Kaiser|Soze
+0|6749
I dont understand why but i cant even play the game ever since I got 1.12. I have all my video settings down as low as they will go and I dont think i have that crappy a video card. Is it time for me to upgrade or is my computer infected with something? The internet runs slow also.
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6850|Germany / Saxony
I realized since the new patch I get laggy like hell when I fly chopper....
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6718|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs
can you tell me then why I have almost never lag?
cat4ever
+69|6758|CATALONIA
I don't know why but this happens to me too
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6764|Rotherham, England
Its not lag, its low frames per second. EA and DICE had "problems" when making patch 1.12. This patch is only there to allow people who havn't bought special forces to still be able to play normal bf2 servers with people who have bought special forces, and it just so happens that they messed it all up and this patch screws up your performance. Try typing this in console and look at your frames per second: "renderer.drawfps 1"
(dont put the speech marks in), your fps is the number that is closest to the left.
A good fps is anything between 30-80, anything below that and it may appear as though its lagging but really it isn't, its just low fps. You may already know this for all i know, but uif you don't just try it and see.
Kaiser|Soze
+0|6749
so how do i fix it?? go buy SF the only option, sounds like a conspiricy to me, lol. EA suckering us into buying the new game.

Bastards
irenicus999
+0|6748
Buying SF won't help.  I still have the same problem as you, and I play SF.
Gnatevil
+0|6834|Haughton, LA USA
Could be your sound settings.  I had to change mine from Hardware to Software in order to get "unlaggy".  I know it isn't my video card (7800 GTX) so I started trying different things.  Changed my sound settings and voila'...no "lag".
Kaiser|Soze
+0|6749
I messed with the sound settings and that didnt do anything, so im really stumped as to what to do. I may just have to upgrade my video card, and if thats the case ill jsut stop playing it. I dont know how much a new decent video card costs but I build a truck right now and i dont have cash for that.
Kaiser|Soze
+0|6749
Ok ijust lookedx up my video card and it a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200. That means absolutly nothing to me, so is that what could be hurting the game performance? If it is explain this in leymens terms cause I am a truck and car guy, not a computer person.
mbolton2005
+0|6725|Wherever I may roam
The FX5200 card is kinda old.  In fact I think that's below the minimum requirements for the basic BF2, not to mention the SF expansion.  I think the minimum Nvidia card is either an FX5600 or FX5700.  In layman's terms, it means you need a new video card bro.. sorry to tell ya.
Kaiser|Soze
+0|6749
Ah no big deal, ill figure it out . So how much does one of those run? Is it jsut a basic plug and play in the computer or what? Can i download an update for it and maybe that would help out?

Last edited by Kaiser|Soze (2005-12-10 18:08:07)

chitlin
Banned
+36|6768
you can find a 5700 for 50 bucks but its old and minimum ..

a 6800 or 7800 will run the game good but its 250-500
redfoxster
Chopper Whore Extraordinaire
+3|6778

Kaiser|Soze wrote:

Ok ijust lookedx up my video card and it a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200. That means absolutly nothing to me, so is that what could be hurting the game performance? If it is explain this in leymens terms cause I am a truck and car guy, not a computer person.
Yeah, that is a very old video card, especiall y as far as Basttlefield goes.

EA/DICE are very bad code writers as far as resource usage, hence the game needs very good hardware torun well, id recommend nothing lower than a 6600 GT for this game
Kaiser|Soze
+0|6749
what about a 6600? i dont know what all the specs and stuff under the name means like: DDR AGP DVI what does that mean?

This is kinda pathetic on my part, i have no idea what makes it work except that it turns on and i click stuff with the mouse. I can tell you all about how to rebuild engines and transmissions but dont know shit about computers.

Last edited by Kaiser|Soze (2005-12-10 18:21:18)

deject
Got His War On
+37|6779|Golden, CO

Kaiser|Soze wrote:

what about a 6600? i dont know what all the specs and stuff under the name means like: DDR AGP DVI what does that mean?

This is kinda pathetic on my part, i have no idea what makes it work except that it turns on and i click stuff with the mouse. I can tell you all about how to rebuild engines and transmissions but dont know shit about computers.
A plain 6600 is no good.  If you get one, you need to get a 6600GT.  However, There is an ATi X800 GT in AGP (which is what you have) that should do pretty good and current price is about $170.

Here's a link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814102618
JJC7
+0|6717
HI my frame rates get low to after the new patch and the SF pack, i have a nvidia 6800Gt vid card, also my friend had the same prob with the 5200 as Kaiser|Soze, it did work ok on medium settings till the pach.

I think there is a prob the new patch lets hope they bring an other patch to sort it out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard