+1|6672
I have a Jeantech case with a side fan.  "http://www.jeantech.com/achillis.htm"
In the case i added:  http://www.sharkoon.com/all_eng.htm

1) 120mm Silent Eagle 1000 fan
2) 120mm Silent Eagle 1000 fan
3) 80mm Silent Eagle 1000 Fan for the side
4) Top fan space is empty
5) Zalman CNPS7700-Cu cpu cooler.   

At the moment I have all the fans blowing inwards,  using the space at the top as a vent "heat rises" but I'm not sure if this is the best way to have it..

Should I change the rear one to vent the air out? also Should I have my side fan blowing towards the zalman?

Thanks

Matt
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6653|Wigan. Manchester. England.
I dont know myself. Just wanted to point out that my step brothers have that case
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6539|Little blue planet, milky way
It's usualyl better to "suck" the air out of the PC. This is to prevent dust from entering the case. However, creating a "slightly" presurised environment is going to be a HUGE problem with so many fans (and a gaping hole in the top of the PC)
So in a case of many fans, I usually recommend that you suck "from one side", and blow from "the other". In essence moving the air through the PC as quickly as possible (faster moving = more heat vented). However, I'd still use the fans with the highest CFM to suck. BUT you have to take into account that you need the air to pass by each "hot" compopnent to get the best cooling, so if by creating a setup where you blow from one side and suck from the other, you can/should only do so if you have ensured that sufficient airflow passes by eg the harddrives, the orth bridge, the memory and generally any other components that tend to heat up. If you have two DVD drives in bays directly above eachother, there WILL be heat trapped between the two and this is ALSO a part that many people forget to vent.
jsnipy
+3,276|6539|...

as long as the air flows through the case, preferably over the components like the proc you want to cool (channel the air). Having a tons fans pulling in varying directions is guaranteed to make your case cool (just like leaving the side open will not always make it cooler)

air <-- |back-CASE-front| <-- air.

this is how mine is setup ....

^
                              |
                             air
                         (psu with 120mm)

<-- air (120mm)        proc                              [front, 120mm] <-- air

of course the 120s are much quieter ... good luck

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-10-06 07:07:20)

The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6658|Deep In The South Of Texas
For the best airflow and lowest temps you should have the front and side fans bringing air into the case, and the rear fans pulling air out.
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6611|Ohio, USA

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

For the best airflow and lowest temps you should have the front and side fans bringing air into the case, and the rear fans pulling air out.
about to recommend the same thing.  This is the best way to do it.  Whether you are watercooling or doing regular air cooling you want a push/pull configuration

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard