./KRUX
+1|6775|Austin Texas
Personally i think its harder. That can be argued for sure. I love not haveing air assets pounding u all day long. I love jets and im a good pilot but its really unbalanced. Physics aside the way you fly in this game is arcadeish. Fighter jets flying at 350mph so they can drop bombs? I think there should be air only maps for massive air battles. A fighter jet should be so busy in the air hes not even ableto look at whats happeneing on the deck.
I notice this game is more like a hybrid than a fps. I think of it as FPS, so i play it like that. If im in a jet i shoot down other jets and choppers not infantry. My teams has infantry for that. Which leads me to "whoreing" vehicles. Tanks still gets used alot ,but thats ok .Its a infantry battle and if your dumb enough to let a tank see you, you deserve to get shot. (Not like sneaking behind your enemy to cap a flag in the back only to have a jet from no where blow you to kindom come)

Im willing to bet most people who dislike SF are x-pilots that realise they have no real skill in the game anymore. Some people all that matters is the points and kills, and that maybe true. But some of the most fun and best ingame experiances for me involved one or two kills, maybe a flag capture.
Back to my point. SF is a in your face battle of reflexes and knowledge of your equipment. More dependant on you skills as a fps player. And less on game inbalances.
One more thing when your talking about expansions. Why not have a air force expansion or navy expansion and focus on those branches. Just a few of my thoughs. Please flame on.
YitEarp
+1|6763
i agree for the most part, i just prefer SF because it doesnt have as much strong air/land vehicles and its more visceral shooting of infantry.  thats how i have the most fun is infantry battles so it suits me perfectly, tho i realize not everyone favors that play style and would prefer air or vehicle based maps.  whatever works, but i like the mostly urban maps with new toys and infantry focus over the original's air/armor dominance.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6797|Brixham, UK
I think it's easier. I got both my veteran assault badges about an hour ago, simply as a footsoldier. I love SF simply because i'm not getting blown up by jets/helicopters/tanks all the time. But, there are still enough vehicles to keep the game battlefield. Since i've managed to get the game loading faster, I've been playing much more SF than BF2.

EDIT: Random thought, since EA introduced a new map for mint(?) BF2, Wake Island, do you think that maybe this is where the plane ribbon comes from - they might be intending to include a map within the next patch that contains jets.

Last edited by DUFFKING (2005-12-11 14:15:22)

Maj.Do
+85|6790|good old CA
im a pilot in BF2 in SF they dont have jets : (... also i dont play SF as much cause i keep getting the bug that makes me a priv.  till that stops ill play more SF
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6858
For the love of god, its not called 'vanilla bf2' which sounds gay as hell, its BF2 or BF2SF

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-12-11 14:14:32)

RingPirate
+0|6750|Berlin
I agree.
SF has better maps with much more action. the night levels i have to get used to but they also can be alot of fun.  i love the zip line so overall i have to agree, sf improves the gameplay of bf2 alot
Diddy_Bongo
+0|6758
I think Sf is more system hungry than the original BF2 it certainly causes my system a lot of problems, (frame rates etc) I have what i would consider a decent system spec (athlon 3500+ 2gig ram Gf 6800Gt 256mb ram etc) and it still chugs in parts for no apparent reason. However the game is mint I agree with the plane bit, its nice to get round teh back get a flag and not get bombed to high heaven just before it turns to your sides colours!!! That said I consider myself a good pilot (better than 8:1 ratio). ANyway I dont find teh game harder (apart from on my system) and no matter what you say about teh vehicles balancing etc the best part fo any Bf2 game is when you get a  good squad on teh ground fighting as troops and working a s a unit all on VOIP it CANT be beaten for shear fun and satisfaction when your plan as squad leader comes off and it wins you teh round ...MINT anyway love SF love BF2.

just another note THe apache is soooo cool to fly so why is the Hind such a dog ??????????????????
starman7
+15|6763
Well, it depends on your tastes.  Aviators, tankers, etc, can have fun in giant BF2 maps with all the toys involved, and people who prefer infantry on infantry battles can have a very fun time in SF.
oberst_enzian
+234|6781|melb.au

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

For the love of god, its not called 'vanilla bf2' which sounds gay as hell, its BF2 or BF2SF
i think sf is easier than VANILLA, because I'm usually just average (or just below average) in VANILLA, whereas in SF I got all the basic combat badges in the first four hours of playing, and heaps more points than I would usually get. maybe its because everyone was still getting used to the map and equipment, whereas in VANILLA everyone knows them backwards and upsidedown. Anyway, I play SF instead of VANILLA now when I want an uninterrupted infantry battle, because, yeah, I'm one of those unlucky tools that gets totally owned by jets and choppers in VANILLA...so I agree that the airpower thing is unbalanced in VANILLA, but not because of the existence of planes per se, but rather the crap-ness of the AA makes them pretty much untouchable from the ground.

VANILLA...its a fucking word, its been in the popular vernacular to mean 'unadorned' for much longer than you've been alive, get over it and play the game
Flasheart88
+0|6798|Brisbane

oberst_enzian wrote:

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

i think sf is easier than VANILLA, because I'm usually just average (or just below average) in VANILLA, whereas in SF I got all the basic combat badges in the first four hours of playing, and heaps more points than I would usually get. maybe its because everyone was still getting used to the map and equipment, whereas in VANILLA everyone knows them backwards and upsidedown. Anyway, I play SF instead of VANILLA now when I want an uninterrupted infantry battle, because, yeah, I'm one of those unlucky tools that gets totally owned by jets and choppers in VANILLA...so I agree that the airpower thing is unbalanced in VANILLA, but not because of the existence of planes per se, but rather the crap-ness of the AA makes them pretty much untouchable from the ground.
I totally agree with your point that when people are super familiar with the map, then they can make SMART ASSessments that can defeat the less experienced players, while on Special Forces, no one has that sort of experience yet. In fact the real map whores are probably going to stick with their favourite maps on BF2 so that their SPMs and KPMs don't drop below 'acceptable' limits.
oberst_enzian
+234|6781|melb.au

Flasheart88 wrote:

make SMART ASSessments
hahaha! that's gold

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard