Poll

Now that you've played bf2142, what do you predict will happen to bf2?

it's just a demo, can't predict anything17%17% - 14
bf2142 is really crap, and ppl will stay with bf242%42% - 33
bf2142 is really crap, BUT Brit. Spears is multiplatnum8%8% - 7
ppl=tired of bf2, don't like bf2142, QW:ET ftw!16%16% - 13
*other* Please list your other6%6% - 5
I like bf2142<37%7% - 6
Total: 78
lendll
+16|6450
Sup fellas:)
I've made this thread to get a global view from yall about how bf2 will be in the future. I've played the bf2142 demo. On top of the crashes and no auto-balanced teams(16 vs 42, anyone?), I firmly believe the game is phooey. Even though, YES, this is only a demo, I still think the WHOLE game will suck. Why? Like it has been said in other threads, a demo is supposed to be representative of a whole game, so if the demo sux, how far off can the game be? When I first played the bf2 demo, I immediately went and bought the full retail game, just because of how bad the demo owned. Well, it's the total opposite with bf2142.

But anyway, despite my *sound* beliefs on what bf2142 is, imo, I still see people saying "bf2142 rox." I respect this, but it's still kinda scary. What did I mean when I asked, "bf2142 is really crap, BUT Brit. Spears is multiplatnum" ? Any REAL music lover knows Britney Spears was mass produced, with little to no artful quality in her music. But if you look at history, you'll see that MILLIONS of people still flocked to her music, so it seems that it no longer takes quality to win hearts over. And this is why I made this thread, to see if bf2 will suffer from a "mass product" take over. And yes, I've seen games of the highest quality die out, cs being the exception. So it's very possible that, regardless of how l33t bf2 is, it will die prematurely.

What do you guys think? Thoughtful post are welcomed:p

O btw, my opinions are not facts, or written in stone, nor there to say your wrong. IMO:p
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6520|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
I don't know... It's hard to decide... Both of them are cool. But I shall stick with BF2, cause first I want to finish ti ll my dream rank "General". So I shall think about buying BF2142.
brome
brap.
+244|6605|Accidental, TK
I'm confused, which one are you asking me about? BF2 or 2142? I reckon 2142 won't be nearly as successful as BF2, but lots of people will still play it because they love everything battlefield.  The jury's still out (especially because I haven't finished dl'ing the demo) However, I am completely certain that bf2 will not die for some time.  It will be overshadowed by 2142, but that could be a good thing because a lot of the "noobs" will move on to 2142
BF2 FTW!

Last edited by brome (2006-10-07 04:49:19)

lendll
+16|6450

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

I don't know... It's hard to decide... Both of them are cool. But I shall stick with BF2, cause first I want to finish ti ll my dream rank "General". So I shall think about buying BF2142.
Thx for your response:)

brome wrote:

I'm confused, which one are you asking me about? BF2 or 2142? I reckon 2142 won't be nearly as successful as BF2, but lots of people will still play it because they love everything battlefield.  The jury's still out (especially because I haven't finished dl'ing the demo) However, I am completely certain that 2142 will not die for some time.  It will be overshadowed by 2142, but that could be a good thing because a lot of the "noobs" will move on to 2142
BF2 FTW!
I'm asking what you think will happen to bf2 after the release of bf2142,  based on how bored people are with it, or if people will "move on" to the latter game because it's presented as the "newest hottest shit on the block," or if bf2142 will come out on top because it is "undeniably better" than bf2, or any other factors people see that I cannot, such as the one you mentioned: "but lots of people will still play it because they love everything battlefield"

Thank you for your post:)

Last edited by lendll (2006-10-07 04:56:09)

Dr_3V|L
+51|6743|Twente, The Netherlands
For me it seems this is going to happen:
Bf2142 is coming out soon, but I don't care because BF2 is better, so I keep playing BF2 until ET:QW comes out next year. When QW is released I will most likely start playing that game.
samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6569
I dont know to be honest. 1942 still has a strong community..but I think most people will go on towards 2142. Most of my clan are so im going to go with them.
tupla_s
+455|6610|Finland
I'll play both
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6675|Australia
I just came off the demo, and apart from the fact that the infantry are slow and luggish, the mech is really confusing to use and the stock standard assault rifle extremely hard to hit anything with due to accuracy, i like the game, and shall buy it
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6583|England

I hate futuristic games, especially futuristic FPS games. So im sticking with BF2.

I had the BF2 demo, played it for about 2hours and then bought BF2 the following day. In fact, it is still played by many people on servers....just Oman on 16player!
If the 2142 demo is as bad as you say, then that pretty much reinforces my thoughts on not even buying it. I did register my name for 2142 vet program, but from what I have read since then...I dont think ill even bother.
Bonio05
+4|6594|Germany
If 2142 has good city maps I will like it.
I don't play big open maps anymore, not even in BF2.
Sinn_Ah_Taggh
+15|6439|Norway
I haven't played 2142 yet so i cant really tel if its good or bad,bu judging from what most people say about 2142 it seems like not a bad idea to stick with BF2.
I am probably one of the last "hardcore" BF2 players on-line,i don't even play SF. Not that there's anything wrong with the other mods/expansions,but simply because i think there are so many different ways to play BF2 that i don't need anything else!

-Battlefield 2 is my heroin,my God and my every thought!!!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6648|Washington, DC

bf2142 is really crap, BUT Brit. Spears is multiplatnum

Chances are little children and some "deep in the woods" Republicans will switch over. We all know the cognitive abilities of both parties from our experience in BF2 and the USA.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6786|Human Meat Shield
I like BF2 FPS better, the hitpoints are "more cartoonish, but realistic and takes some thinking" unlike 2142 where IF you see someone its easy kill. 2142 was made for teamwork and that you have to do, but everything about it seems to be made for the younger generation. Giving my review is all negative except the unlocks, they could have made this a little better, from the ranking system to the vehicles, to even the color of the pixels clothing, it was a rush job, as they effed up on BF2 in the 1.3 patch they had to make and do something to keep us hoping, and they came up with a futuristic hover Star Wars game. If I was the makers of Halo and Mechwarrior, I'd sue. Because thats all it is. But like everyone here, Im a hypocrit and I'll buy it, but I know for sure it wont be my primary game - to me its an out and "to see what all the hype is" game. Hell in 2142 it takes no skill to do anything, you have a drone to do all the work for you.

To me, I'll keep my BF2, BF'42 , BF:V and Mods, at least I know what a Major is and means.
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6657|Montréal, Québec
1st it is completly another genre of game, so that make me stick more with BF2 cuz i like more the ''now'' (BF2,CS,Rainbow 6 serie) then the futuristic(BF2142,unreal tournament, etc. )

And why do you guys have played for now 1 year, get all theses points and get these nice stats(wich i dont already have...   ) and then just because there is a game named ''BF2''142 will stop play ????

Stick with BF2 !!!
jord
+2,382|6696|The North, beyond the wall.
I found your poll bias against BF 2142,the amount of options against it are larger than for it.

Thousands of people bought Britney Speares albums,as they will with 2142,she must be doing something right,same with 2142.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6671
a riot
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
soad1583
+1|6651
I selected other because even if I do get bf2142, and i'm sure I will at some point, I'll still play bf2.  So my guess is I'd play both and enjoy both, unless of course I end up hating bf2142.
lendll
+16|6450
Thanks for your responses guys!!

jord wrote:

I found your poll bias against BF 2142,the amount of options against it are larger than for it.

Thousands of people bought Britney Speares albums,as they will with 2142,she must be doing something right,same with 2142.
*edit* There are two options pro bf2142, and 1 that possibly favors, et al "other." So it's a pretty balanced poll.

And it's called mass marketing=]

Last edited by lendll (2006-10-09 10:13:17)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard