DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6543|Search Whore killing fields
Well today I tried to kill ground troops with the rocket pods on it and nothing happend... They werent even aware I was there. Its like they are going to do the opposite of Bf2. Start out shitty to Everythings a G36
00joe
+16|6653|UK
Get a gunner.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6571|Area 51
IMO whole BF2142 sucks..but hell thats just me, then one thing that I do like is, are the guns on the Titans! w00t those things are cool, and the battlewalkers.
Ok so the're are two things that I like..
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6628|Little Bentcock
got 147 on a titan map just using the titan guns, they own lol.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6651|Ohio
... and that you hold the knife backwards, thats cool, like a mass murderer or an assassin.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6597|Your attic
The missiles are majorly under powered, but they shouldn't be used vs infantry at all, thats what the gunners main cannon is for.

I'm kinda swinging back and forth over the whole 2142 subject in my usual hypocritical fashion, but at the moment, it's getting on my nerves that almost everything seems to be able to beat them, I know they can't be the death inspiring war machines that they where in BF2, but come on, high tech helijet should damm well be able to kill tanks and APC's easily.
JohnnySupreme
+23|6501
I am a little disappointed with the rockets.  I can understand the need to tone them down from the BF2 chopper rockets but this is just silly.  They are pretty much useless.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6781|EUR
The rockets lock easier on but sacrifice power.

It should be visa versa
WiBu
+14|6662
The rockets are mainly meant for use against large targets such as vehicles and other air things. I guess it's DICE's way of making sure you don't try and fly solo. As for the air attack vehicles sucking, I actually prefer them in BF2142 compared to BF2, they seem to handle better for my style.
Nintendogamer
+72|6593|Chelmsford, UK
i've seen some great pilots use them well, so i guess we all suck.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6701|UK
Lol the gunships (helos) are great you just need to learn how to use them!

The missiles are heat seeking ffs, how can that be bad
zeidmaan
+234|6421|Vienna

you get 10 missles that will take out any tank or apc or transport chopper. And keep in mind that those transports are mobile spawn points and are usualy full. Thats 7 kills, or atleast 4 on average. Sure it wont be a uber stats padding machine but it still is a tank killer. And when people get REALY good with the TV missle and start taking the AA guns from somewhere far far away...

I, who hate Airplanes and Choppers, would still remove the stupid EMP rocket tho.
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6722
Keep in mind that It takes all 10 to kill the transports.. and everything has the Active Defense thingy. Also, unless you have a good angle on a helo, a good amount of your rockets will seem to "bounce off"
of the helo at the last moment. That's what has happened to me a few times, at least.

Also, anyone else notice how easy it is to get collision damage on those things!? An imperfect landing run can cost you upwards of 40 armor points.....

Last edited by -MP-Nuke1266 (2006-10-08 12:48:16)

[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6463|UK
I think the gunships are awesome. I agree with some of ur points, trying to kill single troops is tricky but u have to aim ur crosshair slightly to the left or right to compensate for way the missiles come from the side of the gunship. Also, the EMP's piss me off big time! Just coming around on another attack and then the engines cut out....argh! Lastly, poor landing does do alot of damage but tbh gunships arent meant to land that often as it aint their job to cap silo's/ flags.

Neway part from all that i think gunships are cool, atm im prefering the Talon (EU gunship) as it seems more maneuverable
zeidmaan
+234|6421|Vienna

yeah it takes all 10 but it can be damaged or you can fire of 3-4 in the first run, reload than fire another 10.
I know its not easy as in BF2 but as I said its not a uber stat padding machine. You will have more points capturing the silos than flying (usualy), so who ENJOYS to fly will fly.

And as far as the Active defense thingy... you can bet that half of the people will never use them properly
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6722
I too love the gunships I've gotten some great rounds in 'em. I also prefer the Talon, for the same reason as templar. BTW, what I meant by landing is for repairs and such. Going slow for any other reason makes you a nice juicy target for those EMP weapons....

About the Active Defense (in the gunships): what exactly do they prevent from hurting you? From what I've sen they stop all small arms fire, railgun slugs, and missiles, but not MBT rounds. Sound about right?
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
I used 5 round of 10 missles on a sniper, he wasnt moving, I eventually gave up, landed, and knifed him
Disodium
+13|6520|Sydney
Love the gunships, air craft, helos / what ever everyone wants to call them....

When people shoot at me with those rockets i kind of think about BF2.. 'why is that fool using a TV missle on infantry?...'

Comes down to one simple factor.
The missles are not AntiPersonel they are designed primarily to take out other air craft because they are attracted to other air craft when fired at the right angle and with the right lead.
If you dont have other air craft to take out they are good against armour and jeeps..
Leave the fodder for your gunner to deal with..
Later after the release you can start setting up targets for your gunner but i have yet to find anyone that can actually use the new TV missle system well.

Last edited by Disodium (2006-10-08 22:44:02)

-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6722
Yea, about that TV missile..... HARD. All I got to say. Let's see what I've been able to kill with it: an infantrymen, a titan turret, and a tank. That's all. You will probably also have noticed that they made it near impossible to solo-tv.
.|microphage
+4|6639|Vancouver, BC
i llike the gunships and they're easy to kill iwth...but define a "good" rounnd
MECtallica
+73|6510|jalalabad
its impossible to solo heli, the things INSTANTLY fly downwards as soon as you exit the pilot seat, it sucks, because its nearly impossible to bail out of a jetcopter now, the thing usually smashes you

Last edited by MECtallica (2006-10-08 23:52:38)

Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6511|Alabama, United States
I'm sorry, but who CAN use that TV missle well.
It isn't like BF2's TV missle where you click and it WILL go where you clicked eventually.
It's like trying to fly a jet with a 1 second lag introduced on all your movements.
(at least for me it is)
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
I fround a way to solo, I parked it on a incline (kinda like I do with the hind) Far enogh away I wouldnt be noticed, took me 2 trys but I got the walkers down solo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard