Barrakuda777
+86|6746|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Playing last night I did something that I have only ever managed to do once before in a real game. Karkand, I’m a MEC sniper and making my way to the front 2 USMC spawns (by the coragated fence by hotel) an enemy support guy appears to my left and sprints to close the 10 or so feet to me….
A support guy getting the drop on almost anyone = dead enemy 99.99% of the time and as the realisation that I’m living on borrowed time dawns on me, I did something that MUST be rare.
Instead of running, hopping and praying like a nubcake etc (like most people do when I get the drop on them as support), I though, screw it and turned into him like my l96 was a pkm. We both drop prone at the same time and I squeeze of my one un-scoped maverick round and nail him, headshot, he is dead.

I am laying there thinking Jeebus I wish I had a fraps of that, looking at the corpse of a pretty good player and it dawns on me that that must be a pretty rare kill.

How many of you have gotten unscoped close quarters kills?

How many have had it happen to them?

Kooda

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2006-10-03 03:54:21)

ssonrats
+221|6654
I have done it once before, i have also recently hit "enemy infantry spotted" command but fired by accident and got a 1 shot kill.
Entertayner
+826|6580

I have, i are cool
Sambuccashake
+126|6620|Sweden
I've done it with the SVD but I have yet to try it with the bolt action rifles.

Nicely done!
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6544|Edmonton Alberta
i have one on fraps...bur it wasnt a head shot..... we kinda had pistol fight but we both ran out of bullets so i pulled out my l96 while buddy was reloading took a shot...missed.... went prone.... buddy for some dumb reason went prone about a foot away from me and i got a unscoped kill

sorry theres no sound i dont record fraps stuff with sound because fraps movies are already big enough

Edit: put in video clip....wow that video concerto is crazy good

Last edited by straz_mataz (2006-10-03 04:33:02)

Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6600|Your attic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awk_3ykoaz4

Firstly only sniper vid I've ever been really impressed by, secondly he seems quite good at unscoped kills.

P.S. Nyte's videos are ok as well.

Last edited by Towelly (2006-10-03 04:29:51)

MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6665
Never done it, always try to pull my pistol or knife...but I think it's happened to me.  Situations where it just doesn't seem like there was any way that they had time to go to scope, aim and shoot...but it might not have been a head shot, I already had some health gone.
MrE`158
+103|6633
Given the deviation of an unscoped sniper rifle (they all have base deviation of 5 when unzoomed), it's really a matter of luck.  Fun when it happens, but honestly, skill has nothing to do with it.

I've gotten a few, invariably it's a case of "come around a corner, see a bad guy and click", and you happen to score a hit.  If I don't get the headshot, I'll switch to pistol in the hope that I hit him somewhere and can finish him off with a pistol round before he kills me.  Doesn't usually work... 
xINTERMISSIONx
+71|6566|A dark hole....
i was playing mashtuur city and i was a sniper with my L96A1. There were 2 enemy's driving to our last base. one driving the other shooting. I press Q for "enemy car spotted" but i press A and shoot. I killed the shooting one with a head shoot. that was sooo lucky
jsnipy
+3,276|6532|...

funny you mention this. I was playing commander on an io server last night and got a few with m95 (mostly out of panic)
ssonrats
+221|6654

Towelly wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awk_3ykoaz4

Firstly only sniper vid I've ever been really impressed by, secondly he seems quite good at unscoped kills.

P.S. Nyte's videos are ok as well.
Good video.
Barrakuda777
Who is it (i cant watch as my work blocks it)

There may be a knack to it, but you would have to die alot perfecting it... and lets face it, if ur caught that close, u screwed up and should probably die...

Fun to pull off though!

Kooda
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6636|Warlord

Barrakuda777 wrote:

... and I squeeze of my one un-scoped maverick round and nail him, headshot, he is dead.
He might have been injured don't forget.

Barrakuda777 wrote:

I am laying there thinking Jeebus I wish I had a fraps of that...
Yeah I know just what you mean. I've now killed three guys while accidentally leaving off the commo rose button when spotting, firing instead of clicking the menu: one was speeding past in pickup truck, one was just visible on a roof about 40m away and one was hidden behind the truck wreckage in front of the TV station on Warlord so I must have gotten him through a gap in the chassis!!

Barrakuda777 wrote:

How many of you have gotten unscoped close quarters kills?
About six times in 480+ hours sniping.

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Almost 100% sure about one time (no time to aim) but maybe three or four times? It's pretty hard to know if the other guy is scoped in

Couple of questions about what happened in your case: why did you prone and why didn't you scope-aim- shoot if he was that close? I'm asking in case your computer isn't fast enough to allow you to do this as I get scope lag all the bloody time and it's often guaranteed suicide if I try.
Stags
+26|6665
I've gotten a few, spottend a blackhawk using my m-95 oops it fired oops the pilots dead oh well, completely luck just looked and laughed.

Second time, Mastuur.  US took the Hotel so I was coming down from the gas station.  Got caught by a squad of 6.  Took one out with my scope (revived by a medic), dropped my two claymores and retreated a bit.  Boom Boom.  Grenade Grenade (out of ammo).  Switched back to my m95 took close to aim effectively with the scope, knew I was dead took a pot shot at one guy dead, next guy shot dead.  Pulled out my pistol took another guy down.  Thier medic was busy reviving one of the claymore people, knife... knife.  One guy still alive tries to knife me, already changed back to my m-95 got another no scope.

Afterwords, I just typed, "Okay who's ever squad that was, I'm sorry but that was complete luck.  You should've had me dead.  But that's life and shit happens."
Barrakuda777

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Almost 100% sure about one time (no time to aim) but maybe three or four times? It's pretty hard to know if the other guy is scoped in
Couple of questions about what happened in your case: why did you prone and why didn't you scope-aim- shoot if he was that close? I'm asking in case your computer isn't fast enough to allow you to do this as I get scope lag all the bloody time and it's often guaranteed suicide if I try.
I proned on him as i wanted to have my gun in his mouth when i pulled the trigger (fugured his melon would fill my screen and i could not miss), to be perfectly honest it was one of them "nothing to loose" moments so i just went at hime really agressively.

I did not scope for the exact same reason as you, i may as well hit the suicide button...

I have had commo kills but not from the sniper (usually pistol or G3)

side note: I did discover a new way to make teammates hate sniper squadleaders last night,  pulling the pin on a nade and decideing to check the tactical map to set waypoints in the middle of a team huddle is a good way to loose limbs and friends          - made me laugh though

Kooda
Masta_Daco
+39|6746|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
i have done one too with the m95
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6555
That happened to me once. Map was Dragon Valley, I got struck in melee and just shot with the rifle. That was a quiet suprising kill...
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6688|In You Endo- Stoke
I know its cheating but if you put a piece of blue tac on your screen dead centre to the scope sight you should be able to kill unscoped quite often.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6636|Warlord

Barrakuda777 wrote:

I did not scope for the exact same reason as you, i may as well hit the suicide button...
Pity. Sucks don't it?

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

I know its cheating but if you put a piece of blue tac on your screen dead centre to the scope sight you should be able to kill unscoped quite often.
Cheating schmeeting. But, quite often?

If you don't already have BF2 set to a level with pretty decent graphics (so you can see the decals for bullet holes) turn 'em up just for this:
pick a sniper rifle;
stand a couple of metres from a wall;
shoot at it unscoped until rifle is empty;
check shot pattern;
revise theory.

ViCT0RI0US
Perfection
+26|6428|Qatar: Where The Players Play
I don't do the unscoped stuff, I'm good enough to scope a headshot at close range.
-ViC
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6539|Belgium
Ive done it once, but its something you only do when you ave nothing to lose. The problem is that snipers are extremely unaccurate when unscoped
ViCT0RI0US
Perfection
+26|6428|Qatar: Where The Players Play
I don't do the unscoped stuff, I'm good enough to scope a headshot at close range.
-ViC
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6495|England
Yeah dBs is a sweet sniper one of the best i've ever seen!

Heres another of his videos!

Click Here, Yay!

An Another , WooO!

Last edited by LostFate (2006-10-03 09:02:13)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6656
I was just screwing around once shooting my m95 at my friend unscoped to make him think he was taking fire and I accidently popped him in the head. Oops... The deviation is just too big to know where it's gonna go.
jimbo21
+11|6661
managed to do it a few time myself but never on purpose they were all suprise situations, i find if you point head level above right shoulder you up your chances.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard