Poll

After installing the new patch -Do you crash to desktop more or less?

Never. Great job Dice/EA. PROBLEMS FIXED!!!22%22% - 10
Same as before the patch. WTF?6%6% - 3
Patch made me crash more. You Bastards!6%6% - 3
Patch allowed less crashes. Good effort.63%63% - 28
1.4 patch?0%0% - 0
Total: 44
13rin
+977|6471
Just curious.  I have had WAY FEWER crashes to desktop since 1.4.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Diogenese
Philosopher King
+16|6587|New York State, USA
I never crashed to desktop before 1.4. After 1.4 it happens a couple of times a week; usually a couple of times a night on a particular server and then I'm good for awhile.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.
i still do occasionally. it wasnt too big of a problem with 1.3, and even less now with 1.4. the major problem for me was the servers crashing. that happened every other round it seemed like.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6514
null vote, i crash less but i refuse to say good effort
X3M*Selkie
+13|6570|Belgium
Get alot less crashes lately (after installing 1.4).
Though I think it is/was related to the servers too. Some were crashing more often then others, so depending on which one you were playing you get/got the impression its better/worse. With all the hype and flaming about the 1.3 patch it has become a mental thing too....
LT.Victim
+1,175|6555|British Columbia, Canada
I CTD when i change Weapons right before i spawn..

"I'm going medic, k?"

"ok"

"no wait go Anti-tank!!"

Crashed to desktop...

anyone else CTD like this sometimes?

Switch at the last second, i mean like 0.05 seconds to go..
Diogenese
Philosopher King
+16|6587|New York State, USA

LT.Victim wrote:

I CTD when i change Weapons right before i spawn..

"I'm going medic, k?"

"ok"

"no wait go Anti-tank!!"

Crashed to desktop...

anyone else CTD like this sometimes?

Switch at the last second, i mean like 0.05 seconds to go..
I do. I have noticed this a few times. I try to be more decisive. I would not say I'm complaining or even say they, the so called bastards, did a bad job with the game. I love it and have always loved it.... why get all worked up; it's a game. What other game out there keeps us playing for this long? I have never stuck with a game so long and enjoyed it. Kudos!

Last edited by Diogenese (2006-10-04 22:35:18)

MILLWRIGHT32
+0|6736|Toronto, Canada
Yesterday after putting up with numerous CTD's which seemed to coincide with the 1.4 patch, I checked my firewall settings after reading a post on another gaming site from 2001. The windows security center showed it enabled. Since I run behind a router this option has always been turned off/disabled and monitored by myself (to avoid the icon near the clock touting a problem).
Windows put out a security update recently which enabled this firewall, I disabled it again and played for 4.5 hours last night...not one CTD.

Check it out! Maybe it's not the patch at all, just good 'ol Bill dicking with your computer to cover his crap O.S. again.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6731|Omaha, Nebraska
The few CTD's I have experienced is when someone comes to revieve me I hear Clear! then I get a CTD.... Rarely but everytime it seems to be releated to revive.

Last edited by splixx (2006-10-05 07:02:02)

zero_x830
+5|6417|Netherlands
I CTD less since 1.4 but still do though, its just randomly here .
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6836|Bryan/College Station, TX
CTD is not my issue with 1.4. In fact it's not the issue with many people on 1.4. However the one issue just about everyone has experienced is more "Problem with Connection" issues. It's as if you are lagged but your ping will be sub 100. So it's a mystery as to why you would have any issues with your connection. At least that's what I seem to have problems with the most.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6687|Howell, Mi USA
Never. Great job Dice/EA. PROBLEMS FIXED!!!

I crashed atleast twice a week with 1.3, since i installed 1.4 i haven't crashed at all. Very happy with it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
MrBrain
+24|6683|Finland
I dare not click "join game" any more before I've clicked "auto ready" a couple of times until there a BF-click sound from the speakers. This was foolproof with 1.3, it always crashed if the checkbox was silent. It's still silent a while when the map has loaded and I still haven't dared click "join game" if the sound isn't there...

Also the serverlist in the lobby is friggin annoyin now after 1.4, it doesn't work anymore to click on an already highlighted server to refresh the ping/users, you have to click on another one in between. Friggin stupid, this was useful if the server was full and you we're waiting for a free slot
StrydA
+1|6520|Essex
None... well 1  much less then bfor thoguh, and ive only had 1 server crash... but admins sed they hadnt restarted for a while. its deffinatly ok now for me
StrydA
+1|6520|Essex
Turn Music right down in options if you get lag/CTD when pressing the Join game button

P.S couldnt editsays 500- internal error :?
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6743|Chicago.
With 1.3, I only crashed a few times  over the life of the patch, at the most 10 times.

So far, it's only been once, but the entire server went down with us.

So I say good effort.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6619|Warlord
CTDs? Way fewer doesn't even begin to describe it.

Not that I had it that bad with 1.3 (a bad week had maybe 10-15) but I've only had three, total, I think since 1.4. These were just random ones, not directly related to clicking on the Join button or anything.
Rogue_Delta
+6|6448
crashed a lot before 1.4, and had just a couple after that. looks to me like it's server-related tho..

all in all, I say good job
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461
I have not CTDed since it was released other then when my PC overheats because the lack of server crash make me play for too long.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard