usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6804

"This Letter of Apology"

was written by Lieutenant General Chuck Pitman, US Marine Corps, Retired:   

For good and ill, the Iraqi prisoner abuse mess will remain an issue. On the one hand, right thinking Americans will abhor the stupidity of the actions while on the other hand, political glee will take control and fashion this minor event into some modern day massacre.

I humbly offer my opinion here:   

I am sorry that the last seven times we Americans took up arms and sacrificed the blood of our youth, it was in the defense of Muslims ( Bosnia , Kosovo, Gulf War 1, Kuwait , etc.)

I am sorry that no such call for an apology upon the extremists came after 9/11.

I am sorry that all of the murderers on 9/11 were Islamic Arabs.

I am sorry that most Arabs and Muslims have to live in squalor under savage dictatorships.

I am sorry that their leaders squander their wealth.

I am sorry that their governments breed hate for the US in their religious schools, mosques, and government-controlled media.

I am sorry that Yassar Arafat was kicked out of every Arab country and high-jacked the Palestinian "cause."

I am sorry that no other Arab country will take in or offer more than a token amount of financial help to those same Palestinians.

I am sorry that the U.S.A. has to step in and be the biggest financial supporter of poverty stricken Arabs while the insanely wealthy Arabs blame the USA for all their problems.

I am sorry that our own left wing, our media, and our own brainwashed masses do not understand any of this (from the misleading vocal elements of our society like radical professors, CNN and the NY TIMES).

I am sorry the United Nations scammed the poor people of Iraq out of the "food for oil" money so they could get rich while the common folk suffered.

I am sorry that some Arab governments pay the families of homicide bombers upon their death.

I am sorry that those same bombers are brainwashed thinking they will receive 72 virgins in "paradise."

I am sorry that the homicide bombers think pregnant women, babies, children, the elderly and other noncombatant civilians are legitimate targets.

I am sorry that our troops die to free more Arabs from the gang rape rooms and the filling of mass graves of dissidents of their own making.

I am sorry that Muslim extremists have killed more Arabs than any other group.

I am sorry that foreign trained terrorists are trying to seize control of Iraq and return it to a terrorist state.

I am sorry we don't drop a few dozen Daisy cutters on Fallujah.

I am sorry every time terrorists hide they find a convenient "Holy Site."

I am sorry they didn't apologize for driving a jet into the World Trade Center that collapsed and severely damaged Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church - one of our Holy Sites.

I am sorry they didn't apologize for flight 93 and 175, the USS Cole, the embassy bombings, the murders and beheadings of Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl, etc....etc!

I am sorry Michael Moore is American; he could feed a medium sized village in Africa .

America will get past this latest absurdity. We will punish those responsible because that is what we do.

We hang out our dirty laundry for the entire world to see. We move on. That's one of the reasons we are hated so much. We don't hide this stuff like all those Arab countries that are now demanding an apology.

Deep down inside, when most Americans saw this reported in the news, we were like - so what? We lost hundreds and made fun of a few prisoners. Sure, it was wrong, sure, it dramatically hurts our cause, but until captured we were trying to kill these same prisoners. Now we're supposed to wring our hands because a few were humiliated?

Our compassion is tempered with the vivid memories of our own people killed, mutilated and burnt amongst a joyous crowd of celebrating Fallujahans.

If you want an apology from this American, you're going to have a long wait!  You have a better chance of finding those seventy-two virgins.

Chuck Pitman

Lieutenant General, USMC
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6759
/Win
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6641|Cheshire. UK
Felt by UK forces too...
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6687|Ohio
Hes exactly right.
I2elik
+12|6795|Perth, Western Australia
Oh woe is the human race, believing in deities and faith, we'd be alot better off with out the idea of holy wars and crusades, but then again, I'm agnostic, I don't rule out the possibility.

On another note, great post, there are quite alot of people who don't seem to realise that the US does try to help, even if it does mean collateral damage, just needs a few more kinks in the system worked out (such as dodgy construction in buildings by American construction companies, I mean, sewerage leaking from the ceiling? Not right mate), other than that, and a large amount of ignorant fools who believe a God would support mass slaughter of innocents (I'm talking on both sides of the spectrum as such here, it's probably partly payback on the western world for the crusades, though Islam Extremists take it to a new extreme)

Perhaps a little more focus on the slaughters in places such as Africa and other countries in Middle East would be a more "internationally acceptable" move, maybe to show that men can be greed and saviours at the same time.

BTW: +1 for your post.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6835

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that foreign trained terrorists are trying to seize control of Iraq and return it to a terrorist state.

Lieutenant General, USMC
So when was it a terrorist state before?  It was an aggressive state under Saddam but he abhored terrorists.  Still, I guess even the USMC can't be right all the time.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6804

aardfrith wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Lieutenant General, USMC
So when was it a terrorist state before?  It was an aggressive state under Saddam but he abhored terrorists.  Still, I guess even the USMC can't be right all the time.
Maybe we consider rape rooms, torture rooms, and ethnic cleansing a form of terrorism.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6759

usmarine2005 wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Lieutenant General, USMC
Maybe we consider rape rooms, torture rooms, and ethnic cleansing a form of terrorism.
Not to mention gasing your own people.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6687|Camoran's Paradise
Great post.  I feel the same way about all of those.  Muslim extremist put a bad stain on the already tarnished human race.  Worst of all, they give Muslims a bad name (largely thanks to the US media).  Even better is that those extremists are sparking 'Christian extremists'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_EKHK1C2IE...sad.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6835

usmarine2005 wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Lieutenant General, USMC
If you want to consider torture a form of terrorism then by all means, do it.  The US under George Bush used/uses(?) torture so the US is a terrorist state, no?

Rape is a crime and should be treated as such.  Ethnic cleansing?  That's bad too but is it terrorism?  Very probably.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6633|Reisterstown, MD

God I love being a Marine.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6804

aardfrith wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

If you want to consider torture a form of terrorism then by all means, do it.  The US under George Bush used/uses(?) torture so the US is a terrorist state, no?

Rape is a crime and should be treated as such.  Ethnic cleansing?  That's bad too but is it terrorism?  Very probably.
Name the torture we used?  Examples please.  Panties on the head?  Barking dogs?  Sleep deprivation? Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-10-09 05:38:25)

UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6696
This letter is like saying "I'm sorry that you deserved that" after you beat your wife.
Deadman
+34|6485|England
Awesome, just awesome.

+1
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6835

usmarine2005 wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Name the torture we used?  Examples please.  Panties on the head?  Barking dogs?  Sleep deprivation? Ohhhhhhhhhhh.
Electric shocks, stress positions, sexual assault, sleep deprivation, denial of religion, exposure to extreme temperatures, noise and light, etc.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4502986.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p … 262095.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4602874.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4710966.stm
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6804

aardfrith wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

Electric shocks, stress positions, sexual assault, sleep deprivation, denial of religion, exposure to extreme temperatures, noise and light, etc.
Oh.  Sorry, I consider torture cutting off of body parts, mutilation, etc.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6696

usmarine2005 wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Rest of the world doesn't.  (edit: limit it to that)

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-10-09 05:51:14)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6804

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

Wrong.  They never said shit about the torture in Africa or Iraq, but since the US uses "torture," now you pay attention.

And by the way.....we use "torture" to get information to save lives.  They use torture because they don't like a certain group of people.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-10-09 05:55:18)

UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6696

usmarine2005 wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Wrong.  They never said shit about the torture in Africa or Iraq, but since the US uses "torture," now you pay attention.
I'm sure that makes sense to you.  But I'm not sure what you mean, perhaps you could clarify?  Are you saying that the international community doesn't consider psychological torture as wrong unless it's done by Americans?
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6835

usmarine2005 wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

And by the way.....we use "torture" to get information to save lives.  They use torture because they don't like a certain group of people.
Terrorism for a good cause is okay then, is that what you're saying?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6804

aardfrith wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Nope.  I still do not see where we tortured anyone.  We used interrogation techniques we see fit, within our laws.  Last time I heard, we did not mutilate anyone.
And FFS, please do not cut and paste articles from news agencies.  We all know news is a business, not a source of accurate info.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-10-09 06:07:11)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6759

aardfrith wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Did they cut off peoples limbs?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6598

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that the last seven times we Americans took up arms and sacrificed the blood of our youth, it was in the defense of Muslims ( Bosnia , Kosovo, Gulf War 1, Kuwait , etc.)
No ulterior motives then huh...

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that no such call for an apology upon the extremists came after 9/11.
Why would you call for an apology from bloodthirsty maniacs? They were never supposed to be our moral equivalent for a start. Asking for an apology would be to recognise them as having moral equivalency.

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that all of the murderers on 9/11 were Islamic Arabs.
What's your point?

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that most Arabs and Muslims have to live in squalor under savage dictatorships.
Do they really? Would you describe Turkey as a land of squalor under a savage dictatorship? The US government seem pretty down with other dictatorships and quasi-dictatorships like those of Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, etc. Living in Dubai must be a real drag - have you seen the shacks they have to live in? LOL

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that their leaders squander their wealth.
Why? Because, by and large, the US supports those leaderships?

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that their governments breed hate for the US in their religious schools, mosques, and government-controlled media.
That's kind of similar to the media in USA isn't it? Breeding contempt for arabs or anyone remotely arabic looking.

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that Yassar Arafat was kicked out of every Arab country and high-jacked the Palestinian "cause."
Not your place to be sorry. He squandered a lot but he is a true hero to nearly all Palestinians.

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that no other Arab country will take in or offer more than a token amount of financial help to those same Palestinians.
That has always puzzled me greatly. Maybe someone is pressuring them not to....

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that the U.S.A. has to step in and be the biggest financial supporter of poverty stricken Arabs while the insanely wealthy Arabs blame the USA for all their problems.
Important turn of phrase there: 'has to step in'. Nobody has a duty to do ANYTHING dipshit. Butt out and let them sort their own shit out.

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that our own left wing, our media, and our own brainwashed masses do not understand any of this (from the misleading vocal elements of our society like radical professors, CNN and the NY TIMES).
Yeah it's a great shame that the opposing viewpoint has to be expressed sometimes. It would be far easier to have state controlled media in a totalitarian situation, wouldn't it? If the left wing media is so powerful at 'brainwashing' then how come there's a right wing party in power? LOL

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry the United Nations scammed the poor people of Iraq out of the "food for oil" money so they could get rich while the common folk suffered.
I am sorry the US government scammed the poor people of Iraq out of the ability to go to the shops, to have a continuous supply of running water, to have a continuous supply of electricity, to be able to go to their mosques without fear of getting blown up, etc., etc.

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that some Arab governments pay the families of homicide bombers upon their death.
Gotta source on that. PS Iran is populated with PERSIANS, not arabs.

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that the homicide bombers think pregnant women, babies, children, the elderly and other noncombatant civilians are legitimate targets.
Why are you sorry? Does it remind you of 'collateral' damage during bombing raids?

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that our troops die to free more Arabs from the gang rape rooms and the filling of mass graves of dissidents of their own making.
'Gang rape rooms'. LOL. What kind of brainwashing has this dipshit received? He's right though - why the fuck are Americans dying in a dusty fleapit thousands of miles for home, to no benefit at all.

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry that Muslim extremists have killed more Arabs than any other group.
Yeah - you gave it your best shot but those militants are pretty good at it.

usmarine2005 wrote:

Well, you only have yourself to blame there, dipshit.

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry we don't drop a few dozen Daisy cutters on Fallujah.
That;s nice. You're obviously a very intelligent man. This guy is no way a Lt. General. Show me the fucking source on this shit.

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry every time terrorists hide they find a convenient "Holy Site."
It's called intelligent guerrilla warfare dipshit. Adapt you fucking moron.

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry they didn't apologize for driving a jet into the World Trade Center that collapsed and severely damaged Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church - one of our Holy Sites.
Yeah I loved that damn church. So famous.

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry they didn't apologize for flight 93 and 175, the USS Cole, the embassy bombings, the murders and beheadings of Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl, etc....etc!
Moral equivalency?

usmarine2005 wrote:

I am sorry Michael Moore is American; he could feed a medium sized village in Africa .
Freedom of speech? Oh yeah - I forgot you want a totalitarian state with no freedom of speech.

usmarine2005 wrote:

We hang out our dirty laundry for the entire world to see. We move on. That's one of the reasons we are hated so much. We don't hide this stuff like all those Arab countries that are now demanding an apology.
Well there's plenty of dirty laundry - which you incidentally try to hide for as long as possible. The administration would have suppressed Abu Ghraib if it could - don't kid yourself.

usmarine2005 wrote:

Deep down inside, when most Americans saw this reported in the news, we were like - so what? We lost hundreds and made fun of a few prisoners. Sure, it was wrong, sure, it dramatically hurts our cause, but until captured we were trying to kill these same prisoners. Now we're supposed to wring our hands because a few were humiliated?
Our compassion is tempered with the vivid memories of our own people killed, mutilated and burnt amongst a joyous crowd of celebrating Fallujahans.
Hey man - they don't want you there! WHy don't you fuck off back home, eh? That way, EVERYBODY's happy!!!

usmarine2005 wrote:

If you want an apology from this American, you're going to have a long wait!  You have a better chance of finding those seventy-two virgins.

Chuck Pitman

Lieutenant General, USMC
Frankly an apology from this guy isn't worth the steam off my piss.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-09 06:12:51)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6804

CameronPoe wrote:

Frankly an apology from this guy isn't worth the steam of my piss.
Just say America sucks and leave the thread.  Thank you.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6598

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Frankly an apology from this guy isn't worth the steam of my piss.
Just say America sucks and leave the thread.  Thank you.
What did you expect? Untempered adulation? This is an open forum. I thought America was about free speech. You might try reading some of the points I made.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard