Kyouteki
+27|6561
Hmmm, I'm not gonna get off on a long 'fuck this fuck that' spiel about aimbots, but i would like to say...as much i dearly love the new infantry only option, the level of players is fantastic in the way of skill, fun, and other things like that.  I have however noticed that there are getting to be more and more snipers that...wow, just get THE most amazing god damn head shots i've ever seen in my life.  Now, the arguement could be made that it's a result of improving kit ability from playing only the kits themselves.  I'm always open to such ideas...but i have played long enough to know skill when i see it, and to know impossiblility through human means when i see it.  Anyone else have any gripes that fall along these lines?  It was especially bad on some IO server Battleforce Infantry Only City Maps.  I love the server, and i have nothing against the Admins or people that play there.  The Admins were very receptive to my pointing out the 'great' shooting some of the snipers were doing, but i hate that a good server like that is being dragged down by those to cheap to play the game fair.  Well...that's my rant, sorry it was so long.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6588|Seattle

How 'bout them Mariners? I think they're gonna go all the way this year.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6537|Doncaster, UK
I reckon they stand a chance..... who are they?
samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6542
mmm, i think the same thing sometimes..but I dunno.

Mariners? football team im guessing?
JT_001
+17|6411|Canada
what's an aimbot?
arson
+99|6628|New York

Kyouteki wrote:

Hmmm, I'm not gonna get off on a long 'fuck this fuck that' spiel about aimbots, but i would like to say...as much i dearly love the new infantry only option, the level of players is fantastic in the way of skill, fun, and other things like that.  I have however noticed that there are getting to be more and more snipers that...wow, just get THE most amazing god damn head shots i've ever seen in my life.  Now, the arguement could be made that it's a result of improving kit ability from playing only the kits themselves.  I'm always open to such ideas...but i have played long enough to know skill when i see it, and to know impossiblility through human means when i see it.  Anyone else have any gripes that fall along these lines?  It was especially bad on some IO server Battleforce Infantry Only City Maps.  I love the server, and i have nothing against the Admins or people that play there.  The Admins were very receptive to my pointing out the 'great' shooting some of the snipers were doing, but i hate that a good server like that is being dragged down by those to cheap to play the game fair.  Well...that's my rant, sorry it was so long.
There are so many angles where a sniper can be off hidden in the distance  and you wouldn't know where he hit you from.  Just be happy hes not out gaymore spamming...
bob-brainiac
+6|6703|belgium
i mostly play as sniper and since 1.4 it seem easier to get a head shot. or i have become a super player but i think it is with patch 1.4. i never use aim-bots or any other cheats.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6685|Howell, Mi USA
Great, another 'he's better than me - must be a hacker" thread   
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6588|Seattle

samhornby wrote:

Close....Baseball.

/back on topic so I don't get yelled at....Yeah, darn those aimbotters! Darn them straight to heck!

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-10-06 08:56:32)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
E1_ned
+8|6485|netherlands

JT_001 wrote:

what's an aimbot?
googled this

Program / Software tool used with first person shooting games to help the player shoot more efficiently, commonly automatically aiming their gun to the enemy. Because this helps the user shoot more accurately with less skill, this is considered cheating when used.

however punkbuster should pick them out...

Last edited by E1_ned (2006-10-06 09:07:54)

silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6413|San Antonio, TX
Come on guys, you know there are people out there doing it.  I've had guys take me out with one shot on IO RTJ when I just spawned.  You complain about "gaymores" and nade-addicts, but at least they are legitimate parts of the game.  People that use bots should be banned for life.  It's the worst type of stat padding IMO.  If you can't play the game on your own abilities, maybe you shouldn't be playing at all.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6537|Doncaster, UK

King_County_Downy wrote:

samhornby wrote:

Close....Baseball.

/back on topic so I don't get yelled at....Yeah, darn those aimbotters! Darn them straight to heck!
*behaving himself*

Why would a sniper need an aimbot?
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6582|Your attic
I don't think aimbots are all that common, however wallhacks (ie the enemy can see you through walls and knows your position) are most likely a little more common. But realistically I don't think there are too many hackers for BF2.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6536|Sverige (SWE)

bob-brainiac wrote:

i mostly play as sniper and since 1.4 it seem easier to get a head shot. or i have become a super player but i think it is with patch 1.4. i never use aim-bots or any other cheats.
With the new glitch in 1.4 - when you can shot people in the head again and again and thy don't die... i don't think is is so match use and it is CHEATING!
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6614|Camp XRay

i love my aimbot....i mean 1337 skillz
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Kyouteki
+27|6561

Cbass wrote:

Nah man, it's nothing like that.  It's rare for me to complain about the 'hacking' aspect of gameplay, but like i said...i know skill, and i know impossible.  I've played for long enough to be able to tell the difference.  However, you're entitled to your own opinion, and i know i'm fighting an uphill battle considering the multitudes of chat ninnies that like to waste space complaining about subjects or game aspects that really are more their fault than anyone else's.  But does it really seem that hard to imagine that someone might have gotten the idea..."hey, IO, let's go ahead and get the upper hand by slipping a little aimbotting in there."
midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6520|here
I can say that as a sniper, I've made some impossible shots myself, and when i do, I just sit and stare at the computer, wondering how I just did that.  I don't use aimbots.

I can also say that on RTJ, there are so many good sniper spots, you're bound to be picked off constantly.  Not to mention, there was a time where I got a sniper firing squad set up.  5 snipers in a line just picking people off in the Outpost.

If you want to rack in kills on RTJ, learn to countersnipe.  That's usually all I do on IO RTJ servers, and I usually pull in about 25-30 kills, easy.
Septimius2
+9|6460
gotta agree with fruitloop...

why would a sniper use an aimbot?

headshots are what snipers DO...

and the same thing for snipers in the way of thinking...

""i headshotted 3 peeps in row from 250m.. but im 20 meters away from this guy.. and shoot him 3 times in the head and NOTHING!! wtf??""

goes both ways on this subject
Dex Luther
+32|6429|Canukastan

E1_ned wrote:

JT_001 wrote:

what's an aimbot?
googled this

Program / Software tool used with first person shooting games to help the player shoot more efficiently, commonly automatically aiming their gun to the enemy. Because this helps the user shoot more accurately with less skill, this is considered cheating when used.

No. These days there are a multitude of hack/cheats that aren't picked up by PB. Someone told me this is because the cheat isn't actually on your computer. Something about you connect to some server before starting BF2 and the cheat is streamed onto your computer so that PB can't detect it.
E1_ned
+8|6485|netherlands

Dex Luther wrote:

E1_ned wrote:

JT_001 wrote:

what's an aimbot?
googled this

No. These days there are a multitude of hack/cheats that aren't picked up by PB. Someone told me this is because the cheat isn't actually on your computer. Something about you connect to some server before starting BF2 and the cheat is streamed onto your computer so that PB can't detect it.
punkbuster aslo investigates illegal packeges that are sent by the computer.. so i read
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6700

midnitebassist wrote:

I can say that as a sniper, I've made some impossible shots myself, and when i do, I just sit and stare at the computer, wondering how I just did that.  I don't use aimbots.

I can also say that on RTJ, there are so many good sniper spots, you're bound to be picked off constantly.  Not to mention, there was a time where I got a sniper firing squad set up.  5 snipers in a line just picking people off in the Outpost.

If you want to rack in kills on RTJ, learn to countersnipe.  That's usually all I do on IO RTJ servers, and I usually pull in about 25-30 kills, easy.
with a bit of practice its not  hard to get 25 or 30 kills  at all on full server with few deaths to boot ( usualy less than 10).   There are more good snipers now cause IO helps you improve skill with out worrying about arty, tanks, choppers, planes... plus it seems like more often the commander is fighting rather than scanning & spotting.  Some people can sight up (get you in the cross hairs) really quick.  A three hunderd yard shot is no biggy for a decent sniper with the right settings especialy if you stop for a second.  I don't think there are that many aim bots, just a concentration of snipers, medics, and support on IO.  I have had times when I have shot people with only 1 or 2 pixels of the top of there head showing or through small gaps in a wall.  M95 shoots through fences and people hop like bunnies which make easy to tell where they are when thier head pops up.

Its skill and practice not aimbots.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6516|dunno
just cause the own you doesnt mean they hack lamo.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6470
Why would a person use an aimbot?
1. They dont have skills.
2. They dont have a sense of fair play. 
3. They play the game to win regardless of how they do it.
4. They think scores are an example of their success in their personal life.

Why a majority do not use aimbots.  1. Skills baby!  Skill attained by hours of hard work and dedicated game time. 
2. We dont cheat. We dont tolerate cheaters. We hunt down cheaters and report them to BF2 Roe.
3. Our mama's taught us better. Cheaters never win.
4. Our personal pride in the fact we are honest and upheld our intergrity regardless of how bad we may lose.  We do not submit to the temptation of cheating. It devalues our personal character.
5. BF2 stats are not a personal reflection ourselves. Its a game. Why cheat?
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6520|Belgium

Cbass wrote:

People are short sighted for somebody else's skill. Every time i headshot a running/jumping target i get hax accusations and threats thrown at me.
If i use the SVD im an SVD whore, when i kill the same guy with M24 after that im an M24 whore? :p

The only way to get revenge is.. playing sniper yourself
*e6/TheChronic
+21|6472
ive shot at people who were running like towards a wall for cover, and ive killed them as they ran right behind at, and the shot didnt register till he was past the wall, and i couldnt see him, but i killed him anyways, lol and i dont use any kind of hacks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard