Poll

Do you think the west will ever be attacked again?

Yes72%72% - 140
No7%7% - 14
Go fuck yourself20%20% - 39
Total: 193
jonsimon
+224|6505

USAFDude_1988 wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

[Project.D]-Demon wrote:

George W Bush is the Terrorest.
A very well informed and intelligent post, lots of facts.  I'm glad thats your opinion, you are free to it.  But you honestly sound like a moron.  Care to explain your views go ahead, but don't just flame and go away.
LoL.

I believe our greatest threat right now is a nuclear warhead from North Korea detonated a few hundred miles over the US. In my opinion, the devastation would be much greater than any direct nuclear attack on any US city. The EMP would knock out our whole command and control structure for weeks if not months. God knows how many bad guys would take advantage of this situation.
Korea doesn't have any incentive to attack us anyway. Nothing to gain and everything to lose.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6774|Dallas
I'm sure we will be attacked again.  The only question will be, by who?  Ourselves or some nut with a car bomb.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

The only reason Germany has not been attacked is because their intelligance networks foiled the plot. I agree the US presence in the world is huge, I am a big fan of leaving it all for the respective countries to sort it out, just don't bug the US when they don't. They can not have it both ways. They can not beg for help and handouts and expect the US to "mind its own business".

We all saw how Spain handled their terrorism, they fled, and succumbed to the terrorism. How proud all the liberals must be of them.
Number of terror attacks in Spain since Spain withdrew from that futile war? Zero. That's not to say that they won't get attacked again however.

You seem to suggest aid must be supplied to needy countries under certain conditions, i.e. if the US supplies aid they should not be expected to 'mind their own business' but to have a say in their affairs. Hardly the most selfless stance. The EU gives aid to all manner of countries relatively unconditionally. If someone is hostile to you then you can choose not to supply them with aid. It's really quite simple. Who's gonna bug the US if they don't sort out other countries shit? Not me, that's for sure.
No it is when the US gives aid to a country and the aid doesn't go to the intended people, but to the warlords or whoever is intercepting it. So yes, I think any country that gives to another should have control as to how their aid is distributed.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I've heard a lot of neo-cons going on about how 'we're fighting the terrorists over there rather than over here?', etc., etc. As such, they must assume terror attacks are unlikely ever to occur in the west again. Is that the case? They don't extend their logic over the fact that the 9/11 bombers were resident in the US for quite a while before the 9/11 attack and blended in relatively seamlessly and it would still be unbelievably easy for similar folk to sneak across the porous Mexican or Canadian borders to launch further attacks. The drive to commit such acts will also have increased as evidenced by the fully british muslims (born and bred) who have chosen to attack their own country out of sheer anger.
The usual three poll options have been made available.
I know more attacks are inevatible because there are too many terrorist lap dogs in America that are going to make sure we will never use every tool available to expose them. You yourself imply that they are already here, and i agree, however as long as the liberal element is toting the ACLU flag for "rights for everyone" including terrorists we will never win. I.E. We are not allowed to profile for the very people who are today carrying out such attacks. Too risky, we might hurt someones feelings.

Bottom line.....The liberals will make damn sure we are hit again.
Don't you have any thoguht that doesn't involve blaming liberals?  Why do you have to call terrorist lap dog to all liberals?  I hate terrorists and I'm liberal.  You are mixing things as always.  If anyone is making possible another attack is Bush.
I think it will happen again.  You can do nothing to stop it.  The more you fuck these terrorists, the more you will be hit then.  So, Bush unfriendly attitude with them is not keeping you safe at all.  It's a fact that these folks are making plans right now to hit the west again.
And yet, you don't want to do anything about it, except, understand them, and empathize with them.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I've heard a lot of neo-cons going on about how 'we're fighting the terrorists over there rather than over here?', etc., etc. As such, they must assume terror attacks are unlikely ever to occur in the west again. Is that the case? They don't extend their logic over the fact that the 9/11 bombers were resident in the US for quite a while before the 9/11 attack and blended in relatively seamlessly and it would still be unbelievably easy for similar folk to sneak across the porous Mexican or Canadian borders to launch further attacks. The drive to commit such acts will also have increased as evidenced by the fully british muslims (born and bred) who have chosen to attack their own country out of sheer anger.
The usual three poll options have been made available.
I know more attacks are inevatible because there are too many terrorist lap dogs in America that are going to make sure we will never use every tool available to expose them. You yourself imply that they are already here, and i agree, however as long as the liberal element is toting the ACLU flag for "rights for everyone" including terrorists we will never win. I.E. We are not allowed to profile for the very people who are today carrying out such attacks. Too risky, we might hurt someones feelings.

Bottom line.....The liberals will make damn sure we are hit again.
Much better after agreeing with you once this one is making me feel better. The main and only problem with profiling in "terrorist" attacks means that they can slip there tools onto an other person. Means if I'm standing there not really paying attention someone could switch bags and put their bomb in with my bag. I mean some things needs to be clear on that like strip search's and things within reason should be Profiled..  We will never win this battle anyway because in this world there'll be a pissed off group.
Great so instead of trying to do SOMETHING, lets do NOTHING....good stance.
Dersmikner
+147|6508|Texas
We'll be attacked again, and if it happens in Texas shit will get ugly down here. There will be reprisals, fair or not.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6755|The Island of Carls Jr.
I sAY eW shUd Kill aLl tHe TUrbaNheads B4 Htey bOmb us AgaIn.
The next attack would probly make us think like that, I heard Osama's making a grand-spanking new plan
and its gonna be more fabulous than ever!
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6654|Seattle, WA

jonsimon wrote:

Korea doesn't have any incentive to attack us anyway. Nothing to gain and everything to lose.
OMFG You actually said something I agree with.....holy shit the world is ending.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6654|Seattle, WA

CameronPoe wrote:

I actually really want to go to Iran on holidayme thing happened with Iraq - I wanted to go there

Incidentally I'm trying to organise a long weekend in Istanbul ........ Cuba:

pics you'll find my Israel/Palestine/Jordan photos here>>
OMG Cam, what do you do when YOU aren't in your home country.  Seriously you are always travelling.  How do you make the time!?!?!?
phnxfrhwk
+14|6682|Just outside of baltimore, Md.
Oh absolutely the west will be attacked again. Sure we have increased homeland security. I know I feel much safer with numbnuts, with a TSA badge, listening to his IPod and reading a magazine. So far all I see is complacency happening. And in the end it will be somebody who has been here for a while and gathering little bits and pieces here and there, until they have everything in place and boom, once again terror strikes.
Budo7
+2|6782
There is no way to win a limited war, the West needs to crush any and all of those who would attack us, or expect this crap to go on forever. Real simple. Not trying to be a prick, but we are not trying to do anything to them, but buy oil. If some of their citizen wish to become more like the west, why should they not be allowed to. Religions change, as do people. So the west is now the Great Satan? please tell me how? Would love to get a answer on that.
Sheep of War
+40|6653
....will ever be attacked again? Ever as in FORever? Who knows. What I can tell you that the US will be attacked if we see the need to have a war with Iran.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6839
Well the last lot were British born, so chances are there are some equally annoyed US muslims with access to big guns.....
Dersmikner
+147|6508|Texas
I went to Cuba. It's a shithole. I was there during the Elian Gonzales thing and there were 100,000 people (myself included) watching Castro speak and they were holding signs that said shit like "Death to Capitalism" and "America will pay" and the VERY PEOPLE holding the signs would ask me things like "can you get a note to my brother in Atlanta" or "can you take my baby to America".

I asked them about the signs they were holding and it was a pat answer; "If we don't, we lose our jobs and out housing."

There was a lesbian couple in the building next to my hotel and they lived in separate places, saw each other only under cover of darkness, and couldn't tell anyone they were gay. Unreal.

I went there thinking "maybe I'm off my Reaganite rocker and my hippy friends are right and the American pig dog capitalists are ruining the Utopia that is Cuba, and Castro is right."

I can tell you after having been there that such is not the case. That whole system is bullshit.

I was at the 6th game of tghe cuban World Series between the Industriales and Metropolitans and it was only one Cuban DIME to get in. Well, nobody had a fucking dime so they rioted at the gates until they opened them and let people in for free.

I was fleeced by the police TWICE.

I'll wait for capitalism before returning. That whole political/economic system blows, and I've been there myself and can tell you first hand.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6559|Southeastern USA
you should really quit putting that last option in your polls......I find myself giving in more and more often.

I am under no illusion that any infidel nation will ever be 100 percent safe, but I'm not really into the whole "sit on our ass and let them attack" school of thought either

and coke kicks pepsi's ass
James-m
+28|6559|England

CameronPoe wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

What's your definition of west? Mine would be western from Western Europe to the US, how about you?
West for me = Europe, USA, Canada, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
arent these countries a little spaced out to be generalised as the west? youve picked countries that are half way around the world in 3 different locations.....? how old are you?
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6558|USA bitches!
I think it's unavoidable. Hopefully they won't go nuclear, because we'll just retaliate with a force nobody has ever seen, and that's something I don't want to see. I want a fucking future where I can watch my kids grow up and lead normal lives. If this shit goes nuclear, we're going to be in a true world war... the war to end all wars.
Deadman
+34|6452|England
It doesn't matter how many times we get attacked, It changes nothing.
IRONCHEF
+385|6501|Northern California

Deadman wrote:

It changes everything.  Where will we bury our dead?  How do we respond?  What oversight needs to occur?  Why?  Will we be more afraid?  Will we jeopardize our constitution for security?  Should we move to a different country?

The more and more we're attacked, the more we'll get used to it.  Soon we'll be in the Israel/Palestine cycle where you numbly go about in a retaliation cycle of destruction without prejudice.  Luckily we're just noobs at being attacked and we still have most of the options at the table, despite what certain leaders try to limit us with.
JaMDuDe
+69|6787
America is invincible. We cant be attacked again.
IRONCHEF

JaMDuDe wrote:

America is invincible. We cant be attacked again.
lol, tru.dat baby, tru.dat

what's funny, yet sad is that there's people reading this right now, in this very forum who actually think that!  they think we're tying up the turrrists "over there" so we don't face them over here! hmmmmm....
chuuby
+19|6628
i think in the near future 2-5 yrs there will be another one and it will be far worse than 9/11.
IRONCHEF
I'm thinking that the date for something big happening here is growing closer and closer every day we continue our "world carnage" campaign.  If you think about it, we're pissing off new and excited new people every day by killing their loved ones and oppressing others!  This fact would then serve as a renewed committment to advance any such attacks and it will spawn new attack planning.  Right now there's commanders zooming in on our uncapped asses just waiting until their arty is ready.
jonsimon
+224|6505
Trust me, if anything happens, it will be soon before, or after, presidential elections.
Deadman
+34|6452|England

IRONCHEF wrote:

Deadman wrote:

It changes everything.  Where will we bury our dead?  How do we respond?  What oversight needs to occur?  Why?  Will we be more afraid?  Will we jeopardize our constitution for security?  Should we move to a different country?

The more and more we're attacked, the more we'll get used to it.  Soon we'll be in the Israel/Palestine cycle where you numbly go about in a retaliation cycle of destruction without prejudice.  Luckily we're just noobs at being attacked and we still have most of the options at the table, despite what certain leaders try to limit us with.
It will never change the unacceptable differences between the west and the middle east. It would be in everyones interest if the two worlds were never to mix.
And you do not get used to being attacked, every time you do get attacked, your weaknesses have been exposed so you should do something about it to avoid it happening again, thus becoming stronger and safer (we hope).
Our views of life and their views of life will never change, the religious differences are vast and incompatible and neither side will ever be prepared to change or accept the other. Each to their own i guess, so lets keep apart.
That what I was meaning bro.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard