straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6541|Edmonton Alberta
so i was playing 2142 and some guy had active camo....because i seen the weird blurry predator image he didnt know i seen him so i followed him knifed him right aftre he appeared picked up his kit and holy shit he had the lambert carbine and camo....can anyone explain>?
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6548|Doncaster UK
weird i thought there was no unlocks???
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6582
can global unlocks be enabled like in the bf2 demo?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6699
I bet it was a modded server with the unlocks enabled.
straz_mataz
Banned
there arent supposed to be any unlocks
and it wasnt a modded server where unlocks were enabled... believe me i checked next time i died to customize my kit and couldnt...
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6552|Doncaster, UK
H@X

Seriously though, not a clue. Only thing I could possibly think is that the field upgrades were enabled but I thought they too were not in the demo.

Who knows?

You could try asking the guy, did you get his nick?
Master*
Banned
+416|6501|United States
field upgrades?
straz_mataz
Banned

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

H@X

Seriously though, not a clue. Only thing I could possibly think is that the field upgrades were enabled but I thought they too were not in the demo.

Who knows?

You could try asking the guy, did you get his nick?
no damn i forgot to get a Screenie of his dogtags because i was focused on picking up his kit....i was thinking hax
but i dont like to jump to conclusions about hackers.... i have never openly accused anybody of hacking. I have been called one myself..
Oronisi
+4|6451
Even with field upgrades, you are only supposed to be able to unlock one level above what you already have, and that wouldn't open up active camo or a new gun.
[FEAB]TheWeasel
+3|6423|UK

straz_mataz wrote:

i dont like to jump to conclusions about hackers.... i have never openly accused anybody of hacking. I have been called one myself..
quite so, I was once accused of hacking... it was the proudest moment of my otherwise completely uneventful BF2 career
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6623|UCF
I was called a hacker in the BETA, when I single handly defended the last Titan console for 5 minutes against waves of enemies. 3 Hit kills + frag grenades FTW! But then I ran out of ammo and lost after they rushed me. Too many enemies and not enough knife hits.

The player probably changed the .ini file like in BF2 v1.01
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6662|Brisbane, Australia

Masterstyle wrote:

field upgrades?
Bingo

Easy, Case solved, if you work effectively, you can get around 1-2 upgrades a round
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6597|Your attic

Sarrk wrote:

Masterstyle wrote:

field upgrades?
Bingo

Easy, Case solved, if you work effectively, you can get around 1-2 upgrades a round
Not quite

If it works the same as the beta you can only unlock one stage above your current unlock for that tree, if that makes sense.

Edit: Looking in the objects files all the unlocks are there, all of them, so if they didn't intend us to have the unlocks why put them there, seems like the plot is thickening

Last edited by Towelly (2006-10-06 08:03:22)

Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6662|Brisbane, Australia

Nope, on the beta I was able to go up more than one object on a stem

Or was I......come to think of it, it seemed like the entire system was very buggy.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6597|Your attic

Sarrk wrote:

Or was I......come to think of it, it seemed like the entire system was very buggy.
This seems likely, I haven't got round to playing the demo for an extended period of time though, so I'm not sure.
straz_mataz
Banned
so i sat down and played a bunch more today in the same squad with some clan mates even gold myself a gold medal....i didnt play the beta so i dont know how these field upgrades work but  if i WAS playing the beta after a few rounds of actually working together as a team you would think i would ahve atleast gotten one but no not one freakin field upgrade...... so how did this guy get a lambert carbine and cloaking shit>>>???
asbad
+19|6727|Ireland
When bf2 demo came out there was hacks released for it, Less then 2 days after it was released to the public, Im not joking! Some of you maybe aware of this.
Im not gonna post a link or say who was behind it for obvious reasons but i wouldnt be surprised if there was hacking already going on. Im sure the same people are working on a hack right now. Apparently demos are quite easy to f*** around with

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard