Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6561|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Hi A thread for people to post about the Euro 2008 Qualifiers as we all know that will happen over the next 18 months.

Good luck to all countries playing and lets hope we have some good games of footie

Come on England

Scotland it's gonna be tough for the jocks but hopefully you can get a result against France

Wales, Rep Ireland I expect both you teams to win
N.I. You got a hard game against Denmark but after your great result against Spain the expectations are High.

Just mentioned the U.K. teams + Rep of Ireland good luck to the rest of You guys
Holland, Germany I expect you to win

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-10-12 04:53:31)

MrHibs
+15|6612|Scotland
We'll be coming
We'll be coming
We'll be coming down the road
When you hear the noise of the tartan army boys we'll be coming down the road!

Come on Scotland!

Good luck to the rest of the home nations too.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

Jinto-sk wrote:

Hi A thread for people to post about today and wednesdays Qualifiers

Good luck to all countries playing and lets hope we have some good games of footie

Come on England

Scotland it's gonna be tough for the jocks but hopefully you can get a result against France

N.I. You got a hard game against Denmark but after your great result against Spain the expectations are High.

Just mentioned the U.K. teams good luck to the rest of You guys
Point of Information: The Republic of Ireland is NOT PART OF THE UK or a 'home nation'.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-07 05:29:54)

Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6433|Tyne & Wear, England
Come on England, i wanna see Rooney back on top form today.  Any Macedonians out there??
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

CameronPoe wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

Come on England

Point of Information: The Republic of Ireland is NOT PART OF THE UK or a 'home nation'.
Lol yeah you are right but I still class you as a home nation and cheer you on
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

Jinto-sk wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

Come on England

Fair enough.
MrHibs
+15|6612|Scotland

CameronPoe wrote:

I never said they were a home nation, I just said good luck to the home nations too.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

CameronPoe wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Fair enough.
So does Rep Ire enter the olympics as a separate nation or do they enter as GB, if so then what is the difference (anyone not just directed at poe) between UK + GB

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-10-07 05:35:38)

MrHibs
+15|6612|Scotland

Jinto-sk wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

Fair enough.
So does Rep Ire enter the olympics as a separate nation or do they enter as GB, if so then what is the difference (anyone not just directed at poe) between UK + GB
Well considering they are nothing to do with the UK they enter on their own.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
I really don't remember there being a Rep Of Ireland team in the Olympics
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

Jinto-sk wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

Fair enough.
The Republic of Ireland is a completely independent and sovereign nation. We have a constitution, Dáil (equivalent of House of Commons/Congress), Séanad (equivalent of House of Lords/Senate), Taoiseach (equivalent of Prime Minister), Uachtaráin (equivalent of President/Monarch) and we have joint first languages: Gaeilge and English. The Republic of Ireland is not part of the UK, it is not even part of the commonwealth (and as such can't/don't take part in the commonwealth games). Culturally, historically and linguistically the Irish are a distinct race, (genetically even). The number one and number two sports in Ireland are Gaelic Football and Hurling (two indigenous games). Why do you think there is/was war in Northern Ireland? We had our war of liberation between 1919 and 1922 after 800 years of British invasion and won our freedom. The war in the north is/was just a continuation of that for the remaining 6 counties.

I don't mean to offend or cause shit-stirring by the way. Just informing.

PS Sonia O Sullivan won gold for the Republic of Ireland on several occassions in the Olympics. She's not the only one either. We have a habit of having our medals stripped from us for drug use (equestrian last time and swimming a few olympics ago)!!!!

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-07 05:55:00)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

This Dutch Team sucks big time now........with all this bullshit going on with Van Basten........arghh

anyway.........maybe they win, we'll see
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
Lolz we've moved away from the footie, sorry Poe and others for my ignorance now back to the thread topic FOOTIE

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-10-07 06:07:16)

Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6701|Uhh... erm...
Is Turkey considered part of Europe? I supported them in the 2002 World Cup... A pity Rustu Recber's retired. The guy was one of the greatest keepers ever.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

This Dutch Team sucks big time now........with all this bullshit going on with Van Basten........arghh

anyway.........maybe they win, we'll see
Van Basten should have been sacked after the world cup. great player...one of my all time faves but not a good manager.

Van B and Klinsmann were 2 rookie managers of the WC.

one did well and one did very poorly.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

Tetrino wrote:

Is Turkey considered part of Europe? I supported them in the 2002 World Cup... A pity Rustu Recber's retired. The guy was one of the greatest keepers ever.
Yep they are playing Hungary dude
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6413|Stealth City, UK
To be honest, I think England are going to stroll throught to Euro 2008....and then get their asses kicked, just like always!

Holland are an amzing set of individuals, but as a team they suck big time! van Nistlerooy should have gone and replaced Huntelaer, that just shows how divide you lot are.

I wouldnt be suprised to see Spain and a couple of other big boys drop out before they even get there!
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

buLLet_t00th wrote:

To be honest, I think England are going to stroll throught to Euro 2008....and then get their asses kicked, just like always!

Holland are an amzing set of individuals, but as a team they suck big time! van Nistlerooy should have gone and replaced Huntelaer, that just shows how divide you lot are.

I wouldnt be suprised to see Spain and a couple of other big boys drop out before they even get there!
Van Nistelrooy ain't coming back as long as Van Basten is coach, same goes with Van Bommel, and Van Basten doesn't even thinks of Makaay, but heey all these players have something to say, but Van Basten doesn't like that, He only wants players who say "Yes" all the time.........

not to mention Cruijff who is whispering stuff into van Basten Ears in the background
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6701|Uhh... erm...

Jinto-sk wrote:

Tetrino wrote:

Yep they are playing Hungary dude
w00rt! Turkey FTW!
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
Well done Scotland +1 for you
England shite
Wales WTF happened
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721
Think we should make this a Stick thread like we had the World Cup Sticky thread. Maybe rename it to "Euro 2008 Qualifiers Chatter Thread".

Well done my lads from Bonny Scotland! Had a feeling we might get something from the game tonight, and was delighted to find that we had won the match!

England didnt do so well, but will still no doubt qualify.

Good luck to the other "home" nations with the rest of the campain, and lets hope we can all go through to the next stage.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6763

Tetrino wrote:

Part of Turkey, including part of the capital city, is in Europe.  Part of the border between Europe and Asia is the Bosphorus.

How Israel is considered part of Europe, however, is beyond me.  Yet they are one of the nations in UEFA and they take part in the Eurovision Song Contest.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6701|Uhh... erm...
Hungary 0 Turkey 1

w00rt w00rt!
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6644|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Im gutted.  We were never going to get out of this group but to us Welsh as long as we can see some glimer of hope we are ok.  We see no light at the end of this tunnel.  Our boss needs to swallow some pride and get Savage in, Paul Jones out.  No not Savage in goals but he would do better than that 63 year old in goals.

Yes im Biased 'cos im Cardiff but we are flying at the moment and our Midfielders are scoring goals.  Tosh didnt pick them, instead he picked Koumas and Davies who between them have managed 3 games this season, thanks to Koumas.

Bottom line is we had 3 prem players on the pitch and one of them hasn't played in the prem this season.
[Wildcard]DaMaverick
+4|6457|Near the sky
France has played and France went back home with a goal in the bag !!!
Well done Scottland !
Peace

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard