Colfax
PR Only
+70|6792|United States - Illinois
I say Oct 21.

maps jalalabad, mashtuur, sharqi

On a side note we NEED to make a cut off on the teams at 16 v 16. 

1st Reason:  We can play 32 man maps
2nd Reason:  I already know if we make it 20 or more not everyone on the Con team is gonna make it.  We already have drop outs that aren't noted in the list yet. 
3rd Reason: It is to hard to get 20+ people organized.  We are gonna have to much chaos going on match day.

Take the top 16 people and they are in.  As the date gets closer people will drop out and the people above 16 will take their places.

Update list of Cons.  Lowing said he was out and lighting is having modem issues so until we get confirmed hes back in he should be dropped down to the lower part of the list.

We also need to designate team leaders that do the talkin before matches to get ready for starting.  What the leader says goes and if people are chatting in chat and they aren't the leader they get warned then kicked for disrupting the match

When you play in organized online tournies no one talks in chat except the designated leader.  Any other chat could be used as grounds for forfeit.

Live or not was the biggest issue last time we need two people talking and confirming whats going on.

Last edited by Colfax (2006-10-02 08:49:06)

DeathsTouch
Team NHB
+35|6803|Los Angeles, CA
I'm a lib, but sign me up for whatever team Darth_Fleder is in.

[con]SilverShadow
c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core
+100|6708|laguna beach, ca

DeathsTouch wrote:

I'm a lib, but sign me up for whatever team Darth_Fleder is in.

[con]SilverShadow
but then when the cons win they might say it was because we had some hippie loser on our team.  go join the love fest on the other team.  :-P
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6838|Tampa Bay Florida
I agree with everything Colfax says, and in addition I'd like to say that the team leaders should PM all the server info and password to every player via these forums.  Last time I woke up 5 minutes til one, and I didn't even know the server was password protected until I tried to join, and luckily I got it from chuy on xfire.  My own fault, I know, but if we're gonna operate like a team here, team leaders should make sure that every player knows how to get in... some of us don't always get to look on the forums all the time.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6905|Argentina

Colfax wrote:

I say Oct 21.

2nd Reason:  I already know if we make it 20 or more not everyone on the Con team is gonna make it.  We already have drop outs that aren't noted in the list yet. 
3rd Reason: It is to hard to get 20+ people organized.  We are gonna have to much chaos going on match day.

Take the top 16 people and they are in.  As the date gets closer people will drop out and the people above 16 will take their places.

Update list of Cons.  Lowing said he was out and lighting is having modem issues so until we get confirmed hes back in he should be dropped down to the lower part of the list.

We also need to designate team leaders that do the talkin before matches to get ready for starting.  What the leader says goes and if people are chatting in chat and they aren't the leader they get warned then kicked for disrupting the match

When you play in organized online tournies no one talks in chat except the designated leader.  Any other chat could be used as grounds for forfeit.

Live or not was the biggest issue last time we need two people talking and confirming whats going on.
Lowing is really out?
I think we sign up everyone and then we cut at 16.  We need confirmation a week before, so if it is 21st the all people playing have to confirm on oct 14th.
I agree with the leader thing.  The leaders should be two American people, so they have low ping and can talk without problem. 
We also need to know who are going to be the Commanders, I want to be Commander for lib team if you have no problem.  Let me know.  For con team who wants to be Commander?
Colfax
PR Only

lowing wrote:

I am sorry guys but I have to gracefully bow out of this one. I have been offered a job back in aviation and it will take me away for several weeks....Gunna have to stick with the old." I killed Lowing" tags for awhile.
Commander or Team leaders?

Last edited by Colfax (2006-10-02 21:11:59)

InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6580|Washington State, USA
maybe we can find Firestorm for the Commander....
power9787
+10|6730
can i join?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6780|949

-Date: Saturday 21
-GMT Start: 17:00?
-Map Rotation: any
Jainus
+30|6724|Herts, UK
-Date: Either Saturday
-GMT Start: From 12:00 to 20:00
-Map Rotation: Kark, Mash & Jalalabad (but again any as i like all the US vs MEC maps)
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6905|Argentina

Colfax wrote:

lowing wrote:

I am sorry guys but I have to gracefully bow out of this one. I have been offered a job back in aviation and it will take me away for several weeks....Gunna have to stick with the old." I killed Lowing" tags for awhile.
Commander or Team leaders?
Both, Commanders command and Team Leaders are the link between both teams.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6616

Colfax wrote:

I say Oct 21.

I agree with most all you saud. But do not excule the exrtas completely as some people will show up late or leave early. An idea would be to tell the extras after every round if there are open slots, this will help keep the rounds more 16v16 and less 7v14 or 9v3.
Colfax
PR Only

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Colfax wrote:

I say Oct 21.

We also need to designate team leaders that do the talking before matches to get ready for starting.  What the leader says goes and if people are chatting in chat and they aren't the leader they get warned then kicked for disrupting the match

I agree with most all you saud. But do not excule the extras completely as some people will show up late or leave early. An idea would be to tell the extras after every round if there are open slots, this will help keep the rounds more 16v16 and less 7v14 or 9v3.
Thats why we get 16 v16 and thats it.  Which is the reason we are putting the match off for so long so that if something comes up and you can't make it you are out  and then someone on the list can replace you before the match.  We can't have people coming in mid match period.  Once the 32 are in thats it.  Unless the two team leaders converse about bringing someone else in.  This way we protect the integrity of the match.

If you're on the top 16 on your team you better be there or you are just screwing yourself, your team , and the others that wanted to play in your stead. 

I'm not trying to be an ass here i am just trying to make sure it runs smoothly so we will get an outcome no one can dismiss.  That out come is that Cons are better then libs....  (sarcasm) we'll see

There will be no showing up late or leaving early...if you do this you're out and you're team suffers... 

Which is why you need to be a GUARANTEE

If 1 hour before the match someone isn't there then make arrangements.  I would advise the team leaders to give out ts or vent channels to extras so if something happens before the match you can sub in. But once its started nothing changes.

If we wanna do this we should do it right.  Hasn't anyone ever played in CAL or ogl this is standard shit

Last edited by Colfax (2006-10-03 10:13:18)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6905|Argentina

Colfax wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Colfax wrote:

I say Oct 21.

We also need to designate team leaders that do the talking before matches to get ready for starting.  What the leader says goes and if people are chatting in chat and they aren't the leader they get warned then kicked for disrupting the match

I agree with most all you saud. But do not excule the extras completely as some people will show up late or leave early. An idea would be to tell the extras after every round if there are open slots, this will help keep the rounds more 16v16 and less 7v14 or 9v3.
Thats why we get 16 v16 and thats it.  Which is the reason we are putting the match off for so long so that if something comes up and you can't make it you are out  and then someone on the list can replace you before the match.  We can't have people coming in mid match period.  Once the 32 are in thats it.  Unless the two team leaders converse about bringing someone else in.  This way we protect the integrity of the match.

If you're on the top 16 on your team you better be there or you are just screwing yourself, your team , and the others that wanted to play in your stead. 

I'm not trying to be an ass here i am just trying to make sure it runs smoothly so we will get an outcome no one can dismiss.  That out come is that Cons are better then libs....  (sarcasm) we'll see

There will be no showing up late or leaving early...if you do this you're out and you're team suffers... 

Which is why you need to be a GUARANTEE

If 1 hour before the match someone isn't there then make arrangements.  I would advise the team leaders to give out ts or vent channels to extras so if something happens before the match you can sub in. But once its started nothing changes.

If we wanna do this we should do it right.  Hasn't anyone ever played in CAL or ogl this is standard shit
I agree.  That's why I asked all the people who signed up to post their preferences of date, time and map rotation, but a few did.
Other thing to take care of is the server, we don't have one yet.
And we need to know who the team leaders are going to be, and commanders as well.  I already asked to be lib commander, but need approval from my team mates.

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-10-03 10:50:10)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6703
Sat 14th, Jalalabad-Karkand-Sharqui, date not terribly important to me...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-03 13:25:43)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6616
Date, how about the 21st? Its the (so far) most favored anyway.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6904|United States of America
I'm still up for it.  Don't take me out yet.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6844|NJ
sat the 14th early I can do it.
T0rr3nt
+54|6725|Michigan
[Con]T0Rr3Nt
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6905|Argentina
It appears to be Saturday the 21st at 15 GMT.  If that's so, I need you to confirm your presence.  Please, all the people in the list say yes or no.
CC-Marley
+407|6977

sergeriver wrote:

It appears to be Saturday the 21st at 15 GMT.  If that's so, I need you to confirm your presence.  Please, all the people in the list say yes or no.
That's 10am EST? Sorry I'm really baked right now...but I didn't inhale...if yes I'm in.

Last edited by CC-Marley (2006-10-03 18:47:41)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6792
wish i could get in the mix but im playing soldier again for the first time in over a year on oct 21
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6904|United States of America
Wait so if it's 10 EST, that means 7:00 PST.  AM or PM?
Colfax
PR Only
what time is 15 GMT EST or central or anything US.  I'm sry im GMT challenged
MasterNe0
+1|6732|New York City
the 21
any time
maps: any

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard