FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6701|Devon, England
ok, title was actually ment to be imageready help...

ok, does anyone know if there is a quick way to link all layers in Photoshop CS/the imageready that comes with photoshop cs?

cos i'm at the minute making a movie gif sig, and resizing is a bitch as i have to manually link all layers, and linking them is boring and time wasting.

so, does anyone know if there is a quicker way of doing this?

Last edited by FFLink13 (2006-10-10 14:42:25)

Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6543|Doncaster - UK
a bit confusing, but i think you want to apply a change in one frame across all frames?

Is so there is a right click option to 'match'  (i think)  then you can apply it to all frames before or after.

I hope this is helpful, and what you wanted.

Best of luck. 
Post again if 'this isn't the answer you were looking for.'  (typed in an Alec Guinness voice)
jsnipy
+3,276|6532|...

FFLink13 wrote:

ok, does anyone know if there is a quick way to link all layers in Photoshop CS/the imageready that comes with photoshop cs?

cos i'm at the minute making a movie gif sig, and resizing is a bitch as i have to manually link all layers, and linking them is boring and time wasting.

click the link icon on each layer then control+e ?

if you want to flatten Image->flatten layers
FFLink
There is.
https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/FFLink13/scrn38.jpg

ok, see the layer bit? yeh, i need a quicker way of linking all the layers together, rather than clicking each one, surely thre must be an easier way of doing this?
CITYHUNT3R
+15|6478|Winnipeg
If you want to resize it, just change the canvas/image size.

Image > Image Size or Canvas Size
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6753|Backward Ass Kansas
Look at the Layers Pallete - see the thing that looks like a chain link next to where the eyeball would be if the layer was visible? click that on each layer while on the layer you want them associated with.
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6622|balls
holy shit that looks like a huge file.  and i dont know if there is a way to link all with doing it on each individual layer.  sorry.  what's your animated sigs size?
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6849|Cheshire, UK
Yeah, I don't quite get what you're after.  You say you want to re-size but what re-size method are you using?
You can 'link' layers by dropping them into a common set (the little folder icon at the bottom of the layers palette).

If you say what the start state is and the desired end state (as well as how you currently get there) then we can probably be more specific.
HTH
FFLink
There is.

An Enlarged Liver wrote:

Look at the Layers Pallete - see the thing that looks like a chain link next to where the eyeball would be if the layer was visible? click that on each layer while on the layer you want them associated with.
ok, this is what i'm doing at the moment, but with 270 odd layers, it gets annoying.

surely there must be someway of linking them all via a button or something?
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6743|Oslo, Norway
Please say you did not make 103 layers manually but found another way, and tell me the other way
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663
There was a way.. but I forgot

If you can wait for another 4 and a half hours till I get home I'll look it up (PS classroom in a book ftw)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663
try shift-clicking, (click layer, hold shift, scroll, click other layer)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6743|Oslo, Norway
ok, sarge. I gotta go to school now...
Bernadictus
+1,055|6747

FFLink13 wrote:

Make a folder, drop all items in, select folder, press CTRL-T, resize, press enter twice, fin.

No linking stuff.

Linking stuff migt sound great, but it is your worst enemy when your project becomes complicated.
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6543|Doncaster - UK
Well it looks like the folder method is what you want, i will have to look at that myself, thanks Bernadictus.

Use the 'shift click first then click last' method mentioned above if you do want to link 270 layers though.

little hint, probably not great for 270 layers, but if you click ether the link or eye and hold and drag, it will select them without you actually having to click.  Useful for smaller numbers of layers.
FFLink
There is.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

try shift-clicking, (click layer, hold shift, scroll, click other layer)
cheers sarge, your a star

https://www.youthonline.ca/babysitting/starpadyellow.gif
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6731|Sydney, Australia

FFLink13 wrote:

cos i'm at the minute making a movie gif sig
Remember to keep it under 150Kb.
FFLink
There is.
well i'm obviously not going to put it in here am i?

150k...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard