OuTLaW667
+2|6467
Scotland Yard has launched an urgent review after a Muslim police officer was excused from guarding London's Israeli Embassy on moral grounds.

PC Alexander Omar Basha, who is attached to the Metropolitan Police's Diplomatic Protection Group, asked for special dispensation because of his objection to Israel's bombing of Lebanon.

Former Flying Squad commander John O'Connor criticised the decision and warned: "This is the beginning of the end for British policing. When you join the police, you do so to provide a service to the public. If you cannot perform those duties, you leave."

^^^You couldn't make this shit up^^^

Where does it end??? Will he refuse to arrest terrorist's next cos he sympathises with them??

This country is fast becoming a joke!!!!!! 

Mod edit: using [b] in the title has no use.

Last edited by OuTLaW667 (2006-10-05 09:19:52)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6568|Global Command
I'm not surprised.

BBC fails in titles.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6776

The guy should be fired.

You join the force to protect and server, not to protect and serve a certain group, or not.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6518
In Texas the State Highway Patrol provided security for a Klu Klux Klan rally at the steps of the states capitol in Austin. Among the riot gear wearing officers were three black officers six hispanic officers and twelve of mix heritages (hispanic/white).  They put their duties above their personal beliefs.  There should be no exceptions.
commissargizz
+123|6503| Heaven
Your right this country is shit now, going right down the pan.
bogo24dk
+26|6545
Ohhh my god............... Worst crime in the history. This man should be killed and hanged for this.

Let me see if it was a Jewish officer who diden't want to be guard at a Iranian embessy non of you will have a problem with that. Right?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6775|Salt Lake City

bogo24dk wrote:

Ohhh my god............... Worst crime in the history. This man should be killed and hanged for this.

Let me see if it was a Jewish officer who diden't want to be guard at a Iranian embessy non of you will have a problem with that. Right?
No, it goes both ways.
OuTLaW667
+2|6467
Killed and hanged is a little bit OTT...............a couple of swift jabs to the head would suffice.

He should also be suspended from his job for showing bias and discrimination.

He's there to do a job, not get involved in pollitics. Ever heard of conflicting interests??

Last edited by OuTLaW667 (2006-10-05 10:47:08)

UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6692
He asked.  That's not a crime.  You people saying he should be fired for asking are just wrong.

OuTLaW667 wrote:

Where does it end??? Will he refuse to arrest terrorist's next cos he sympathises with them??
Actually, he refused to defend the terrorists.  And since he didn't disobey any orders what's the beef? He asked, they allowed it.

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-10-05 10:45:11)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6621|SE London

I don't know what I think about that. It really all depends on how it happened.
If the muslim policeman simply asked not to guard the Israeli embassy and was told that was ok, then fine, fair enough.
If he refused to do it, then that's different. Fair enough he's standing up for what he believes in, but he's refusing to do his job, which he should be sacked for.

There is an important difference between asking not to do something and refusing to do something.

It's comparable to being asked to patrol one area and asking, "couldn't I patrol over here instead?", what's wrong with that?
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6692
Apparently his wife is Lebanese, and he was worried about the repercussions for his relatives in Lebanon if he was seen to be guarding the embassy.  He didn't refuse to do anything.

http://express.lineone.net/news_detail_ … 1511324-H0
JahManRed
wank
+646|6667|IRELAND

OuTLaW667 wrote:

Scotland Yard has launched an urgent review after a Muslim police officer was excused from guarding London's Israeli Embassy on moral grounds.

PC Alexander Omar Basha, who is attached to the Metropolitan Police's Diplomatic Protection Group, asked for special dispensation because of his objection to Israel's bombing of Lebanon.

Former Flying Squad commander John O'Connor criticised the decision and warned: "This is the beginning of the end for British policing. When you join the police, you do so to provide a service to the public. If you cannot perform those duties, you leave."

Mod edit: using [b] in the title has no use.
Did you read or listen to what the officer requested??? Obviously Not.  He didn't refuse because it was the Israeli Office, he had been guarding it for quite some time. It was during the bombing of Lebanon that he "requested" he be moved on compassionate grounds. He was afraid that one of the hundreds of Muslims protesting only feet away from him, a proportion of which were extremist would recognize him as a Muslim as he has a full beard. He was looking out for his own safety and the safety of his family as he could be labeled a target for extremists.
Perhaps you should read a few other papers apart from the Star and look at all sides before coming on here and crying Holy war............
CameronPoe
+2,925|6595
So it looks like it's another 'fantastic I got another story to lambast muslims with'/'Help! Help! Western society is falling apart!' thread from some itchy triggerfinger hotshot that probably didn't investigate the story anymore than taking a cursory glance at the first paragraph of the article he posted. Nice.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-05 11:32:10)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6797|Argentina
I think the police officer should protect anyone, no matter what he may think about the person or institution he's protecting.  The officer is wrong.  But, I think as always some people are doing a lot of noise about nothing.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6621|SE London

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Apparently his wife is Lebanese, and he was worried about the repercussions for his relatives in Lebanon if he was seen to be guarding the embassy.  He didn't refuse to do anything.

In that case I can't see that he has done anything wrong.

If anyone is to blame for anything it is the MET for accepting his request.
OuTLaW667
+2|6467

JahManRed wrote:

OuTLaW667 wrote:

Mod edit: using in the title has no use.
Did you read or listen to what the officer requested??? Obviously Not.  He didn't refuse because it was the Israeli Office, he had been guarding it for quite some time. It was during the bombing of Lebanon that he "requested" he be moved on compassionate grounds. He was afraid that one of the hundreds of Muslims protesting only feet away from him, a proportion of which were extremist would recognize him as a Muslim as he has a full beard. He was looking out for his own safety and the safety of his family as he could be labeled a target for extremists.
Perhaps you should read a few other papers apart from the Star and look at all sides before coming on here and crying Holy war............
Poor thing.......worried about his safety??? He's obviously in the [b]WRONG FUCKING JOB.

Sounds like a bullshit excuse to me to make the situation blow over.

Superintendent Dal Babu, chairman of the Association of Muslim Police, said: "This should have remained a private matter, a matter about welfare issues for an officer who has got Christian and Muslim relatives in Lebanon."

Why's that then? We all know how discrimination by white police officers is so publicly highlighted.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6692
@ OuTLaW667 - Worried about the safety of his family.  When someone signs up to the police, they should expect their family to be put in danger, in your world?  Why you persist in bashing him knowing this is beyond me.  This topic should be closed, IMO.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6621|SE London

OuTLaW667 wrote:

Superintendent Dal Babu, chairman of the Association of Muslim Police, said: "This should have remained a private matter, a matter about welfare issues for an officer who has got Christian and Muslim relatives in Lebanon."

Why's that then? We all know how discrimination by white police officers is so publicly highlighted.
It's discrimination against a regime, which tends to be perfectly acceptable within the UK. Remember all the controversy surrounding the England cricket teams tour of Zimbabwe?
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6670|USA

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

nice spin, but i dont buy it
OuTLaW667
+2|6467

Bertster7 wrote:

OuTLaW667 wrote:

It's discrimination against a regime, which tends to be perfectly acceptable within the UK. Remember all the controversy surrounding the England cricket teams tour of Zimbabwe?
For a start, the english cricket team are not responsible for policing the uk with an impartial opinion.

Secondly, the post wasn't really meant to be a rant at the individual for his beliefs or anything else.

But at the MET for allowing it to happen.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6803|d
"He was apparently willing to take up the posting but was concerned about the safety implications for his family if he was spotted guarding the embassy. It also emerged that the incident related to just one two-hour slot outside the embassy, which was not on the officer's usual duty rota, on one particular day."

Good on him.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6621|SE London

OuTLaW667 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

OuTLaW667 wrote:

For a start, the english cricket team are not responsible for policing the uk with an impartial opinion.

Secondly, the post wasn't really meant to be a rant at the individual for his beliefs or anything else.

But at the MET for allowing it to happen.
Fair enough. It's clearly the MET's fault. Not the officer in question, you can ask whatever you want (within reason) it is up to your employer to determine whether to accept your request.

The England cricket team, like any international sporting team, are responsible for representing their country - it's important. I consider it a perfectly valid comparison. It's not as though the embassy wasn't protected anyway, all that happened was a slight reallocation of human resources.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-10-05 12:16:30)

BVC
+325|6735
If you think about it, its really saying how shit the extremists are...the guy feared what they could do, and thats why he requested he be moved.  Put yourself in his shoes.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6599

CameronPoe wrote:

So it looks like it's another 'fantastic I got another story to lambast muslims with'/'Help! Help! Western society is falling apart!' thread from some itchy triggerfinger hotshot that probably didn't investigate the story anymore than taking a cursory glance at the first paragraph of the article he posted. Nice.
So he wanted to protect his family. Who was he protecting them from? From muslims. Why? Because there all fuckin crazy!!
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6599

mafia996630 wrote:

"He was apparently willing to take up the posting but was concerned about the safety implications for his family if he was spotted guarding the embassy. It also emerged that the incident related to just one two-hour slot outside the embassy, which was not on the officer's usual duty rota, on one particular day."

Good on him.
See how muslims create fear even for their own kind. What a nice faith.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard