Rillvar
+1|6732|Stockholm
Ok, so here I am, fighting on Operation Clean Sweap as a MEC soldier. I see a guy with a red name over his head. Ah, an enemy! KILL!!! Afterwards a got punished for team killing. Ok, i thought, maybe another team member run into my fire from my rifle. A bit later in the round ite happend again! WTF!? Then after a while a saw that there where dudes in my team with names in red!!! I have read about this thing about changing the name colour and so on but never encountered it.

I complained in the team chat but the one with the other colour only came with some lame excuses and told me to check the statistic table (yeah right, like I've time to check that before everytime I aim at a rednamed player). I got a minus score and of course I got a kick voting againt me so I quit and change server.

My question now is: why the f change that!? What's wrong with the blue colour? Changing it is a magnet for being shot down by own people! They are practically begging about it!!! It is not cool at all! I don't think like, wow! Awesome, that nerd has changed a thing I don't now how to do. wicked! No! It is frankly just stupid!

So, what do all other gamers think about this subject/topic?

btw, I created a login on bf2s only for the fact that I was so pissed and wanted to complain about this so bad!!!

Last edited by Rillvar (2005-12-10 17:54:32)

Schizferatu
+0|6739|West Central Indiana
Oh my God, this has to be the height of idiocy!  Fucking newbatious bastages!  They all deserve to be TK'd - please tell me what server so I can get banned from it for doing it.  UNBELIEVABLE!
Rillvar
+1|6732|Stockholm
I don't remeber the server or the name of the moron which is a pity. Yellow or orange colour is a wiser choice but still I find no real useful usage of it.

Isn't there anyone else who has come across this issue and got really furious over it?!
divided
Clear!
+3|6792
Is this a fucking joke?
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6743|New Hampshire
Wow...completely retarded.  It's been a glitch for a while now...
Rillvar
+1|6732|Stockholm

divided wrote:

Is this a fucking joke?
No, absolutly not! What makes you think that? Do you think it's funny? Does it seems like i laughing about it?

Last edited by Rillvar (2005-12-11 17:48:47)

tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6867|San Francisco

This is a glitch/bug in the game, it is not something that someone did on purpose to make their name display as a different color above their head.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6867|"Frisco"

You can only change your name to Orange -- no other colors. This Red/Blue confusion is a MAJOR bug that DICE has not yet fixed (honestly, I'm a little surprised seeing as it is REALLY common, and quite a problem.)

Rillvar
+1|6732|Stockholm
aha! didn't know that! I've played for nearly 100 hours and it was the first time I encountered it, so it can't be that common. Very strange bug though.
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6762|Vienna- Austria
its very common... nearly everybody had it..

and its not their fault... if u have time... remember his name and next time aiming on him dont shot him if that occurs again (which surely will) .. just say sry and say it was because of the bug
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6767|UK
The bug only seems to happen when playing with China (for the guy who didn't know about this).
It really is about time they fixed it! Thought it would have been fixed with the latest update, sounds as though it hasn't been though.
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6768|Netherlands
i had it once i was the usmc and sudenly i saw a usmc with a red name .. i was like WTF
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6867|San Francisco

-=88.dNk.88=- wrote:

The bug only seems to happen when playing with China (for the guy who didn't know about this).
Uh, no... I've seen it plenty of times on non-chinese maps.
Esker
+1|6746
Yeah annoying bug this and I've been the victim of it plenty of times. Not that I'm bitter or anything but having people on the same team run right up to your face look at you "Hmmm you like an American but I'll shoot you anyway, gah a teamkill how'd that happen" and repeat it for the rest of the round kinda gets on your wick especially when it's the same guys who keep doing it.

It forces you to leave the server unfortunately.
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6767|UK
Has anyone seen this problem recently? Since the last update. Cos I put a question to EA about it.
Wanna see the reply?:
"Hello,   

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. I’m sorry for the difficulty that you are having with Battlefield 2.

You can try disconnecting then reconnecting or try another server and see if this resolves the issue. If the issue persists, please fill in this information and send back to us and we will see what we can do:

Username
Current rank / expected rank / description of issue
Server played on

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com)

Jonas M. 
EA Technical Support"

And the Question I posted them:
"When is EA going to fix the problem of players names being displayed in red, even when on same team - creating major team killing problems.

See Forum Topic: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=7254

Please let me know whats going on with this, and please fix it."

If anyone has seen this problem recently post it here, & I'll contact them further.

-=88.dNk.88=-

Last edited by -=88.dNk.88=- (2005-12-13 15:28:14)

Drewfuss
+0|6726
This happened to me today.  The jacked up part is, it happened on two different servers one after the other.  I was kicked both times.  I think it's messed up because I play exclusively on both servers.  Does anyone know if Dice or EA will put out a patch to correct this problem?
PinkSugarHeartAttack
Sailor Mini Moon
+0|6747
The Red Name Bug™  haunts BF2 like a bad plague. I've been the victim of it many times. One teammate of mine figured it out and tried to help me one round by following me everywhere as a medic. He got a lot of revives since while running through our base I would without a doubt get capped or knifed by a teammate.  It usually resolves itself the next round or if you disconnect and reconnect. I've heard a lot of theories on how this occurs, but it still seems random to me. Learning to recognize uniforms will help. Playing sniper will improve that skill, sometimes you can't see the name color just the uniform he's wearing.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6751|St. Andrews / Oslo

The bug is annoying, but the worst things are those people who (delibratly) make their names big and orange! Isn't the server admin suposed to kick these people?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
xaven
+25|6752|Berlin
he should...
Drewfuss
+0|6726
You can’t go by looking at the uniform alone.  If the enemy steals a uniform from a dead teammate, he will then have your teams’ uniform on but with the exception of having a red name above his head.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6788|Human Meat Shield
I look at it as a spy. shoot to hurt but don't kill. if he turns and doesn't fire, he's friendly.
Lonewolf
+0|6799
If iit was orange then it would be the coloured name text code

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard