pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6643
I was just trying to see if the internet computer gaming people did follow the stereotypical trend of liking the sci fi space series Star trek or other Sci fi crap.

Now personally ive seen about 6 episodes when i was like 9 and have never watched it since i think they are a load of crap, i have seen all the star wars movies apart from the latest one. And thats it for me.

Do you follow it religiously? Do you go to conventions?

Last edited by pure_beef_69 (2006-10-04 08:41:49)

DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6543|Doncaster, UK
I'll watch the films every now and again but I'm certainly not a trekkie. I'm a B5 fan though.
BVC
+325|6693
I watch it and like it, but no more than say the simpsons, southpark or all the stuff on the History channel
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6530|Doncaster - UK
Yep, i fit all the stereo types for the computer gamer and geek.

Watch all the sci-fi stuff, and love most of it, even the crap stuff.  Still watch it all.
Have no interest in any conventions though, dont quite get what thats all about?

SG1 / B5 / Star Trek / Farscape / Space Above and beyond ..... ill stop now.

Geek and proud.  (see the sig )
oberst_enzian
+234|6740|melb.au
my gf and i recently watched all seven series of next gen in about 4-5 months... thank the lawd for dvd boxed sets! she was st'd out by then, but i continued and did the same with voyager...

also, because you're a sci-fi noob i'll let you off with just this once: do not speak about st and sw as if they fit in the same genre. sw is science-fantasy, and therefore gay, intended only for kids and fags.
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6530|Doncaster - UK
Oooh,  GEEK debate ahoy.

Is Star Wars Sci Fantasy?  and why.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6515|Montucky

oberst_enzian wrote:

my gf and i recently watched all seven series of next gen in about 4-5 months... thank the lawd for dvd boxed sets! she was st'd out by then, but i continued and did the same with voyager...

also, because you're a sci-fi noob i'll let you off with just this once: do not speak about st and sw as if they fit in the same genre. sw is science-fantasy, and therefore gay, intended only for kids and fags.
Wow you are the King of Nerds and everything that "takes place" beyond the year 2006, with equipment and people and races that don't exist, is Science-Fantasy, so Star Wars and Star Trek fit in the same boat.

War of the Worlds [the gay version with Tom Cruise], is science fiction.

2001 a Space Oddessy is Science Fiction
2010 (the sequal to 2001) is Science Fantasy.

Are you pickin up what i'm laying down?

Last edited by S3v3N (2006-10-04 05:32:43)

{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6676|In You Endo- Stoke
Yep i was a trekkie when i was younger,just finished watching enterprise all the series and now bored again.

Not a big next gen fan anymore seen alot of them to many times more of a DS9 fan.

I would probally fall into the "Geek" catergory but to see me you wouldn't think so.And i ain't going anywhere near a convention.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6588|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Yep Love sci-fi but I don't really watch that much Tv. I'm a semi geek, but I don't follow any Tv series religiously.
Rosse_modest
+76|6773|Antwerp, Flanders
Like it? Yes. Attend conventions? No, of course not, people who attend conventions don't just like it, they're obsessed with it. I also liked the original Star Wars, and I also consider Star Trek and Star Wars to be fundamentally different, only common ground they have is space.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Hell no.  What a gay show.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6471|6 6 4 oh, I forget

usmarine2005 wrote:

Hell no.  What a gay show.
Yay! 2nd that
MrHibs
+15|6639|Scotland
"Star Treking across the universe, on the Starship Enterprise, under Captain Kirk!

There's klingon's off the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow.  There's klingon's off the starboard bow, starboard bow Jim!"

I like Sci-fi and fantasy stuff but not to an obsessive level.  I'm aslo 24 and still play computer games but I would argue until I'm blue in the face that I'm not a geek!

I do however have the coolest Jedi name since Obi Wan Kenobi - Murpa Jan Caedi

Jeez oh, maybe I am a geek
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6470|Kakanien
no
voltage
+46|6837|Sweden
Watching TNG right now. It's about Spock actually, although he's only been displayed on a picture so far.

I agree that SW have a fantasy element in it (the Force).
DocZ
+13|6685|Belgium
I am an avid fan of Star Trek, Star Wars, B5 and Crusade, Stargate SG1 and other sci-fi stuff that's cool...
I got it all in my DVD collection, got some lightsaber hilts, and some Lord of the Rings swords and shields on my wall and mantlepiece.  It just looks cool.
I always wonder why that automatically makes you a geek, nerd or whatever... 
I just think it's cool entertainment, more intellectually challenging then like, say, Buffy or those other cheap series...   

Maybe I am a geek, but at least I don't mind what other people think of me...
MrHibs
+15|6639|Scotland

DocZ wrote:

I am an avid fan of Star Trek, Star Wars, B5 and Crusade, Stargate SG1 and other sci-fi stuff that's cool...
I got it all in my DVD collection, got some lightsaber hilts, and some Lord of the Rings swords and shields on my wall and mantlepiece
No offense - that sounds pretty geeky, but as you said, who gives a f*ck what other people think.

Anyway, didn't God say the geek shall inherit the earth!?!
Master*
Banned
+416|6492|United States

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

no
DocZ
+13|6685|Belgium

MrHibs wrote:

DocZ wrote:

I got it all in my DVD collection, got some lightsaber hilts, and some Lord of the Rings swords and shields on my wall and mantlepiece
No offense - that sounds pretty geeky, but as you said, who gives a f*ck what other people think.

Anyway, didn't God say the geek shall inherit the earth!?!
lol
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6717|The Netherlands
Star trek is cool, i dont really like the other series like stargate. I ve seen a lot of star trek episodes on tv in the past but nowadays i hardly watch tv at all really. I like voyager best btw, seven of nine ftw.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/35/JeriRyan-as-Seven.JPG
OuTLaW667
+2|6425

oberst_enzian wrote:

"GF".........Stop tellin' lies!  Star Trek is G.A.Y

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard