theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6741
just got myself a new logitech MX1000 as my old logitech was starting to jump a bit and i felt it was letting down my aim somewhat.

and do you know what, it was! now my aim is spot on and within four games i have had more kills per round in a row than ever before. dont know weather it has just been luck, but managed to join a game and get 13 kills within 2 minutes as a medic, no armour or transports involved.
Next round, start killing the bad guys whilst healing my team mates and help to win the round with over 20 kills within the 20 min round (not as impressive).
next round i get over 25 kills in about 20 mins, plus pretty much win the round for the team by capping three flags by myself and my squad mate.

what a difference.

but is it just me or do there seem to be many many many more new soldiers joining the BF2 forces? every game i join i end up with a squad full of privates!!

one round i was repairing my teams assets on Karkand. while repairing the artillery, a team member walks up and drops some c4 right in front of me. so i think he is just setting a trap or something. but he walks of and blows it up! what was he doing blowing up his own assets and me trying to fix it!!
Stogle
+0|6730
^_^ mx1000 is amazing, ive been using one ever since staples first started carrying them.  and ive also had some awesome luck too, 3 rounds in a row as antitank with over 100 points each.  dont know how or why but i lost every single round like that when i had 40 or 50 kills each.  eh w/e glad i got the points
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6754|Austin TX
i need a new mouse.  maybe santa will give me one
Far
+22|6721|USA
I'm a button FREAK when it comes to a mouse, the more buttons the better.
Question: Are all the buttons on the MX1000 programmable?
Right now I have an MX510 and really love having 8 buttons but its taken a beating over the time I've had it. I have my eyes on the MX518 because its so similar to the MX510 and someone here told me that all the buttons are indeed programmable.
But if the MX1000 allows you to change all the buttons I may go with that one. 10 buttons is always better than 8
I do not care about being able to change the DPI on-the-fly, I'd rather use those buttons for other things BF related.
I could have sworn I read a review a while ago that mentioned that the left/right "buttons" on the scroll wheel aren't programmable so I said 'screw it' but if someone could verify I'd appreciate it.
SargeJp
+87|6741|Canada
cordless mouses sucks for gaming
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6767|UK
I use a cordless mouse & keyboard and they are good. However my mate who tries to play on my computer couldn't hit the broadside of a barn because he's a wired up bitch.
=LES=LIGHTS_OUT
+0|6710
check out the Razer Copperhead totally blows everything else out of the water
Maj.Do
+85|6743|good old CA
i use a razer like lights. i like it.  dont like the logitech(new ones)
sandaltube
+0|6772
I use a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical and usually record over 20 kills a round on urban maps.  Your mouse/trackball probably has less to do with your score than you think.
SargeJp
+87|6741|Canada
well, its not about your stats probably. Maybe your mouse works fine for you but for some people it sucks. Like when you quick fast change weapon (primary to the pistol) it may lags because it  has interference with stuff near the computer. such as the roter, the radio etc.

thats y i say it sucks
SargeJp
+87|6741|Canada
i tried the G5 laser mouse and i say its a good mouse for gaming. but still the mouse doesnt make the player...
CackNBallz
+45|6734|Toronto, Canada
I also have the MX1000 mouse.  Laser optical baby! I have no cords to tangle with any objects on my desk and I don't perceive any lag at all while I play.

It's a great mouse, especially because it comes with a charging dock.
AlphaDrake
+10|6774|Edmonton
I also have the MX1000, love it, never had a problem.
alav
+6|6751
Had the MX1000 and now own the G5 + Steelpad S&S Mouse mat.

I really like taking full advantage of the supposed 2000 dpi technology. Its ergonomic construction is far superior, for gaming, than the MX1000 and G7's. in my honest opinion.

Then again, I strongly agree with you guys that say that the mouse, mat, computer rig, or connection do not make the player, however it helps achieving better results.

Cya on the battlefield fellas...
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6741

Far wrote:

I'm a button FREAK when it comes to a mouse, the more buttons the better.
Question: Are all the buttons on the MX1000 programmable?
Right now I have an MX510 and really love having 8 buttons but its taken a beating over the time I've had it. I have my eyes on the MX518 because its so similar to the MX510 and someone here told me that all the buttons are indeed programmable.
But if the MX1000 allows you to change all the buttons I may go with that one. 10 buttons is always better than 8
I do not care about being able to change the DPI on-the-fly, I'd rather use those buttons for other things BF related.
I could have sworn I read a review a while ago that mentioned that the left/right "buttons" on the scroll wheel aren't programmable so I said 'screw it' but if someone could verify I'd appreciate it.
Far when you install the software for the mouse, there is a program which lets you assign the 8 buttons to different functions like scrolling, copy, paste, cruise scroll and other things. set my mouse up for all these functions, but when i started playing BF2 discovered that it only recognised three mouse buttons when i tried to assign them to functions. mouse 0, 1 and 2. but then i discovered that you can assign 4 of the buttons as generic mouse buttons, which means that when u play BF2 you can now have mouse 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 ... not bad!!
Far
+22|6721|USA

theDude5B wrote:

Far when you install the software for the mouse, there is a program which lets you assign the 8 buttons to different functions like scrolling, copy, paste, cruise scroll and other things. set my mouse up for all these functions, but when i started playing BF2 discovered that it only recognised three mouse buttons when i tried to assign them to functions. mouse 0, 1 and 2. but then i discovered that you can assign 4 of the buttons as generic mouse buttons, which means that when u play BF2 you can now have mouse 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 ... not bad!!
Thanks for the reply theDude5B
I had to do the same with the MX510, for the 2 buttons above and below the scroll wheel I changed them to KB "Page Up" & "Page Down" (of course I had to change what buttons BF2 recognizes as "Vote Yes" & "Vote No") and the button that is usually the mouses "Back" button I changed it to KB "Backspace" so that I could at least keep their functionality while browsing the web.
Now, were you able to do the same with the mouse scroll wheels 'left' and 'right' function? You mentioned that you could do it with 8 of the mouses buttons, so I'm not sure if you are or aren't including the traditional "Left & Right Mouse" buttons or not when you say 8. I ask to make sure only because I count 10 on the MX1000 and would LOVE the extra 2 buttons
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6741

Far wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

Thanks for the reply theDude5B
I had to do the same with the MX510, for the 2 buttons above and below the scroll wheel I changed them to KB "Page Up" & "Page Down" (of course I had to change what buttons BF2 recognizes as "Vote Yes" & "Vote No") and the button that is usually the mouses "Back" button I changed it to KB "Backspace" so that I could at least keep their functionality while browsing the web.
Now, were you able to do the same with the mouse scroll wheels 'left' and 'right' function? You mentioned that you could do it with 8 of the mouses buttons, so I'm not sure if you are or aren't including the traditional "Left & Right Mouse" buttons or not when you say 8. I ask to make sure only because I count 10 on the MX1000 and would LOVE the extra 2 buttons
No unfortunately the left and right scroll are not counted as buttons on the mouse, so you can not assign them with anything other than scrolling left and right.

i noticed that you can only assign the two of the three buttons on the side of the mouse to be generic mouse buttons, which means that the mouse has button 0, 1, 2, plus 2 generic mouse buttons. but then you can assign the third side button and the other two top buttons to 'page up', 'page down', etc.. but like you said, you will then have to change the vote system within BF2 so you can utilize the mouse buttons for something else.

Very good mouse!
Far
+22|6721|USA
Cool, thanks for your help
Maj.Do
+85|6743|good old CA
gee a mouse wont make u that good. i still use a ball mouse sometimes and i can still kill
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6746
A ball mouse?  Truly you need to upgrade, even a crap $6 lazer mouse will do your 10x better than a ball mouse.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6730|Toronto | Canada

I use a ball mouse and... look at my stats - I can still manage
Maj.Do
+85|6743|good old CA
i havea opti but i dont use it as much as my ball
-=Scott=-
+2|6824|San Diego, CA
Razer Copperhead > Logitech
http://razerzone.com/products/products_copperhead.php

Last edited by -=Scott=- (2005-12-11 01:29:34)

SargeJp
+87|6741|Canada

Maj.Do wrote:

gee a mouse wont make u that good. i still use a ball mouse sometimes and i can still kill
i totally agree. i know how the fps works and its not about the mouse

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard