that Bloated useless CCC control panel that ATI uses that makes your computer run slower than a snail.

Id post links, But google Omega drivers and go get them and Uninstall your crappy ATI drivers first.
I've done that before, and omega drivers had totally screwed up my BF2 and 2142.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
tupla_s
+455|6592|Finland

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

I have currently set fraps to: half size, 60 fps (max on my options panel).
You don't need to record 60fps, 25 is enough
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

jsnipy wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

no doubt it makes a big impact all the way around .. but drive performance is probally most notable in fraps issues.1
Having four gigs of ram probably helps that equation as well..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard