11-87 (american shotgun)
An SVD (fun fun fun)
a clone of an m24
A saiga twelve gauge (the mec shotgun)

Oddly, I have no AK's, I've just never gotten into them that much IRL

As for other military guns I own

FN FAL
M1 Garand
Springfield 1903 (actually I sold it last week)
Mauser K98
SKS
1911A1
Browning 1919A4 (nothing spells happiness like a belt fed weapon)

And of course I've got piles of miscelaneous hunting target shooting and just in general oddball guns.
ts-pulsar
+54|6511

ShattuckES wrote:

I own a Romanian AK-47 (semi-auto) the SVD Dragunov (also Romanian)
I'm sorry, I've gotta point this out.  The romanians never built an SVD, the romanian gun looks a lot like an SVD, but really it's just an upscaled AK47.  The true SVD is only built by russia and china and is a unique design.  Sorry, I just have to pop this bubble all the time when I tell people I have a Dragunov and they always pop up saying "oh yeah I've got one too, romanian made"
jimbo21
+11|6660
92fs
The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6634

The Soup Nazi wrote:

my nephew (who's 17) just bought an M4A1 (like in Counter-Strike) with a red dot sight and mounted flashlight.  i imagine anyone who breaks into his house would be quite sorry, indeed.

edit:  he brought it over to my parents during Thanksgiving and i got to shoot it.  i fell in love with it instantly and am strongly considering buying the "bigger brother" M16.
Just like Counter Strike? So he's got the thing on the left and you pull it instead of pushing it .

Own no guns, but i fired a pistol (forgot name) which is supposingly the Russian counterpart of James Bond's pistol. And i fired an air rifle (dont know it's name).
SGT.Slayero
+98|6473|Life in a vacuum sucks
i have the knife (i pwn with the knife in the game not in real life)
turkeybacon
+50|6454|Dragon Valley

The Soup Nazi wrote:

my nephew (who's 17) just bought an M4A1 (like in Counter-Strike) with a red dot sight and mounted flashlight.  i imagine anyone who breaks into his house would be quite sorry, indeed.

edit:  he brought it over to my parents during Thanksgiving and i got to shoot it.  i fell in love with it instantly and am strongly considering buying the "bigger brother" M16.
I always thought it was the "smaller brother"

*scratches head*

but seriously, I thought an m4 was similiar to an m16 with a cut stock, more for closer ranges, and for missions like storming buildings and whatnot. More of an SF gun where an M16 is more for patrolling vast outdoor areas. I could be way off, I dont know a whole shitload about guns, I couldnt buy any cool ones even if I wanted so I dont have a whole pile of interest. Excuse my ignorance if I'm wrong here.
tnt_dynamite
+3|6749
You wonder why we have so many gun crimes in the U.S.....
turkeybacon
+50|6454|Dragon Valley
haha just curious, lets say you were ultra ultra rich living in the USA, could you technically buy an attack helo? It would be kickass to have a 100 million dollar mansion with a helo pad on the roof holding an apache or something. Laws? Just curious, like I said. Or what about a tank? Or arty? If you had the money in the USA can you basically buy whatever the hell you want?
.|microphage
+4|6641|Vancouver, BC
i fired a m60 before (blank rounds though) and i own a killer paintball gun!
ts-pulsar
+54|6511

turkeybacon wrote:

haha just curious, lets say you were ultra ultra rich living in the USA, could you technically buy an attack helo? It would be kickass to have a 100 million dollar mansion with a helo pad on the roof holding an apache or something. Laws? Just curious, like I said. Or what about a tank? Or arty? If you had the money in the USA can you basically buy whatever the hell you want?
Nope.... well sort of.  You can own a tank or attack helicopters, but the weapons have to be permanently disabled or removed.  No weapons on aircraft, but you can have the weapons on ground vehicles as long as the weapons aren't considered a destructive device... basically anything over .50bmg, and you can't be taking the vehicle into public with the weapons on.

Though I do know of an owner of an ammo manufacturing company that has a P-51 Mustang with the weapons still functional, I guess he owns a few thousand acres and has targets set up for when he's flying around.  I guess he had to jump through a lot of legal hoops to do this and get special permisions.

More than anything it depends on the state your in.  Nevada is a very gun friendly state, it's not all that hard to get a liscense to own fully automatic machine guns in Nevada... of course the machine guns themselves are insanely expensive due to a law passed in the 80's that I don't feel like explaining.  But basically something like an M249 SAW can go for over $100,000 on the legal civilian market.

Oh, and I have shot a variant of the mini-gun on the blackhawk
Doktorbob
+26|6496
Whenever I eat beans I sound like an arty strike!  Hope that helps!
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6652|Cumberland, MD, USA

turkeybacon wrote:

but seriously, I thought an m4 was similiar to an m16 with a cut stock, more for closer ranges, and for missions like storming buildings and whatnot. More of an SF gun where an M16 is more for patrolling vast outdoor areas. I could be way off, I dont know a whole shitload about guns, I couldnt buy any cool ones even if I wanted so I dont have a whole pile of interest. Excuse my ignorance if I'm wrong here.
You are correct. The M16A2 has a longer barrel and a solid stock. The M4A1 has a shorter barrel and collaspable stock. The collaspable stock and shorter barrel make the M4A1 the perfect gun for urban missions where the target will rarely be more than 150 yards even though the gun itself can shoot much further. The M16A2 on the other hand is a very long weapon making it more suited to reach out and touch someone.

From BF2:
AR-15 (Civilian M16A2. The Medic one.).
M11-87.
PM L96A1 (Civilian L96A1. AWP L96A1 is the one in-game.).
M249 (Single shot only. Bought from military auction.).

Not From BF2:
Mini-14.
Remington 12.
Colt 1911.
Bushmasters (2.).
Benelli 12.
Mossberg 12.
many, MANY, MANY more.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6530
g3, m4, 92fs
stockFD3S
+2|6526|San Antonio, TX
Remington 870 Express Magnum and WASR-10 high capacity.  Imbel FN FAL kit is next on the list.

https://www.alamomotoring.com/stuff/wasr.JPG
13rin
+977|6487

ShattuckES wrote:

Only problem being that the M-16 is illegal for a civilian to own. You can however purchase an AR-15, which has almost exactly the same look, with the only differences being that it can't go into fully auto and it has no bayonet lug.

I own a Romanian AK-47 (semi-auto) the SVD Dragunov (also Romanian), and a single shot civilian version of the DAO-12 (its called a Streetsweeper, its just a kit so its not automatic, so its legal). And since it technically IS a weapon in BF2, I also own the K-Bar combat knife thats used in this game. (at least it looks like a K-Bar, its hard to tell, although I am fairly certain that it isn't really used much anymore.

I have fired the G3 and the L85A1, and have done simulations with the SRAW (not firing actual projectiles of course, but it was an actual launcher)
Get a class III firearm license and it isn't.  BUT... The price for a full auto sky rocketts.  For example:   a HK-MP 5 runs about 3 grand for the military.  You can buy one here in the US for about 15 grand when all is said and done.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6718|austria
desert eagle Mark XIX .50 AE (Action Express) in black for sportshooting!
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
Tetn1s
+59|6650|Los Angeles
Mp5 Airsoft gun, I cant own anything else(im under age 13)
ozzie_johnson
+98|6666|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
i have a butter knife
yellobatman!
+0|6538
Bushmaster Pre-Ban AR-15----beowolf .50 upper entry kit with 16 inch barrel free floated with 1/4 twist, RRA 2-stage trigger pack, quad rail with ris system, surefire tac. entry light, fore grip,  EOTECH red dot entry sights, m203 not for nades used for gas and flashbangs, 6 position stock, Houge pistol grip, FC2 Phantom flash hider, oversized forward assist, KNS push button take down (front pin)

Springfield Armory XD .40 cal high cap. mags, surefire entry light, night sites

Glock 9mm---high cap mags night sites

Desert Eagle Baby Eagle .45 ACP---surefire entry light

Weatherby Mark V .308---Nikon 6x18x50 scope with leupold rings, fulton but stock with recoil assist and thumb guard, fulted full length barrel with 1/8 twist, harris 13 inch bipod

Remington 700 police issue 7mm mag---Trijicon 3x12x24 gen 3 night sight, fulton butt stock with recoil assist, custom built muzzlebrake 40% recoil reduction, full camo paint job, 3 inch shortened barrel fluted with .75 inch twist, harris 13 inch bipod, shooting custom loaded 330 grain ballastic tip noslers!!

Benelli cordoba 12 ga.---5 set Crio Choke tubes

Last edited by yellobatman! (2006-10-04 22:22:16)

=MI5=CHRISTIAN
Me Gusta Karma Mucho
+49|6554|Leftern America
i've shot 45. colt, 40. glock, 44. magnum, 357. magnum, 22. rifle, 306. rifle. uhhhh, oh yeah, a 20,12, and 10 guage shotgun. i dont own any though.
cohen1976
+14|6776
i dont even got a kitchen knife
Fearmesnipers
+41|6454|Wales

schmedy wrote:

DeeKay wrote:

i dont see the point in owning an assault rifle for home defence. Do you use a chainsaw to butter your muffin? america's gun laws are fucked and they have the worse gun murder rate in the world.
Show us some proof on your factless statistic, I tend to disagree.
lol are you stupid? Us is reknown worldwide for having such aweful gun violence.

Its not many places you get nutters rapaging through schools.

Respect to them.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6682|Houston, Texas
I've got a Remmington 700 .30-06 w/ 3-9x40 scope (m24 basically)
Also got a glock 27 .40S&W
and a Beretta U22

Last edited by alien-DSW-Gen (2006-10-05 00:06:17)

rootbeer73
+24|6593|in a small dark place
i got a wheelbarrow and some rocks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard