tyme414
+29|6647
Well, most of you have probably heard about the Columbine that took place at the little amish school. Before that, in a small school in upper Wisconsin (where I live) a kid went in with a hit list, and shot the principle several times, and then targeted other students. He was stopped before anyone was hurt. This was one week ago (roughly). This morning, a school in my district (we have three, North, South, and West High school) North, had a student come in threatening to shoot people, and he had a list. Now today at my school (West, and if your wondering im a Jr. 17 yrs old) in seventh hour, someone found 2 threats in the bathroom written in red pen, one said the school was going to be blown up on Friday, and the other was claiming there was going to be a shooting. It was on the local news, and students were interviewed. The school isnt going on lockdown, but anyone who doesnt feel safe going is allowed to stay home (I am staying home tomorrow). Thats four columbine threats in about a week. What the hell are people thinking all of the sudden? Whats your opinion on all of this?
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6746|Norcal, usa
you are so lucky to get to stay home from school.
my school (monta vista) yes, of wall street journal fame is full of asians who would never do anythign like that.
asbad
+19|6727|Ireland
The Dawson school shooting seems to have ignited a wave of school shootings,[51] [52] [53]in a similar manner to the "copycat" shootings following the Columbine Massacre.

September 14, 2006 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; A 22 year old university law student fired a pellet gun at one of the buildings of the University of Ottawa in a drive-by shooting. He was quickly arrested at his home and was subsequently banned from the University. No one was injured.
September 15, 2006 Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA; Two 17-year-old boys and one 18-year-old boy were arrested on suspicion of a possible shooting attack at Green Bay East High School. News reports said they were depressed and were fascinated with Columbine. Numerous weapons were found in their homes.
September 16, 2006 St. Louis, Missouri, USA; A senior student of Westminster High School, Austin Vincent, reportedly text-messaged his friend, saying he would commit suicide. This was later forwarded to a counselor, who called the police. He did not attend school on September 16. School got out at 3:00, and he arrived around 3:45. He got out of his mother's car holding a rifle. Police were already on the scene. Vincent reportedly pointed the rifle at his head, then waved it at the police. Officers took 3 shots, and he was hit in the leg by at least one. He was taken to a hospital in stable condition. He would later be tried as an adult.
September 18, 2006 Hudson, Quebec, Canada; A 15-year-old was arrested after uttering death threats via the same Internet site as Dawson College shooter Kimveer Gill. He was planning a similar type shooting at a high school west of Montreal [14].
Main Article: Platte Canyon High School shooting

September 27, 2006 Bailey, Colorado, USA; Duane Roger Morrison, a 53-year-old man, entered Platte Canyon High School, reportedly saying that he had a bomb. Morrison took six female students as hostages, later releasing four of them whilst keeping two. One of the remaining hostages was shot, wounded critically and taken away by air ambulance. The other was not wounded. Paramedics at the scene confirmed that Morrison shot and killed himself.
Main Article: Weston High School shooting

September 29, 2006 Cazenovia, Wisconsin, USA; At Weston High School, 15-year-old Eric Hainstock shoots his high school principal, who then managed to wrestle Hainstock to the ground. The principal died later in hospital from multiple gunshot wounds.
Main Article: 2006 Amish School Shooting

October 2, 2006, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA; A gunman took hostages and eventually killed five girls (aged 7–13) and himself at West Nickel Mines School, a one-room Amish schoolhouse.
October 2, 2006 Cincinnati, Ohio, USA; A 15-year-old freshman was arrested at his home when he sent a text message threatening to bring his gun to a local high school. The school was locked down while police arrested the suspect, but re-opened in time for classes.
October 2, 2006 Las Vegas, Nevada, USA; An ex-student of Mohave High School went on campus with a gun, his motive unknown at the time. Students recognized him as not being a student anymore and notified school police immediately. The suspect ran from the school and ditched his gun behind a church close to Mohave. Mohave, as well as 3 middle schools and 1 elementary school were placed on lockdown while police searched for him.
- Wikipedia
Ya its nuts, Heard the bush administration are gonna have an emergency meeting over this sudden wave of killings.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6697|Devon, England
isn't tomorrow saturday?
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6739|Oslo, Norway

asbad wrote:

~stuff~
Ya its nuts, Heard the bush administration are gonna have an emergency meeting over this sudden wave of killings.
Too bad, Poor Mr.Bush is gonna have to leave his vacation

On a side note, I do not thing the ball will stop rolling due to Bush...
d3athwi5h4
insert clever title here
+59|6519|Kickapoo
All these shootings/threats/hit lists are because kids today are a bunch of PUSSIES.   When I was a kid you just beat the hell out of each other.  And you sure as hell didn't make a list, you just beat people up.  If you were a puss, you didn't start shit, and nobody messed with you because it is no fun beating on the weakest kid in school.  The great thing about just fighting is nobody went to jail, and nobody DIED!  You get beat up you try again.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6525|Montucky

d3athwi5h4 wrote:

All these shootings/threats/hit lists are because kids today are a bunch of PUSSIES.   When I was a kid you just beat the hell out of each other.  And you sure as hell didn't make a list, you just beat people up.  If you were a puss, you didn't start shit, and nobody messed with you because it is no fun beating on the weakest kid in school.  The great thing about just fighting is nobody went to jail, and nobody DIED!  You get beat up you try again.
Hell when I was growing up if the teachers caught you fighting, you'd both be put in the wrestling gym room, giving these huge freaking boxing gloves and were forced to fight each other. Everybody that went into that room pissed off, came out shaking hands of the person whom they were fighting.  But some mother made that simple solution go away.
tyme414
+29|6647
Yeah it sux, we got all this news coverage outside of the school right now. of the 1900 attending, 1200 arent there. Oh well

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard