markH262
+0|6689
I need help and I haven't seen a decent post for this issue. Just since Tuesday 10/3 everytime a start to load a map it gets to about 15% and instantly CTD. I haven't changed a thing in BF2 and I've been playing with the 1.4 patch since it came out. The only problems I've had have been the ones ID'd in the various forums but not continual CTDs. Punkbuster is suppose to update automatically. I checked the site and I have the latest files.

Anyone have some suggestions because I think I get better info here then trying to deal with the lame ass answers EA gives.
-=5TON3D
+42|6574|u.k
heres a quick sugestion before i fkoff to bed.goto
Documents and Settings\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache
& delete everything INSIDE the cache folder,but not the cache folder itself.this causes bf2 to reoptimise your gfx settings next time you load a map.

if that does'nt work & it was me i'd either try updating my gfx drivers/sound drivers then maybe just repatching with 1.4 again.if that didnt work i'd just reinstall the fucker lol.

hope that helps
markH262
+0|6689
Stoned - You are great, at least to a point. I did clear out the folders and it seemed to work, at least for 10 min. then my system locked up. I didn't get a chance to reboot and try again as it was to late at night and I had to work the next day. I will try it again tonight to see if it works without locking up. It also seemed to reduce the high ping I was getting after the 1.4 patch.  I did update the driver for the graphics card but nvidia says it's unnecessary except for those having problems (just not the ones with BF2).

You Rock!!!
-=5TON3D
+42|6574|u.k
at least you got it working,even for a short while lol.
you should check through a few sticky threads on here about lag reduction cause i'm sure i seen one the other day,also theres a few tweaks & tips for bf2 somewhere on here that might be more helpful as they go into more detail & might help you pinpoint exactly whats causing your game probs.

Last edited by -=5TON3D (2006-10-06 18:23:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard