notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6893|The United Center
I'm pretty sure space has no smell, actually.  If it did, it would be impossible to prove since we can't actually smell space.  If you were to put space into a jar, then open it and try to smell it, you'd only be smelling air that would be sucked into the jar once opened.
Simon
basically
+838|6804|UK
^ Changed.. Number 5 up for grabs now..
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6769|Little Bentcock

knitenifer wrote:

# Telly Savalas and Louis Armstrong died on their birthdays.
So did Shakespeare.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2006-10-08 09:56:55)

Simon
basically
+838|6804|UK

Adams_BJ wrote:

knitenifer wrote:

# Telly Savalas and Louis Armstrong died on their birthdays.
So did Shakespeare.
Yep.

Last edited by Simon (2006-10-08 09:54:44)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6769|Little Bentcock

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I'm pretty sure space has no smell, actually.  If it did, it would be impossible to prove since we can't actually smell space.  If you were to put space into a jar, then open it and try to smell it, you'd only be smelling air that would be sucked into the jar once opened.
Wouldn't the jar explode once brought into contact with air?
Daggoth-UR-XXX
+21|6730|NC, USA, Earth, Milky Way
The space quote came from http://www.thehindu.com/2006/10/01/stor … 362400.htm

Actually I should have added that it smelled like "a burnt almond cookie."

Not really sure that it is a fact, but I've never been to space or made the habit of smelling burnt almond cookies very often.  I guess Ansari is telling us something about her cooking.

-------------
Daggoth

Last edited by Daggoth-UR-XXX (2006-10-08 10:01:49)

Scr0k
A clown killed my dad
+47|6661|Alabama
I poop green!
Simon
basically
+838|6804|UK
I wont be able to update this thread for a while ! Going to go play some battlefield2 Thanks to everyone who has posted facts.. keep them comming, I will update later !
Daggoth-UR-XXX
+21|6730|NC, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Simon,

My Spanish background is influencing my spelling of words: "fonetic" should be "phonetic."  Not that it matters since it is phonetically understood.  Oddly, I found 32,000 pages on the internet with the alternate spelling.

-----
Daggoth
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6593|Boulder, CO
the chinese were the first people to discover america in 1418 . they had amazingly huge ships that were bigger than the three tiered mast bearing ships in the 17th century. they did discover america and then the chinese exploration fleet actually went home, can't remember why but i'll try to find my source.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p … 609074.stm

there's the source i saw it a few months ago on horizon i think.

also dogs when mating start of in doggy style but then the male puts one leg over the female and ends up back to back within the female. this is true i saw it on Qi last night which has many weird facts like this.

Last edited by Noobeater (2006-10-08 10:16:23)

Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6831|Espoo, Finland
One more useless fact

Finland has highest proportion of natural blondes.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6593|Boulder, CO
*moves to finland.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6726|England
90% of males have one testicle bigger then the other  same with women and there breast sizes .
TheRealRyanRay
+22|6719|Gainesville, FL
I know  its been awhile sense Ive  been on  but here is a few

Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like a Lady" was written about Vince Neil of Motley Crue

Close to 3 billion movie tickets are sold in India every year

In the movie "The Matrix Reloaded" a 17 minute battle scene cost over $40 million to produce

In 1982, a high school student from Los Angeles, California unscrambled the Rubik's Cube in 22.95 seconds.

In North America there are approximately 618 roller coasters.

Mardi Gras means "Fat Tuesday." This is the festival that New Orleans, Louisiana is famous for having every year.

The "naked recreation and travel" industry has grown by 233% in the past decade.

Superman The Escape rollercoaster, located in California at Six Flags Magic Mountain, goes from 0 to 100 miles per hour in only 7 seconds.

The are six fictional characters that have stars on Hollywood's "Walk of Fame."

Even if you eat food standing on your head, the food will still end up in your stomach.
CaptainMack
Ye Ol'e Pirate Pub<3
+5|6576|#bf2s (Just next to maef)
Well, Danish people made a side dedicated for this 'kind' of knowlegde.

www.ubrugelig.dk
TheRealRyanRay
+22|6719|Gainesville, FL
Every day the human stomach produces about 2 liters of hydrochloric acid.

Every hour one billion cells in the body must be replaced.

Kissing can aid in reducing tooth decay. This is because the extra saliva helps in keeping the mouth clean.

Men sweat more than women. This is because women can better regulate the amount of water they lose.

Paul Hunn holds the record for the loudest burp, which was 118.1 decibels, which is as loud as a chainsaw.

Sex acts like a natural antihistamine, in can clear up a stuffy nose.

# Studies have shown that the scent of Rosemary can help in better mental performance and make individuals feel more alert.

Studies indicate that epileptic patients that listen to Mozart's Piano Sonata can dramatically decrease their chance of a seizure.

The aorta, which is largest artery located in the body, is about the diameter of a garden hose.  new

The human liver performs over 500 functions.

The smile is the most frequently used facial expression. A smile can use anywhere from a pair of 5 to 53 facial muscles. 

Weight can affect a woman's ability to conceive. 

When you sneeze, all your bodily functions momentarily stop, including your heart.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6844

Pernicious544 wrote:

blood is blue in your veins

(blue until it hits the open air...then it becomes red)
ENNNNT wrong.
TheRealRyanRay
+22|6719|Gainesville, FL

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

blood is blue in your veins

(blue until it hits the open air...then it becomes red)
ENNNNT wrong.
YEA i did not  want to be the first one to say so
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6614
In one level in Wolfenstien:3D, all of the rooms where shaped like swastikas.
Roomaster
+15|6807
1.Kangaroos cant fart.  they are missing a bacteria in their stomach or something!!!!
2.'the animals went in 2 by 2' is wrong-7 of each clean animal was put on noah's arc (clean animals are ones with cloven hooves/trotters i think)
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6956|NÃ¥rvei

"I think" is the most used phrase in this thread !

........ i think !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
CommieChipmunk
+488|6716|Portland, OR, USA

Knightnifer wrote:

If you fold a peice of paper 60 times it will be 72million miles think.
what the hell how?!
TheRealRyanRay
+22|6719|Gainesville, FL

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Knightnifer wrote:

If you fold a peice of paper 60 times it will be 72million miles think.
what the hell how?!
It's impossible to fold a piece of paper in half more than 8 times.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6921|Noizyland

Okie dokie...

- The coloquial term for a New Zealander, (Kiwi,) is not named after the kiwifruit or the Kiwi itself, but the brand of boot polish the New Zealand soldiers used in World War One.

- Giraffes are the only animal with no vocal chords.

- Cockroaches can live several weeks with their head cut off.

- Kermit the frog is left handed.

- The 16th Century Astronomer Tycho Brahe, (the guy from the Penny Arcade comics is named after him,) lost his nose in a duel with one of his students over a mathematical computation. He wore a silver nose for the rest of his life. It is also worth mentioning another cartoon relation - Jebediah Springfield supposedly had a tongue made from silver - Tycho Brahe was the inspiration for this.

If you want any more, just ask.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Simon
basically
+838|6804|UK
LAST UPDATE OF THE DAY:  Kiwi man takes 5th

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard