Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6597|Your attic
I disagree with you, personally I can't get along with the L85, however better than some other guide type posts I've read recently so;

+1
mecky
+3|6440|Perth, Australia
ah....the l85....finally some recongition
+1
CackNBallz
+45|6749|Toronto, Canada
Another bonus is if you hit someone in the head, it is a one shot one kill weapon.
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6717|austria
while i worked for expert medic i used that gun allot!  accurate, nice sound and the scope rocks!
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
The_Jester
+52|6498|Italy
72,000 kills with assault rifles...that's twice the population of my town
Slickfish
+24|6630
If Im MEC I use the AK101, PLA or USMC I use the L85A1.
Once you get used to it the L85 is brill, as said alot, for headshots its great.

Im over 180hr's medic and I love it!!!.

Last edited by Slickfish (2006-10-09 05:16:42)

Rogue_Delta
+6|6462
I used to go with the L85A1 a long time ago. then I got the G36E and that was love at first sight. I do go AK101 every now and then but never really got into using that weapon. I guess I will give the L85A1 another try though, cause you make that weapon sound real good.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6533|Singapore

DivineMomentofTruth wrote:

Note: this example is the technique to be used against a running or standing target a close quarters.

Once again, unzoomed, direct the first bullet of the burst towards the opponent's torso area. Now if you pull your aim up barely to the guy's neck/chest area right after releasing the burst, your second shot should him in the head, doing immense damage. Now your third and fourth shots may have hit the body at some place and usually this is enough for the kill. However in the case of armored targets you have the option of either: desperately trying to land another burst by continuing into a spray, or making your initial burst a bit tigher and pausing for a fraction of a moment to acquire accuracy and rebursting.

Now considering what can be done with this gun at the moment, I think it will no longer be even a question as to which gun will be better after the patch. Since they will be improving the L85's accuracy(meaning that most likely the deviation added per shot will go down), it will have an even tighter cone of fire which will enable players who already know how to use it to utterly dominate. And thats all...
wow...thats some research and knownledge.... +1
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6636|Tasmania
Threadstarter doesn't even have his basic command badge.

Massive props to you for not being a medal whore and simply playing the game to enjoy it.
GermanLegionaire
...performing headshots!
+46|6591|Hamburg / Germany

w00stafa wrote:

Good points, +1 is in the mail.
The same can be said about any assault rifle though; in the right hands it's the "best" weapon for that person, from the times i've had the "wtf that come from" death from the l85, i'd guess it was user friendly, but if you know your weapon well enough, e.g bullet drop on m24/where to aim ironsight (ew) on ak101 then any assault rifle/weapon will be best.

Quick side note - anyone else reckon the m16 has been secretly nerfed???
I felt the same about the m16.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6697|Devon, England
LOL

i fell off my desk reading that, omg i wish i was being recorded. would have got monay off of you've been framed or something... (my armw as leaning on it and it slipped off, i hit my face and laughed)

anyway, well said. i also prefer the l85 over the g36e, but i'm afraid i also love the base weapons.

i also get pissed when i'm killed in one hit by the l85, so i also know it is a good gun.

well said, have a +1
soad1583
+1|6640
My question to the original poster is why do you state that the L85 is the best assault rifle in the game in one paragraph..

I find it very upsetting that no one has even tried to make a case for possibly THE MOST underated gun: the l85. Whenever I play medic which is 95% of the time, I choose the l85 95% of the time. Why you might ask? Quite simply because it is the best assault rifle in the game.
and then in another you basically say it's not as good as the G36E...

Now I'm not here to argue that the l85 owns the G36E because it doesn't...

Now the biggest criticism of the l85 has to be its close range capability. While I will say it isnt as good as the G36E in the area, once again it CAN be effective.
I'm just a little confused on which gun you think is the better assault rifle since you obviously stated both are better then the other.  Maybe they are both the best assault rifles?  Couldn't go wrong with either perhaps.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6816|Marathon, Florida Keys
ya the l85 is kickass
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6448
Here's some clarification as far as which rifle I thought was the best at the time and which rifle I think is the best now. At the time that post was written, the L85 was not a one shot kill to the head, so I felt that one could definitely make good arguments for both the L85 and the G36E. The reason I said the L85 was the best at the beginning was because it was mainly my opinion and based mostly off of style. Since that change however, I can now state with confidence that the L85 is theoretically the best rifle in the game. This conclusion is drawn from the advantages mentioned in the post amplified by the increase in damage. The potential of this gun is now utterly amazing. Once you learn every one of its little quirks and how/when/which type of burst to use, it is almost too easy. Now combine that with quick reflexes of an experienced FPSer and you have an almost bot-like ability.

As an example of this potential, I can retell you the story behind my first 31 kill spree. I achieved that spree in the first 9 minutes or so of a full 64 player Karkand round. Let me tell you this was before IO, so this isn't as easy as you think. As a MEC squad leader I rapidly pushed through the initial wave of grenade tossing players coming down the hill at the closest USMC uncap. I climbed the steep hill closest to the uncap and fought off players who were sniping there as well raining nades down towards the hotel. After killing a couple of spawn waves that tried to regain the hill, my squad began spawning, healing and supplying me with ammo. I moved closer to the edge of the hill and began killing the players as they spawned with the support of my squad. After taking down quite a few spawners, we unleashed a furious retaliation of incredible proportion. It was as if the entire USMC team was bent on clearing the hill of our presence. This is when my squad couldn't keep up with the size and breadth of their attack. As they moved to flank us from several directions I rapidly began a retreat and used every favorable piece of terrain on that hill to take out any nade tossers and keep tossing medpacks to my squad.

Things got very ugly when 2 apcs quickly appeared over the horizon, they rapidly swept through my squad taking every one of them as I scrambled the the back edge of the hill from whence I came. With alot of luck, I escaped their notice and watched them thunder on to capture our rear bases. The enemy infantry came charging past me blindly thinking that every one of us was killed in the onslaught. I then resumed my riflework and soon had taken out alot of enemies. My squad respawned and provided me with enough ammo and medpacks to survive to 31 kills, after which my squad and I were killed by a hail of grenades.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

Me [Artillery] DivineMomentofTruth
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6651|Ohio
Yup, ive always been an L85 fan, made 2 videos. The second one is better. But i also prefer the AK when I can get hold of it.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6530|Little blue planet, milky way
Agree... L85 is totally cool if you know how to use it. Unfortunately most people prefer the G36E because of the less steep learning curve. It's just point and shoot, not much to learn.

Personally, I love the L85, but unlike you I never keep the gun ON full auto. By simply pressing the firebutton repeatedly, I achieve the same end results, but the deviation is much less. I generally do this for all weapons that will allow single fire. But that's just because I'm used to being a human autofire.
That being said... I dont use the medic all that much since.... Oh well, almost 8-10 months I'd say. But I'll be whoring some points in the near future... There's a LONG time to a level up for me I'm afraid.
Phrozenbot
+632|6622|do not disturb

Gay hip shots. Oh well, a few shots from any medic gun is enough to crush a man's chest cavity.
G916F9
+1|6545
There are three types of way to use L85A1

1.Always on full auto

2.Always on single shot

(you know the third way)

both ways are pretty efficient, but I seem to like the first one better

click your own single shots when on full auto

(sometimes it will sound like you have shot two bullets, but there was only one bullet shot)

----------------

L85A1 isn't as superior as AK101 in CQC

The only way would probably be "dive and shoot"

My weapon of choice would lay between AK101 and L85A1(M16 maybe)

---------------------

DivineMomentofTruth, Make a Video!!!(in first person)

The fastest way of "proving" L85A1 is the "best" Assault Rifle      lol

Last edited by G916F9 (2006-10-10 05:16:12)

explosivo
Banned
+262|6650
i allways use the ak101 or the m16 while playing medic but i think i'll try the l85 now and see for myself.
soad1583
+1|6640
Ever since first reading your original post I've started using the L85 just to test it out for myself and I have to agree with you that it is the best rifle in the game.  It is insanely easy to kill at any range and I get so many 1 hit kills it's not even funny.  Thanks for creating this post as I probably wouldn't have bothered to try the L85 if I had not read it.  +1
SGT.Slayero
+98|6472|Life in a vacuum sucks

The_Jester wrote:

72,000 kills with assault rifles...that's twice the population of my town
lol
DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6448
I really would make a first person movie of my L85 in action, however I have mid/low end system and I have trouble running bf2 with decent settings as is. Recording with fraps while ingame kills my already low fps.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

I'll still take the G36e over the L85 any day of the week.  Too much potential.  The L85 is good in certain situations, the G36e is solid in all situations.  But in the end, its all about what you feel comfortable with.
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6484|San Diego, CA
I still cant hit shit with that weapon, no matter how hard I try.  But I still prefer the stock over l85 anyday.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard