FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6523|so randum
Just come out of playing a few rounds of karkand, and within about 10 minutes, was able to identify exactly what the majority of the players on that map do, with regards to their kits

Anti-Tank- Can be found running down alleys in pairs, blasting away with dao12s, until the poor squad to round the corner, resemble mince meat. every once in a while, actually bother to engage armour. Another common, if retarded tactic of AT, is to fire a SRAW/ERYX at a opponant, when only 2 feet away. This results in 1 dead opponant, and one dead AT player. Futile strategy

Assault- a rare breed on karkand(or at least the games i played) tend to run around flashbangin thier own team, or jump around gl in hand, blowing away helpless squads.

Engineer- rarely seen actually on foot, and if so, often attempting to engage enemy at 100 metres with a shotgun, insisting it is the "pwzor leet weapon". Then when killed by a assault rifle, cry "haxor" Most often seen in a Tank, sitting about 100 metres from the hotel, shooting at anything that moves, friend or foe

Medic- found in squads 6 strong, all fully equipped with g36e's or ak101's, and often revive players directly into the barrel of a PKM, or grenade, or claymore, or tank, or apc, or manic dao12 anti tankers and...so on. Often score insanely high scores, with 3 or so kills, and 50 revives.

Spec Ops. Found lurking behind the corrugated metal fence near usmc spawn, detanator in hand, waiting patiently to blow to kingdom come, any squad that dares come near them. failing that, seen driving vodniks/HV's loaded with c4, straight into the enemy. A strange breed.

Support. Hang around the hotel, and throw a never ending supply of grenades towards the opposition, never considering flanking, and using that fully automatic squad killer...

Sniper. On any given day, the amount of snipers playing Karkand, fluctuates wildly, from one per team, to 25 per team. Spam claymores like there's no tomorrow, and go prone and blow someones head off, from 5 metres away. Alternativly, hang around the same fences as Spec Ops, and wait for someone to run into their claymores

I know this is a huge sweeping generalisation, and i do not play like this, as i am sure that not many people here do, however i find it laughable how players on Karkand often fall into one of these styles of play, and do not adapt.

EDIT-cbass suggestions

Last edited by fatherted13 (2006-10-05 16:02:27)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6614|Your attic
True that
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
+62|6702|Adelaide, Australia
Yep, that's Spam at Karkand for you...
Dr_3V|L
+51|6748|Twente, The Netherlands
Nice post, gotta love all those stereotypes of players.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6717|Howell, Mi USA
Yep, sounds about right.

Add 1 thing to AT kit, If they aren't roaming the alleys with a DAO-12, there doing it with a SRAW. Firing a missle at an enemy 2ft away killing them and himself.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-10-05 10:03:55)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6470|Boulder, CO
yup thats definately right though i don't tend to see as many anti tank at all. i admit though that i am in the medic part with my big squad of mates all medic and jsut gettin over 100 each. though on that round we only healed each other nobody outside out squad. and we just went around in 3 full APC's and just took any base that there was.

good times!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard