twiistaaa
+87|6699|mexico
i havent played 2142 demo yet (cant find servers, someone let us know what the problem is ) but i just have this feeling that 2142 is going to be a backwards step and a new bf3 modern combat will take its place, with a new engine due to the popularity of bf2. now im only speculating here, who knows what will happen but i think the odds are good. if it does happen will it be brought out nearly a year later like 2142, is it already in the works or will they take their time to produce it?

Last edited by twiistaaa (2006-10-10 03:55:11)

BattlefieldMedic
+25|6631|Sydney City, THE city.
Where do you live man, Solomon Islands or something? Im Aussie, and there are 2142 servers bloody everywhere. Go Internode, they've got three or something.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6730|MoVal So-Cal
In my personal opinion DICE has milked the franchise dry. I dont see anything that can be a new MAJOR conflict
WW2: done
Vietnam: done
Modern: done
Future: done
Korea is too clase to the others to make it a valid choice. I'm going to guess that after 2142 they are going to start making Ballefield games with different liscences. Or they can make something else and show us all what a one-trick pony they really are.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6611|Melbourne, Australia.

Pernicious544 wrote:

Or they can make something else and show us all what a one-trick pony they really are.
WW1: not done
1542: not done
0014: not done (jesus vs rest, 64 player jerusalem server, damn crucifix whores)

Make something else? they make the majority of sporting games out there..
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6610|England

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

Or they can make something else and show us all what a one-trick pony they really are.
WW1: not done
1542: not done
0014: not done (jesus vs rest, 64 player jerusalem server, damn crucifix whores)

loooooooooooooooool at the 0014
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6597|NYC / Hamburg

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

hahaha. +1
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6568|Internetfitlerland

Perhaps like in Family Guy, Jesus vs the Romans (with AK-47's).  Yes it will be interesting to see what they do next.  Perhaps something like what they did with BF2, its modern, but a year or two ahead with a semi made up conflict.
INDREKK367
+10|6517
It all starts over again: Battlefield 3 (WWII or WWI), then comes Battlefield 3: Modern combat + some ex. packs and then some future thing. All on the new engine.

What's the point of changeing if it sells?

Last edited by INDREKK367 (2006-10-10 04:38:40)

ssonrats
+221|6675
It needs: new maps, new guns, new engine, new armies, better gfx and above all it needs to have the good ol' bf2 gameplay we used to love.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6568|Internetfitlerland

Keyword there. 

ssonrats wrote:

we used to love.
I'll get over it soon.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6672|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
bf2 is old now.
whiners killed it.

nerfed everything.

congrats to the nubs.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6672|can

spawnofthemist wrote:

bf2 is old now.
whiners killed it.

nerfed everything.

congrats to the nubs.
BF2142 is already nerfed.
Zukabazuka
+23|6715
No it was because you guys used bunny jump to the limit and even more, that's why they took away it. Squad jump was taken away because everyone was using it instead of being in a squad with only 1 leader.

The game was ment to a bit realistic and when half the games come from CS and UT they think bunny jump is normal.
spawnofthemist
Banned
Zukabazuka i bet you're one of the types who complained about the AA being underpowered, the blackhawk guns being too powerful, dolphin diving, c4 throwing, suicide jeeps, GL's.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin

Zukabazuka wrote:

No it was because you guys used bunny jump to the limit and even more, that's why they took away it. Squad jump was taken away because everyone was using it instead of being in a squad with only 1 leader.

The game was ment to a bit realistic and when half the games come from CS and UT they think bunny jump is normal.
If you want realism go play America's Army.

If bf2 was real,

-Planes would be shot down with 1 missile
-Players wouldn't be magically revived/healed
-Support packs would weigh tonnes each, as they even refil tank shells (I think?)
-When close to a wall and prone, you wouldn't be able to magicllay turn around 360 degrees, with your feet going into the wall.
-Going prone and standing up would take alot more time
-Planes wouldnt magically reload/repair when driving over the airfield
-A single wrench wouldn;t repair everything
-Claymores would have more than a mile blast radius
-F35's would own the complete and utter fucking shit out of anything short of a nuke
-You wouldn't magically be outside the tank and then get inside with the touch of a button, and no visible doors etc. Same with choppers/jets
-C4s could be thrown like tennis balls
-You wouldn't magically re-incarnate after 15 seconds
-In turning like you would in bf2 jets, flipping and stuff, you'd blackout in real life = death.
-Entire kits wouldn't magically drop when someone dies, with no animation of the person putting on their kits clothes, etc. You would have to physically strip the person to make it like bf2 does.

Could think of lots more...

You want realism, join the army.

Last edited by -[Silver.Inc* (2006-10-10 05:30:08)

straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6565|Edmonton Alberta
i just hate that they screwed up prone to stand/crouch it just feels so sketchy now...... i never played before 1.22 so i never really seen the wild bunny hoppers... and squad hopping dammit i want squad hopping back!!!!!!

Last edited by straz_mataz (2006-10-10 05:28:18)

spawnofthemist
Banned

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

-F35s would be better
don't you mean

"F35's would own the complete and utter fucking shit out of anything short of a nuke"

?
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
Read again
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6565|Edmonton Alberta
and if this game was more realostic theres no way a t-90 could kill an abrams

Last edited by straz_mataz (2006-10-10 05:30:14)

spawnofthemist
Banned

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Read again
lolz
MumboJumboMike
+0|6676|Skövde, Sweden
Back on topic, will BF3 happen?

Yeah I believe it will or Dice is working on another big project, this is from PC-Gamer Sweden:

"Battlefield 3? Rumors are many around the Battlefield franchise future. Many people don't believe 2142 to be a real successor, and are expecting work being done on the REAL number three behind the scenes. After a visit at DICE offices we confirm that large areas were strictly forbidden for us journalists and according to Marcus Nilsson the development team for 2142 only consisted of 80 people, of the company's total of 200. What are the other 120 doing??"

(My own translation, not to be regarded as correct!)

If DICE isn't going back to pinball games this might be a clue?
spawnofthemist
Banned

MumboJumboMike wrote:

Back on topic, will BF3 happen?
on topic?!!! are you MAD!?
13rin
+977|6509

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

The game was meant to a bit realistic and when half the games come from CS and UT they think bunny jump is normal.
If you want realism go play America's Army.

If bf2 was real,

-Planes would be shot down with 1 missile
-Players wouldn't be magically revived/healed
-Support packs would weigh tonnes each, as they .............
............in real life = death.
-Entire kits wouldn't magically drop when someone dies, with no animation of the person putting on their kits clothes, etc. You would have to physically strip the person to make it like bf2 does.

Could think of lots more...

-Civilians running around.
-Insurgents dressed like civilians
-Bodies and bullet holes wouldn't disappear
-Couldn't jump that high
-walls wouldn't be indestructible
-The M1A1 would be able to simultaneously target 2 enemies.
-Night Vision in SF would be much better. 
-Power lines would bring down helis
-Parachutes wouldn't be solid
-Players wouldn't have parachutes and use them multiple times.
-All weapons would be much more powerful
-No blood or guts/body parts
-You would be able to talk to people around you, not just those in your squad
-You wouldn't be able to lone wolf it. (planned patrols/missions)
-Zip lines are unrealistic

Thats enough for me

You want realism, join the army.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6525|Sydney, Australia
Personally I think to keep the franchise fresh they're going to have to redesign the engine and the game focus of BF3. BF2 is multiplayer based, with virtually no singleplayer incentives except to practise for multiplayer. So my guess is that for BF3 they'll implement some scenarios like in Ghost Recon, have some indoor fighting like in CS, and might scale down the scope to SWAT or Special Forces, rather than armies.

Maybe BF3, if it comes out, will turn down the supernatural/fantasy road like Rise of Legends and FEAR.
alpinestar
+304|6626|New York City baby.
Agree, EA always moved backwards ever since the first patch for bf2 came out. Guess what commander car hack is back in 1.4

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard