(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6513|Boise, Idaho

zimmer92 wrote:

G36-E and P90 - All the other ones are pretty useless, unless... you play engineer a lot.
ditto
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6709|Norcal, usa
mg36 and p90
Hollyhoodjoe
+1|6478|houston texas
id get the g36e and the p90. all depends on you.
ViCT0RI0US
Perfection
+26|6388|Qatar: Where The Players Play

Todd_Angelo wrote:

ViCT0RI0US wrote:

G36E and MG36... though you never shoulda unlocked EITHER Assault guns... M16/AK FTW!!! Your unlocks SHOULD read... G36C, MG36, M95(Screw the L96... It's a putrid gun), DAO-12, MP7. NOTHING else is worth unlocking.
ViC
First off, NOTHING else is worth unlocking other that those you listed? Pah. Each to his own.

And as for your in-depth analysis of the L96A1, this is obviously some definition of the word 'putrid' I wasn't previously aware of LOL

BTW, seeing as your player name is ViCT0RI0US don't you think a WLR higher than 1 would be a good idea? Or were you striving for irony?
No, I'm pretty sure the standard definition of 'Putrid' works, L96A1's are NO SKILL guns. And what difference does a critique on my WLR mean from a guy who's never broken 300 in a round. LMAO. And supposedly so, maybe my unlocks wouldn't work for you, but to be honest, I couldn't care less.
-ViC
-Edit- By the way, Cpt. Dictionary, a "victory" is not ALWAYS defined by a win or a loss. But I guess your Pseudointellectual babble isn't that... "in-depth"

Last edited by ViCT0RI0US (2006-10-10 17:53:03)

JaMDuDe
+69|6747
Get the g36e or scar-l. Im better than everyone here so take my advice. I know your thinking your better than me but keep dreaming you noobs.
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6447|San Diego, CA

elite.mafia wrote:

Unlocks are for WHORES. That said, G36 + SCAR-L would be my choice. The engineer class comes with a pump shotgun, what more do you need?!?!?! Oh and the pp-19 rapes any other AT weapon, so ignore the P90.
DaveOnrefni
+1|6616
For those who happened to say "Such and such sucks don't use it":
AT Case:  USMC and China don't get the PP-19
Sniper Case:  He'd want a bolt action sniper for MEC/PLA

That said, choose based on playstyle.  What kit do you enjoy or want to try out more? etc
ViCT0RI0US
Perfection

DaveOnrefni wrote:

For those who happened to say "Such and such sucks don't use it":
AT Case:  USMC and China don't get the PP-19
Sniper Case:  He'd want a bolt action sniper for MEC/PLA

That said, choose based on playstyle.  What kit do you enjoy or want to try out more? etc
An SVD and Type 88 are good guns... and the USMC AT gets an MP5, which is a pwner, and PLA gets something just like it.
-ViC

Last edited by ViCT0RI0US (2006-10-10 19:00:07)

PspRpg-7
-
+961|6667

that guy's stats wrote:

Armor      24:17:19      1,337      362      4.0691      136
Don't kill another soul in the tank.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6597|Warlord

elite.mafia wrote:

Unlocks are for WHORES.
Well the prostitute I visit regularly prefers the stock weapons but there you go

ViCT0RI0US wrote:

No, I'm pretty sure the standard definition of 'Putrid' works...
Hmm, well I've never personally noticed a smell of decomposition when using one, they're not depraved or evil and it's certainly not of low quality; that's a euphemistic use of the word and not a great one as it would generally imply that it's crap in some way, which is what I thought you meant.

ViCT0RI0US wrote:

...L96A1's are NO SKILL guns.
Very much the same could be said for the M24 since it's exactly as accurate. And once you get accustomed/reaccustomed to the scope you can do just as well with it almost all of the time, which is one reason I always use it now when it's available.

That same "gun X is crap because it's too good/accurate/powerful" blather isn't worth much since in any one category of weapons some are better than others and that includes one or two of the stock weapons. You want to make a case about no-skill guns but right there in your first post you list the G36C, G36E and the MG36? These are regularly said to be so accurate it's ridiculous.

ViCT0RI0US wrote:

And what difference does a critique on my WLR mean from a guy who's never broken 300 in a round. LMAO.
Nice try but there are plenty of waaay better players that either of us who don't have 300+ rounds.

Plus you got them on Karkand, and we all know just what a point-whoring map that can be, especially since for all we know you could have done it on a K&P server... say PISTOL KNIVES PREFERRED HEAVY CAV HOUSE OF PAIN II for example.

ViCT0RI0US wrote:

-Edit- By the way, Cpt. Dictionary, a "victory" is not ALWAYS defined by a win or a loss. But I guess your Pseudointellectual babble isn't that... "in-depth"
As far as the game is concerned victory means victory, i.e. winning, and there are no Pyrrhic victories in the stats. It don't mean high score, it doesn't mean best KDR, it isn't most revives, it means winning the round.

And besides, I was only ribbing you since WLR doesn't necessarily mean squat
JahManRed
wank
+646|6597|IRELAND

the p-90 AT gun. Cus the autoshotgun is good close in, but you are toast in open combat.
MrE`158
+103|6593
I've never understood the arguement that the PP-19 and the MP5 are "ownzors" compared to the P90.

Look at the stats of the weapons, people.  The P90 is the prime example of an unlock being CLEARLY BETTER than the stock weapons.  It's more accurate, it has a higher rate of fire and it has a larger magazine.  What the hell more do you want from a gun?  Better sights?  SURE!  Here, have a red-dot sight so you can see more of your target.

The only areas the P90 loses out in are draw time and reload time, and even then it's a matter of half-a-second or so, and those are some of the more irrelevent stats.  All the SMGs have the same damage, and the P90 is just better than the others in nearly every respect that counts.

That bullshit argument about the G36E, L96A1 and so on being "noob" guns because they're better is getting more and more ridiculous every time I see it.  Seriously, what the hell is the point? 

"I don't play with the weapons that are more accurate, because I'm a big man and want to challenge myself.  I'm not going to be a whore and take the advantage of having a better weapon.  Now, excuse me while I bunny-hop my way to the tank and TK the guy who's trying to take it so I can spawn-camp the alley."

The people who claim that the accurate unlocks are for "noobs" are the same people who then say that base-rape and spawn-camping are fine because "It's war, I'll take every advantage I can get"  Hypocritical bullshit!

Okay.  Rant over.  Sorry 'bout that.

To the OP:  As I said earlier, my choice would be the G36E (which you've taken) and the P90, since you're obviously not a keen engineer.  I'll say again, don't unlock the SCAR-L without testing it out extensively in SF (Navy Seal Spec-Ops, so Iron Gator etc. is the place to be).  It's a fickle weapon, with a particularly high recoil that takes a lot of getting used to.
ViCT0RI0US
Perfection

Todd_Angelo wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

Unlocks are for WHORES.
Well the prostitute I visit regularly prefers the stock weapons but there you go

ViCT0RI0US wrote:

No, I'm pretty sure the standard definition of 'Putrid' works...
Hmm, well I've never personally noticed a smell of decomposition when using one, they're not depraved or evil and it's certainly not of low quality; that's a euphemistic use of the word and not a great one as it would generally imply that it's crap in some way, which is what I thought you meant.

ViCT0RI0US wrote:

...L96A1's are NO SKILL guns.
Very much the same could be said for the M24 since it's exactly as accurate. And once you get accustomed/reaccustomed to the scope you can do just as well with it almost all of the time, which is one reason I always use it now when it's available.

That same "gun X is crap because it's too good/accurate/powerful" blather isn't worth much since in any one category of weapons some are better than others and that includes one or two of the stock weapons. You want to make a case about no-skill guns but right there in your first post you list the G36C, G36E and the MG36? These are regularly said to be so accurate it's ridiculous.

ViCT0RI0US wrote:

And what difference does a critique on my WLR mean from a guy who's never broken 300 in a round. LMAO.
Nice try but there are plenty of waaay better players that either of us who don't have 300+ rounds.

Plus you got them on Karkand, and we all know just what a point-whoring map that can be, especially since for all we know you could have done it on a K&P server... say PISTOL KNIVES PREFERRED HEAVY CAV HOUSE OF PAIN II for example.

ViCT0RI0US wrote:

As far as the game is concerned victory means victory, i.e. winning, and there are no Pyrrhic victories in the stats. It don't mean high score, it doesn't mean best KDR, it isn't most revives, it means winning the round.

And besides, I was only ribbing you since WLR doesn't necessarily mean squat
Actually, I got the 343 point round in a regular server, the 308 was in PK. I never said a word about ny gun being too good, All the other unlocks aren't worth the programming up against the Counterparts. Either that or they aren't fun to use, that's the object of the game isn't it? Fun? A G36C is a good gun, and my reasoning for the MG36 and G36E were because they were the best of WHAT WAS AVAILABLE . And the second listed definition of 'Putrid' was JUST fine. The L96 and M24 are lame because of thier inability as Bolt-Actions to put out aviators and helo pilots, and inferior in fire-speed to the SVD and Type 88. An L96 is depraved of many things, Speed and Skill being the two MAIN things. And a Victory is constituted by the individual, based on the achievement or lack thereof of the individual in any given aspect. Maybe you are referring to the black and white definition of 'victory', but I'm referring to the IDEA of a victory.
-ViC
I will end up unlocking the jackhammer once I get the next rank, but until then Im going to hold off and test out the scar a bit more, and maybe the p-90. 

While I do love playin engineer, its tough when the stock gun and the next unlock (jackhammer) are shottys...  which still leave you a sitting duck when faced in open combat...

But so far in SF I have been pretty damn good with the Scar, but with some of the comments of the other guys makes me second guess it in the long run...

AND TO THOSE WHO SAY>> DECIDE FOR YOURSELF!!!
So you're telling me you've never asked a parent, friend or anyone else their opinion on a purchase, be it a game, clothing, pens, skateboard, toothbruse.. etc.??  bullshit, we all have.. because you cant trust what commericials and media want you to believe, so you ask someone you trust.....   

Thats why I brought this thread up.  While I feel I'm damn better than alot of peeps, but I'm humbled enough to admit there are others that can kick my ass...   With that said, I trust the opinions of others on this site, and will take ALL considerations with making a choice..  Eventually I will have all the guns so there wont be an issue, but until then I wanted to hear what other gamers thought about these guns....

I'll see ya'll out there... o, and right on to MrE' 158 talking about the 'noob gun' talk....  use whatever gun you want.. and if there are people out there that feel they want more of a challenge, try using only a pistol...
DaBombadier
+8|6376|Sooooo coooold....Canada....

=RvE=kbgfighter wrote:

ehm P90 sucks... G36-E or MG36 is the best weapons
actually just about the MG36, it kinda sucks compared to the PKm cause PKM is same accuracy as Mg36 but takes only 3 shots to kill. Believe me i regret unlocking Mg36

Last edited by DaBombadier (2006-10-12 15:19:12)

jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6709|Norcal, usa

DaBombadier wrote:

=RvE=kbgfighter wrote:

actually just about the MG36, it kinda sucks compared to the PKm cause PKM is same accuracy as Mg36 but takes only 3 shots to kill. Believe me i regret unlocking Mg36
well, it's more accurate.
ViCT0RI0US
Perfection

jermyang wrote:

DaBombadier wrote:

=RvE=kbgfighter wrote:

well, it's more accurate.
It's not ore accurate, just has a faster rate of fire.
-ViC
Bevo
Nah
+718|6490|Austin, Texas
G36e, P90.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard